Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 05:01 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times

Advertisements

Shameful.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top...hift-on-Israel.

Quote:
Several Democratic presidential candidates are declining invitations to a key pro-Israel policy group's conference next week, an annual meeting that has usually been a must-attend meeting for members of both parties, in what some see as a further sign of the party's growing disdain for the Jewish state.
Sens. Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, former Rep. Beto O’Rourke and many others have said they won’t be attending the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's annual Policy (AIPAC) conference....
President Barack Obama attended AIPAC every year of his presidency. But there has been growing support in the Democratic party for the anti-Semitic BDS movement.

But many of these same contenders are lining up to kiss the ring of Rev. Al Sharpton, who once stated at a public rally, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sha...r-his-approval

Quote:
The Rev. Al Sharpton has emerged as a kingmaker in the crowded 2020 Democratic field...All of the top Democratic contenders were in New York City this week, attending Sharpton's National Action Network convention...
Among the attendees: former U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke; South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg; and U.S. Sens. Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand and Amy Klobuchar.
I just can't handle this. I can no longer associate with a party that plays footsie with anti-Semitism. Maybe Howard Shultz, much to my chagrin, will be my only option in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 05:09 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Of course, Sharpton has been romanticized by the left wing media. He is a racist, antisemite of the highest type.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:11 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Shameful.

President Barack Obama attended AIPAC every year of his presidency. But there has been growing support in the Democratic party for the anti-Semitic BDS movement.

But many of these same contenders are lining up to kiss the ring of Rev. Al Sharpton, who once stated at a public rally, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

I just can't handle this. I can no longer associate with a party that plays footsie with anti-Semitism. Maybe Howard Shultz, much to my chagrin, will be my only option in 2020.
Agree. It is absolutely reprehensible that Democrats proudly snub AIPAC, barely deigning to give an excuse, while kissing up to another yet anti-Semitic POC. (We already know how the Dems welcomed Farrakhan to the Congressional Black Caucus meeting.)

Old 04-07-2019, 05:11 PM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Of course, Sharpton has been romanticized by the left wing media. He is a racist, antisemite of the highest type.
The re-emergence of Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to extort companies and politicians is disturbing. Sharpton made all of them commit to voting in favor of reparations.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The re-emergence of Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to extort companies and politicians is disturbing. Sharpton made all of them commit to voting in favor of reparations.
Jackson once referred to NYC as "Hymie-town." In the 1980s. I guess the antisemitism among SOME Democrats isn't all that new, after all.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:28 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:
Shameful.

...what a whine bag...

Old 04-07-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...what a whine bag...
Agreed, it is just not right that people like Sharpton try to scapegoat others.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Good for them. It's disgusting our political candidates have to pledge allegiance to another nation. Totally absurd.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Good for them. It's disgusting our political candidates have to pledge allegiance to another nation. Totally absurd.
But ok by you that they have to pledge allegiance to anti-Semite Al Sharpton?

Old 04-07-2019, 06:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
But ok by you that they have to pledge allegiance to anti-Semite Al Sharpton?
Why should they pledge allegiance to either? Why is it always an either or equation ?
AIPAC has far far too much influence over our elected reps. Sharpton is a racist wind bag that only appeals to extremists and whites who feel too much societal guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies