Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 06:47 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
did I comment on the senate?? I was responding to the first few posts..... I could care less what the senate thinks

so why dont you answer the question...do you have something against a qualified black man... or are you just a racist
You do realize the Senate has to confirm candidates for this position? So caring about the senate is probably more productive than our daily back and forths on this forum.

We also won't know how many actually supported/opposed Cain. With Manchin and 4 Rs already saying no, the other 49 Republican Senators will not have to go on record. I suspect Collins, McSally, and possibly Tillis wanted this pulled as well- it would have been a doozy as Cain blabbered on about past proposals that even conservative economists said were crap and the sexual harassment/settlement claims blew up again. Those folks are facing tough elections and this was not a candidate/achievement I see them willing to go down with the ship to support like a Supreme Court Seat or ACA.

I am assuming you are supporting Booker for president since he is a qualified black man and you are not racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 07:16 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump keeping with his theme of hiring unqualified people for positions and now we have Herman Cain, is there a shortage of economists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/04/b...l-reserve.html

According to the dems playbook, you attacked a black man therefor you are racist!

"is there a shortage of economists."

Most economist's have NO experience in the real world only theory.

"hiring unqualified people for positions"

"Cain grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. Cain pursued graduate studies at Purdue University and graduated with a Master of Science in Computer Science in 1971, while also working full-time for the U.S. Department of the Navy. In 1977, he joined the Pillsbury Company in Minneapolis where he later became vice president. During the 1980s, his success as a business executive at Burger King prompted Pillsbury to appoint him as chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, in which capacity he served from 1986 to 1996."

"hiring unqualified people for positions"

Yep "unqualified!

Cain served as chairman of the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from January 1, 1989, to December 31, 1991.[10] He became a member of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992.[10] He served as deputy chairman from January 1, 1992, to December 31, 1994, and then as its chairman until August 19, 1996,[10] when he resigned to become active in national politics.

Some on the left are completely bat crazy and the most hypocritical people on the planet.

On one hand they proclaim how important and super intelligent higher educated people are, then when a HIGHLY EDUCATED repub comes along WITH all all those diplomas they are "unqualified".

Not to mention so many dems pick people from academia with no, or very little real world experience for cabinet positions. Then a repub with LOST of "real world " experience who VERY successful in business's, he is "unqualified".

You can't make this garbage up!

What are YOUR qualifications to make such a claim?

So, being YOU made the claim that he NOT qualified, PROVE IT!

As they say, "put up or SHUT UP"!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 04-12-2019 at 07:26 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
I think Herman Cain would feel more at home groping white women like he did in the past.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:29 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
According to the dems playbook, you attacked a black man therefor you are racist!

"!
I simply claimed he was unqualified and the fact that he served on the KC reserve board over 20 years ago doesn't make a case. Someone so astute at economics should have better theories than 9-9-9, lowering interest rates or going back to the gold standard. I am not alone in my criticism, its bipartisan.
His choice of commentator Steven Moore is also a poor choice. Neither will get confirmed, Trump just wants some board members to back lowering interest rates as if he is some sort of economic genius,

The fed is independent but as usual Trump wants to control everything. There must be a Fox News host somewhere or one of his children that he could nominate, how about Lou Dobbs.

Quote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday lambasted President Donald Trump's latest Federal Reserve picks, saying Herman Cain and Stephen Moore are "ill-suited," "unqualified," and the "worst" appointments the President could make
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/polit...rve/index.html

Old 04-12-2019, 08:45 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Trump seeks to appoint political "yes" men, regardless of their qualifications. This is unprecedented stupidity from the executive branch.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:49 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I

The fed is independent but as usual Trump wants to control everything. There must be a Fox News host somewhere or one of his children that he could nominate, how about Lou Dobbs.

and that the "fed is independent" is a major part of the problem

Bernie said audit the fed...then got bought out
his Co-Senator Leahy also said audit the fed...then dropped it
ron paul said audit the fed... got no-where

Old 04-13-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I think Herman Cain would feel more at home groping white women like he did in the past.

The left didn't mind Bill Clinton. Just saying.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Trump seeks to appoint political "yes" men, regardless of their qualifications. This is unprecedented stupidity from the executive branch.
And Obama and Clinton DIDN'T?

We see it every day on here. The things the dems did NOT care about when they were in control, all of a sudden they care about NOW.

Biggest hypocrites in the world!

Old 04-13-2019, 07:00 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
New York Times. hahahaha

Have they ever said anything positive or truthful about Trump?

It's the President's prerogative to appoint anyone he wants.

Trump found another YES man with money. His women groping activities is just extra.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:02 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Pubs are starting to say "nein, nein, nein" to Cain. Herman is DOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies