Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 PM

89 posts, read 74,659 times

Advertisements

Are you assuming that all women are shorter, smaller than all men in the entire world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,239,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I have no trouble with voice recognition technology; it always understands me, and my phone understands when it's my voice.

Chilly public spaces often are demanded by women in their late 40's, early 50's.

I will say this. Technology is created by the young, for the young.

For this reason, if you try to expand the map on your iPhone, the streets themselves get bigger and bigger, but the street names remain the same small font. Because young people have no trouble seeing the small letters, where older people are trying to expand the map to read the words but they never get bigger.

So I ask you. How big does the designer of that software think the streets need to be? Because yeah, I think we all get it. That line is a street. But what's the name of it?
That's already been fixed ages ago. Go into your phone settings under accessibility and increase the font size. Your font size in map apps like Google maps will be larger.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy_milford View Post
Are you assuming that all women are shorter, smaller than all men in the entire world?

*sigh* Some people will say anything in an effort to conveniently miss the point. Fact: Most women are shorter than most men.

But you already knew that.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
My experience is the opposite. Our office of 600 on 3 floors is always kept at 70, 365 days/ year. Both women and men complain of being cold in winter, and the men complain of being hot in summer. I (male) find our company phones to be too small. As for cars, I suppose a good percentage of women would find a full size pickup to be big, but that’s why they have power seats, power pedal adjustment and adjustable steering wheels. My wife has no trouble doing my F150. If anything I find the typical and popular CUV such as Escape/Forester/RAV4 to be too small and cramped.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ans-world.html

I don't get this, are companies really supposed to spend millions in R&D and millions more just to make seperate male and female versions of different phones, cars, bookshelfs etc.?

On the other hand, I often wonder how men manage to use the small keyboards on mobile phones. I'm a woman, and it's a challenge to keep my thumb on only one letter.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:29 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Have you ever shared a single bathroom with six sisters and managed to grow up without your bladder exploding?

Yes, I have...barely.
Growing up with sisters can include perks.

One of my best friends from high school had two sisters, and both were hot.

Both had a number of hot friends who wanted to date my friend .

Old 04-05-2019, 07:29 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Vive la difference!
My b/ is 6’2” and I am 5’2”...He does the heavy lifting and gets stuff off the top shelf. I do the lighter lifting and take care of the lower things. We have a symbiotic relationship. We compliment each other!
I like to wait until we’re in the car with him behind the wheel to push the button in my remote that brings the gas and brake pedal up and moves the drivers seat fully forward and up.... it squashes him like a bug! 😂

Old 04-05-2019, 08:25 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ans-world.html

I don't get this, are companies really supposed to spend millions in R&D and millions more just to make seperate male and female versions of different phones, cars, bookshelfs etc.?
One of the reasons I retired was offices roasting hot and no place is designed for my height really and few cars can comfortably accommodate me....but I don't whine, I just dealt with it.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:30 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Identify as a man before you get into the car and switch back to female when you get out. Problem solved.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:31 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Im a female and I like big......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies