Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:06 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

Why would we need a draft? We wouldn't invade Iran. Our message would simply be air-mailed to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 06:27 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
Nah - We don't need troops for Iran. Just a few well placed bunker-busters.
Go back and remember that shock and awe did not even remotely begin to solve the problem. Air superiority only helps the ground troops.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Why are the servicemen/women there now on their 3, 4, and 5 tours of duty in a combat zone? If there are sufficient numbers in the military then everyone would serve ONE tour and come home. NOT happening! Also ,,,, (it is my understanding from what I’ve heard) they are taking military personal from the Navy who have completed their 4 year enlistment and having them complete another tour of duty in the Army and reassigned to Iraq as part of their “overall 8 year obligation”.

I also served enlisted during the Vietnam period ~ however I’d never refer to those drafted as “deadheads”. With a few exceptions, all were very qualified to do what was asked of them. All were the sons, brothers, fathers, and husbands of family members back home. The idea of the draft (without exceptions) would take everyone that had a number come up in the lottery system, and that included many qualified men.

I agree with those that we need to get out of Iraq, and Iran is another story that the new administration will need to deal with after the election ~ hopefully they won’t need to start a draft lottery system; however the boots on the ground have always been needed in this type of war and that requires new service personnel.
Agreed. I think we need a draft to create a sense of urgency about this war and sense of sober consideration before the next. When your son or daughter may be heading to the battlefield, whether they want to or not, it fully charges the meaning of "All Americans must sacrifice" .

Old 04-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Yes Navy and AF personnel are being added to the Army.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 PM

208 posts, read 412,071 times
It's time to bring the troops home.

If our leaders were dead serious about fighting islamic terrorists then why are we importing tens of thousands of them?

Why are streets and parts of towns in America in Arabic script!?

If we're really interested in fighting Islamic terrorists then why did Bush set up a Muslim state in the Balkans, arm them and are currently developing their military? (Balkans is in southeastern Europe by the way.)

If we're really serious about fighting Islamic terrorists then why aren't more shipping containers being checked for you know what?

If we're really serious about fighting islamic terrorists then why aren't we locking down the borders when it's known that Muslims are training South of the Border?

I think the whole thing with the British troops off the coast of Iran getting captured was a set up. And the recent event with the supposed Iranian guys on rafts near a US carrier group was a set up to.

So will there be a draft? I think it's very probable because the US is exporting war for trans-national corporations and international bankers (for globalists). And whether it's McCain, Bush, Hillary, Obama or the Boogeyman, we're still going to be policing other people's business. That's the role the globalists have assigned for the US it seems, at least to me.

9/11 should never have happened in the first place. Why do we "have to" let those people into our country? Why do we have to let Muslims into the US or anybody for that matter in the first place?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Agreed. I think we need a draft to create a sense of urgency about this war and sense of sober consideration before the next. When your son or daughter may be heading to the battlefield, whether they want to or not, it fully charges the meaning of "All Americans must sacrifice" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Yes Navy and AF personnel are being added to the Army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
It's time to bring the troops home.

If our leaders were dead serious about fighting islamic terrorists then why are we importing tens of thousands of them?

Why are streets and parts of towns in America in Arabic script!?

If we're really interested in fighting Islamic terrorists then why did Bush set up a Muslim state in the Balkans, arm them and are currently developing their military? (Balkans is in southeastern Europe by the way.)

If we're really serious about fighting Islamic terrorists then why aren't more shipping containers being checked for you know what?

If we're really serious about fighting islamic terrorists then why aren't we locking down the borders when it's known that Muslims are training South of the Border?

I think the whole thing with the British troops off the coast of Iran getting captured was a set up. And the recent event with the supposed Iranian guys on rafts near a US carrier group was a set up to.

So will there be a draft? I think it's very probable because the US is exporting war for trans-national corporations and international bankers (for globalists). And whether it's McCain, Bush, Hillary, Obama or the Boogeyman, we're still going to be policing other people's business. That's the role the globalists have assigned for the US it seems, at least to me.

9/11 should never have happened in the first place. Why do we "have to" let those people into our country? Why do we have to let Muslims into the US or anybody for that matter in the first place?
They always need more boots on the ground and this is how they are getting them. The volunteer enlistment is all but over. The troops have served 3, 4, and 5 tours of combat duty. And if this president or the next one wants or needs to enter into conflict WAR with Iran,,,,,,,,,, we will have to have a lottery draft. There isn’t any mistaking this.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:30 AM

89 posts, read 66,841 times
What has Iran done that warrants us warring them?

If this congress, or the next president, DARES to send _MORE_ Americans to fight and die for ISRAEL and Jewish interests there is going to be hell to pay.

They plunged the world into two world wars, we don't need a third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies