Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Current abortion technique will not result in a live birth. Saline abortions are no longer done..
I know this really excites proabortioners because babies must die at all costs. Can't have examples of what actually happens when babies live and have happy, productive lives.

Sick. Sick. Sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 07:15 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:

There are fewer abortions now than before Roe v. Wade. Making abortion illegal will not make it go away, just underground. Women will buy medications off the internet and do DIY abortions. The result will be more complications and some deaths.
Absolutely 100% false statement.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:56 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Quote:
There are fewer abortions now than before Roe v. Wade. Making abortion illegal will not make it go away, just underground. Women will buy medications off the internet and do DIY abortions. The result will be more complications and some deaths.
Absolutely 100% false statement.
What I said is absolutely 100% true.

That is what happened before Roe v. Wade.

https://thinkprogress.org/what-ameri...-19687b9e9b16/

"In the decade when Grimes was born, the 1940s, there were records of more than 1,000 women dying each year from unsafe and largely self-induced abortions. Every large municipal hospital in the U.S. had a 'septic abortion ward,' and treatment for the complications from so-called 'incomplete abortion' was the single leading cause for admission for OB-GYN services across the country. National Opinion Research Center surveys conducted in the 1960s found that hundreds of women were attempting to self-abort by penetrating themselves with knitting needles, coat hangers, bicycle spokes, ballpoint pens; others tried to swallow chemicals like turpentine, laundry bleach, and acid."

Texas, after changes in abortion law, 2013, made it harder to get one:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-abort/416229/

"The survey authors say self-induced abortions may become more common if more abortion clinics close. 'Given that the populations we found to be most familiar with abortion self-induction are among those that have been most directly affected by the closure of abortion clinics in the state,' they write, we suspect that abortion self-induction will increase as clinic-based care becomes more difficult to access.'”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1433765

"Deaths from legal abortion declined fivefold between 1973 and 1985 (from 3.3 deaths to 0.4 death per 100,000 procedures), reflecting increased physician education and skills, improvements in medical technology, and, notably, the earlier termination of pregnancy."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abor...ry?id=59347545

"From 2006 until 2015, the total number of reported abortions decreased by 24 percent — from more than 840,000 in 2006 to about 638,000 in 2015, the report found.

The CDC also focused on two other measures that reached their lowest level over the same time period: the total number of abortions in the population, or the abortion rate, which decreased 26 percent, and the proportion of all pregnancies that end in abortion rather than birth, or the abortion ratio, which decreased 19 percent."

Old 04-07-2019, 10:05 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Only time I am pro-abortion is during cases of rape, especially those of incest, or if the only way to save the mom-to-be's body was to abort the baby. Now, it is the mom's choice whether or not she wants the baby even after being told all the dangers she could have delivering or deformities of what the baby could have post-delivery.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:11 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
We are dealing with generations of women who have been indoctrinated with false information that many unsuspectingly accepted as fact without questioning the motive behind it.

Planned Parenthood, radical "feminism" has created a mindset that women have been mistreated, used, abused, and they are being "forced" to give birth to the baby that they with a man they cared enough about to have sex with, created.

Sometimes women are their own worst enemy.

Planned Parenthood is a scam as much as any for profit business whose interest is in making as much money as possible without concern for the safety or efficacy of the product they are offering.
It is a money making scam.

Somehow, people, women have got to stop, think for themselves and really assess the motives behind the "service" offered without the influence of those who are making billions of dollars from the services they are offering.
This is about an awakening to who we are as Americans, mothers, fathers and just plain decent human beings. It's too easy to fall into the path most taken and become immune to anything that varies from that.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:23 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,234,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So she was mentally ill then. Suicide is not normal thinking. I hope she got the help she needed.
Pubescent girls are not known for their ability to think rationally. That's one of the reasons that no one is supposed to have sex with them.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:06 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I've never had one myself nor am I a doctor, but my understanding is that abortion is at least equally about killing the fetus as it is about ending the woman's pregnancy, mainly because it's assumed that a terminated pregnancy would kill the fetus, so why not make the death merciful and swift?

But then there's the unavoidable issue of taking a life away.

What if the sole focus of an abortion was simply surgically removing the fetus from the woman's body in the way least damaging to the fetus, and then letting it live or die naturally as it will, feeding it and caring for it in a basic way, but not taking measures to prolong its life beyond that. There could be a designated fetal hospice in the hospital designed for such a purpose. Should any of the babies survive, they'll be given up for adoption.

That way, the abortion is merely an eviction. In most places, the ability of a tenant to survive on their own is not a factor in the legality of evicting them.

Obviously this would be as expensive as seven hells, but purely morally speaking, would this type of "abortion" be more acceptable to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who is going to pay for this fanciful idea? Christians sure wouldn't, and I don't blame them. You either have an abortion, or you don't. It's not any more complicated than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you can get Odanny and myself to agree what does that tell you?
It tells me that there were some good arguments in support of the T-4 program.

Sometimes serious moral issues are intertwined with serious practical issues making it impossible to do what is morally right without incurring various financial and social setbacks.

To discover that one is pregnant from a casual sexual encounter (perhaps a one-night stand or extramarital affair) forces the question of abortion on a person that would really rather not have to even think about something like that, but it can't be avoided.

Abortion, apart from the nominal cost of the procedure, solves all of an unplanned pregnancy's practical issues at once.

In fact, there isn't even a legal requirement to notify the father (or anyone else) before or after the procedure, so no one will know unless you want them to know.

In a way, abortion is like a time machine that undoes what you did to put yourself in a situation that you want no part of.

To deliver a child that survives the abortion procedure doesn't provide all the benefits that abortion traditionally delivers on.

Sure, you won't be pregnant any longer, but the child that was unintentionally conceived will live on as a constant reminder to all that you not only made a careless mistake but that you also refused to take responsibility for it.

Worse still, you won't be able to rationalize that you did what was best for the child because what would have been best for the child would have been a full-term delivery.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:

But people who want abortion banned don't give a damn about women who get illegal abortions. They pretty strongly think such women deserve to get whatever bad may happen to them, including getting up to life in prison. I suggest they should rethink their position on that.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
My objection to abortion came after several semesters of anatomy and physiology type courses. As I learned more and more about prenatal development and prenatal neuro development, I changed my mind about abortion being acceptable.

That is the basis of my objection to the OPs solution.

Inhumane.
Lots of people who want a law passed to ban abortion also want a law passed to ban the type of contraceptives, which prevent the fertilized egg from being implanted in the uterus. Do you also support passage of such a law?

Old 04-07-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Only time I am pro-abortion is during cases of rape, especially those of incest, or if the only way to save the mom-to-be's body was to abort the baby. Now, it is the mom's choice whether or not she wants the baby even after being told all the dangers she could have delivering or deformities of what the baby could have post-delivery.
What personal business is it of yours to be pro or anti-abortion, unless you are the father or mother of the unborn baby? What, if any, rights does the father have to his baby when he wants to keep it, while the mother doesn't? That question is worthy for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies