Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 01:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Last I checked, you only have to be 18 to buy tobacco
Most states yes, but some highly liberal states like California, Hawaii, and likely New York soon have raised. And even Virginia, which is not that liberal (too many RINOs).

My question for the liberals and RINOs who support things like this, why is a 20 year old old enough to be incarcerated as an adult, but not buy tobacco/smoking paraphenelia? It makes no sense to me, if you're old enough to be treated like an adult by the legal system, you should have adult privileges (which most liberal and some conservative politicians do not seem to be in favor of).

To be fair, most liberals I know personally and definitely most conservatives do not support the smoking or drinking age being higher than 18. But with politicians, it is a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabaman View Post
I mean, if I didn't know better, I'd almost start to think the topic is a bit more complicated than your incredibly simplistic straw man argument here.

Just out of curiosity, are "youth rights" covered under some other section of the Constitution? I thought there was just one set of rights for everyone. Is smoking tobacco a right? What about pot?
To me, these type of things should be a right once you're old enough to be considered an adult by the legal system.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They keep on referring to an incident where one person died, but think nothing of 3000 deaths on 911, 50 deaths at a nightclub in Florida, and many more at Fort Hood, San Bernardino, and the Boston Marathon, because they were members of their pet Religian
That's pure crazy BS you're spouting

Old 04-05-2019, 01:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Why do conservatives think 18 years old is old enough to die in a war but not drink a beer?

Old 04-05-2019, 02:08 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Tobacco cost non-tobacco users Trillions in healthcare cost, taxes, ect.
Hormones don't and are safely and effectively used every day without additional cost extending to every other US citizen via tax and insurance premium increases.

But answering the question on its face is not what your looking for I am guessing?

Old 04-05-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Why do conservatives think 18 years old is old enough to die in a war but not drink a beer?
Conservatives are more likely to be in favor of the drinking age being 18 than liberals, I have to imagine.

Ronald Reagan may have been the president to raise the drinking age, but he was a family values Neocon kind of conservative.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:15 PM

1,199 posts, read 725,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I don't think it's business necessarily, I feel like it's more like some holier than thou BS from soccer mom liberals. I hope Generation Z wakes up and demands rights from liberal politicians.
Some of the hormones are available without a prescription in many other countries, where traps are more common than in the US, so kids with those interests find them in high school. The hormones are marketed toward old people who think it makes them younger. For example the Cenegenics program.

Someone who starts in high school can take these hormones so that the right puberty will happen, and not the wrong one. Then afterward they get their unit removed, and don't take hormones any more.

If someone changes their sex as an adult, its harder to go to all parts of the city without meeting with aggression because they may have an androgynous look. Some homophobic guys are seriously freaked out by traps because they feel they might be coerced into having gay sex.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:30 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Some of the hormones are available without a prescription in many other countries, where traps are more common than in the US, so kids with those interests find them in high school. The hormones are marketed toward old people who think it makes them younger. For example the Cenegenics program.

Someone who starts in high school can take these hormones so that the right puberty will happen, and not the wrong one. Then afterward they get their unit removed, and don't take hormones any more.

If someone changes their sex as an adult, its harder to go to all parts of the city without meeting with aggression because they may have an androgynous look. Some homophobic guys are seriously freaked out by traps because they feel they might be coerced into having gay sex.
Traps and units, oh my.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:52 PM

1,199 posts, read 725,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Traps and units, oh my.
I meant shlong

Old 04-05-2019, 02:56 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post

And with the universal health care liberals want, the state is going to foot the bill to transition their kids because they're convinced that a kid actually knows what ****ing gender they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies