Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:44 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right[2][3] news and opinion website. It has been described as a fake news website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 11:50 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I tried to find an article about this but it's only available on really loony far right sources that paint Muslims as evil. And no one ever said that the father was even religious. Religion may not have even entered into it but the looney right wing media made it about religion.

They guy didn't think his kids should be in foster care so he kidnapped them and ran off. Left his wife who is suffering with mental illness. So is he on welfare now in Poland or what? Not enough information provided and this article seeks to advance an agenda about the mean ol' government.

(I had people who lived in back of me who should have had their kids taken away. Never happened and now the kids are drug dealers. Sometimes the social workers are actually correct in removing the kids from a bad home.)

Old 04-07-2019, 12:14 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
It's like some of you have no idea how to use the internet:

https://translate.google.com/transla...l%7Cen&ie=UTF8

The link was available in that Gateway Pundit article.
Quote:
During the inspection of foreigners at Okecie airport, the Border Guard discovered that three girls who had come to Poland together with their father were considered missing by the Swedes. It turned out that Denis Lisov took his daughters from Sweden because they went to a Muslim foster family, and he could see them only for six hours a week. The Polish court decided that the children could stay with their father.

District court for the capital city of Warsaw obliged the man not to leave the territory of Poland until the issue of granting refugee status was resolved. Denis Lisov also received the supervision of a probation officer. The family will live in the flat they rent.

- The court can not issue minor children outside the territory of the Republic of Poland, where they entered under the care of their father. After hearing the minors and in the absence of a document confirming limitation of the rights of the father, the court decided that, bearing in mind the broadly-understood good of minors, they should be left under the care of their father - argued judge Żaneta Seliga-Kaczmarek.

- Children are very much connected to my dad. Talking to me, they indicated that they want to be with my dad, love dad and do not want to part with him - she added.

"They are very happy that we are together"

- I was out of town and I received a message that children were taken away from me (...). The service did not want to tell me where the children are - said Denis Lisov on Wednesday, what it was like to put his daughters in a foster family.

- Smaller girls did not realize. The oldest said that it was hard to get used to the relationship in this family. I learned that it was very difficult during her time when she had to follow her instructor's instructions when she got ill, when she had any problems (...) It was difficult for her to get used to the discipline that ruled in this family. Now girls feel better. They all are very happy that we are together - he reported in court.

Lisov also said that before being placed in a foster family, the children did not talk to any psychologist or expert, and the court's decision "just fell." The man was allowed to see his daughters once a week for 6 hours. - When I left, there was a lot of crying. They did not want to part with me - said Lisov.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:09 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times
Canada has done the same with placing indigenous children into white families to "assimilate" them.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:18 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Exactly... was the family pushing their religion on to the children? If they are fit to care for the kids... I don’t see the issue.

This....... to a degree.

I think it is an alarmist article because the foster family is muslim. No commentary on religion being pushed on the kids.

Bigger problem I see is a family being separated because a nanny state decides what is "best". Money problems? Perhaps, but the kids love the father, and he clearly wants his kids. No evidence of negelect or abuse.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:15 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What's the real story about why his children were taken away?

Not sure why the religion of the foster family taking care of the children because the father has not demonstrated the ability to safely and adequately care for them himself has anything to do with the story.
Would be strange as these children are naturally of a non-Muslim ethnicity and shouldn't be raised Muslim. That will just cause confusion for them growing up and in life. If they are mature and choose to become Muslim that's a different issue. But I do think the kids should be raised in the natural religion of their ethnicity.

These kids are not Arab Muslim and shouldn't be raised as Arab Muslim speaking Arabic, going to a madrasa, wearing the veil, etc.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:26 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Would be strange as these children are naturally of a non-Muslim ethnicity and shouldn't be raised Muslim. That will just cause confusion for them growing up and in life. If they are mature and choose to become Muslim that's a different issue. But I do think the kids should be raised in the natural religion of their ethnicity.

These kids are not Arab Muslim and shouldn't be raised as Arab Muslim speaking Arabic, going to a madrasa, wearing the veil, etc.
I missed the part where they said the children would be raised as "Arab Muslim speaking Arabic, going to a madrasa, wearing the veil, etc." in Sweden. Can you point that out?

If the conditions with her dad were bad (as in he really didn't have the means to raise the children or had other issues), then the kids were better off with a family that had the resources and stability.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:39 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,039 times
Wait wait wait. I thought Sweden was the golden country for how social safety nets improve life. This is not sarcasm- I thought this was the country that takes care of its citizens when they fall on hard times. Shouldn’t this family have had these safety nets in place?

I would be horrified if a family was split up here in the US just because of a job loss. I cannot believe it happens in Sweden. This is more shocking to me than the placement of the children into a Muslim household.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:47 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
Wait wait wait. I thought Sweden was the golden country for how social safety nets improve life. This is not sarcasm- I thought this was the country that takes care of its citizens when they fall on hard times. Shouldn’t this family have had these safety nets in place?

I would be horrified if a family was split up here in the US just because of a job loss. I cannot believe it happens in Sweden. This is more shocking to me than the placement of the children into a Muslim household.
Splitting up families is horrible and should be avoided if possible. I'm hoping that Sweden doesn't split up families without exhausting all other options first. We did that here in the U.S. and it was horrible.

Unfortunately, the article leaves out key details so we can't really make a proper assessment. Was the father capable of taking care of his children? Economically, mentally, and in regards to stability? The article simply says he didn't have a job... but not much details.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:02 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
I would be horrified if a family was split up here in the US just because of a job loss. I cannot believe it happens in Sweden.
Yeah, it's almost like there's probably more to the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies