Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 10:16 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,497,536 times

Advertisements

Ahh, another Trump supporter shows her true self and gets her butt fired. Karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 10:17 AM

62,789 posts, read 28,995,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
You have to love the irony of a white person completely losing it when they heard Spanish in a city named San Jose.
It's still an American city as we never became a Spanish dominant country. At any rate, every time I hear about these incidents all I can surmise is that many people attribute hearing Spanish being spoken so often as directly being related to the huge number of illegal alien Spanish speakers in our country and I'm sure San Jose has their fair share of them. Not saying that all native Spanish speakers are here illegally but it also goes to show the non-assimilation factor that is alive and well to. You have to look at the other side of the issue to.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:31 AM

13,562 posts, read 10,326,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's still an American city as we never became a Spanish dominant country. At any rate, every time I hear about these incidents all I can surmise is that many people attribute hearing Spanish being spoken so often as directly being related to the huge number of illegal alien Spanish speakers in our country and I'm sure San Jose has their fair share of them. Not saying that all native Spanish speakers are here illegally but it also goes to show the non-assimilation factor that is alive and well to. You have to look at the other side of the issue to.
I figured you'd chime in, Oldglory.

Spanish speaking people have been here long before your ancestors were. In any case, I hope you exercise discretion and don't do like that woman in the gas station, though I'd suspect you'd love to act out your baser prejudices if you could.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:35 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,419,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Ahh, another Trump supporter shows her true self and gets her butt fired. Karma.
Did the story say who she voted for? If you think this kind of behavior is only found among "Trump supporters," then you are woefully misinformed.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 6 days ago)

27,564 posts, read 16,045,235 times
Deport the skunk

Old 04-05-2019, 10:47 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,097,458 times
People like her should move to Estonia or Switzerland. There are hardly any people of color in those countries. They would love it.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:51 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,868,038 times
The customer did a pretty good job of defending herself against the employee she needs to get fired.

Here is a new flash for some of you. There are people who can speak English fluently but occasionally do speak other languages while out in public. In addition to speaking English I can speak two other languages and do speak one of them occasionally out in public with family. The other thing I've noticed is that most of these people demanding English to be spoken in their presence sound really ignorant and trashy to be honest this woman in particular. You would think that if these fools love English as much as they claim they would have at least put the slightest effort into sounding somewhat intelligent.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,535,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And it is not a law that English must be spoken in America. What a great country we live in! And looks to me that she assimilated as she is speaking English. If someone has such a reaction to hearing Spanish, that is someone who is unhinged.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:12 PM

30,233 posts, read 23,670,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good.

Unhinged people like that deserve to get fired, has absolutely zero to do with 'freedom of speech' or other nonsense excuse of this type of behavior.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...g-13736719.php

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05jcI7K8bpM
How is that "racist"? Asking someone to stop speaking another language is not "racist".

Old 04-05-2019, 12:14 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,535,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The customer did a pretty good job of defending herself against the employee she needs to get fired.

Here is a new flash for some of you. There are people who can speak English fluently but occasionally do speak other languages while out in public. In addition to speaking English I can speak two other languages and do speak one of them occasionally out in public with family. The other thing I've noticed is that most of these people demanding English to be spoken in their presence sound really ignorant and trashy to be honest this woman in particular. You would think that if these fools love English as much as they claim they would have at least put the slightest effort into sounding somewhat intelligent.
Yep, they do look & sound totally ignorant, dim witted, just all out stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies