Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 06:40 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

The Congressional Dems should be suing themselves. They're the ones who gave the president the power to declare emergencies and move already appropriated funding to deal with them such as Trump is doing. The bill, itself, was sponsored by a Dem. Don't like it? Shouldn't have sponsored and passed the National Emergencies Act.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:10 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
House Democrats are suing the President for using the authority they themselves granted to the Chief Executive in the National Emergencies Act? Frankly...they'd have better luck suing themselves for abject stupidity.

Any judge with the requisite level of sobriety would look at the legislation, compare it to the actions taken by the White House, and ask the plaintiffs, "What...are you clowns serious? You told him he could do this in the National Emergencies Act...right here in black and white. It couldn't be more clear.

"If, after 50 years, you think you've made a mistake, it's up to you to fix it by amending the statute. I am not going to do it for you, and I'm surprised that you would even think I would. This is your problem, Congressional Democrats...not mine."
They are suing because Trump is attempting to misuse the National Emergencies Act on something that is clearly not an emergency, in order to get his way. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:50 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's up to the courts, right? This is how you address Constitutional issues, correct?
That's how they did it for Obamacare. Did you forget already?

Old 04-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They are suing because Trump is attempting to misuse the National Emergencies Act on something that is clearly not an emergency, in order to get his way. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.
Yeah, except it is not cut and dried. There is a crisis at the border whether you agree or not.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
They just want a better life. They are not committing terrorist attacks or committing mass shooting...they are doing the jobs most Americans don't want to do.
Then follow the law to become a citizen. Can I rob a bank to get more money because I want a better life? Sheesh.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:57 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
So the guy Is trying to stop the invading foreigners? And dems are fighting it? Ok
let him go take back the trillions in tax dollars he gave to his rich friends Christmas 2016.
THAT was his 1ST ACT as President.

Sticking his fat fingers in our piggy bank to line he and his friends pockets was his priority.
Not protecting our borders.

His LAST gasp as President while campaigning for re election is to fuss about the border.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:23 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Yeah, except it is not cut and dried. There is a crisis at the border whether you agree or not.
There is no national emergency. If there was, Trump would have dealt with it when he still had both Houses of Congress. He would not have declared a national emergency and then gone off to blithely play golf at Mar-A-Lago.

This is a manufactured political "emergency" that suddenly came into being the minute the Democrats took over the House and refused to pay for his vanity wall. We aren't all as stupid as Trump supporters. Some of us are capable of putting these things together and coming to the rational conclusion.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:57 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bet you said that about Obama also when he wrote all those illegal EO's that were overturned by SCOTUS and even the DACA EO. He had a pen and phone. Remember?

Were you offended by Obama also ? No.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Bush wrote lots of EOs. So many, in fact, that he was called an "Imperial President" by many in the press. Obama did it, too, and had a few of them knocked down by the courts. Trump has also issued many EOs, and has had some of them reversed by the courts. EVERY president in recent decades has had to govern using EOs because the congress is often deadlocked and frozen. Its a fact, whether we agree with the EOs or not. Personally, I liked many of the EOs that Obama wrote. I have disliked almost all that Trump has written. That does not make me a hypocrite. It just means that I have opinions.

Both sides seem to call each other "hypocrites" just because they don't agree.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
There is a crisis at the border like it or not and Trump is trying to do something about it and he is the bad guy and the Dems are suing him.

If they gave him the money in the first place when he asked for it he wouldn't have to be trying to get it by other means.

Maybe he should ask Putin for a loan to build the wall... ?

It is all political and the Dems are playing with peoples lives on both sides of the border. I can hear it now come 2020. The Democrat candidate will be debating Trump and he/she will be accusing him of not doing enough to stop the illegal immigration problem.. BIG UGH.

SO what would the Dems have Trump do? Do they really want him to stop trying? They don't want him to close the border since that would be a crisis. They claim to not want Open Borders and they are fighting him on the middle actions he is trying to take.

If I was Trump I would throw my hands in the air and say "Sorry America I tried and Good Luck". Trump can return to his private life and live out his days behind guarded gates but what are the rest of us to do?

Old 04-07-2019, 05:16 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Democrats brazenly assault the Constitution all the time. They should be celebrating Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies