Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?
Yes, this is far left and extremism 114 42.07%
No, healthcare should be a right, not a privilege 157 57.93%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 07:50 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Private roads. Private schools.
And if you want a road in front of your house and none of your neighbors want to build a road in front of theirs, what then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 07:51 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Of course you do, you're a collectivist and you'll happily (and violently) force everyone into your scheme.
What I have no problem with is having choices in a free marketand voluntary agreements between principles i.e. no men with guns extracting payment for a service not used.
What ARE you talking about? Can you actually address the questions posed? Maybe you don't like to answer them? I will ask again - are you happy paying for the fire brigade to tend to 'other' people? Or if you like are you happy paying for teachers to teach 'other' peoples kids?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Yet billions of people live without constant medical care.
Medical care goods are services are products purchased to satisfy your wants and desires. There is nothing necessary about them.
A Porsche is a product purchased to satisfy wants and desires - same as medical care.
Probably not the best analogy, unless you know of someone who died because they couldn't buy a Porsche

Old 04-08-2019, 07:52 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And if you want a road in front of your house and none of your neighbors want to build a road in front of theirs, what then?
So you'd build a house with no possibilty of a road to it? How would that happen?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:53 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Healthcare is pretty much a Right right now and it extends to citizens, tourists and illegal aliens alike. It is called the Emergency Room. The only thing is once they patch you up it is all about how you are going to pay for it but this thread is about healthcare not health insurance.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
So you'd build a house with no possibilty of a road to it? How would that happen?
Seems that in your version of society that's the only way you could get one, doesn't it?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What ARE you talking about? Can you actually address the questions posed? Maybe you don't like to answer them? I will ask again - are you happy paying for the fire brigade to tend to 'other' people? Or if you like are you happy paying for teachers to teach 'other' peoples kids?
I think fire services, education, etc, should be private and funded by the end user. Same thing I said before, but maybe you'll understand better said this way.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,645,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Some people never go to a doctor/NP, etc. and eventually die peacefully while sleeping.
My mom is currently will be 92 on May 1. A life-long RN in a county hospital medical/surgical unit, her view is much of the time people get well despite their medical care.

Aside from childbirth and cataract surgery, she's seen a doctor maybe 5 times in her entire life. She's never had a mammogram or colonoscopy. She shakes her head at seniors who schedule their life around thrice-weekly doctors visits that do little except provide for the mortgage payments of the practice's employees.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:56 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
I think fire services, education, etc, should be private and funded by the end user. Same thing I said before, but maybe you'll understand better said this way.
Let me get this straight - you think people should only pay for the fire brigade when they need a fire putting out?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Seems that in your version of society that's the only way you could get one, doesn't it?
People voluntarily cooperating? It goes on all the time and every minute of the day, why would the creation roads be exempt from such cooperation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies