Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?
Yes, this is far left and extremism 114 42.07%
No, healthcare should be a right, not a privilege 157 57.93%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 09:20 AM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
How unfortunate that you posted this just after post 329! (by the way you still haven't answered my question).
Yes, I did. And you responded to it. Inadequately, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. its neither a left or a right position
2. EVERYONE already has access to health CARE...going to the doctor is as easy as opening up the yellow pages... so yes it is a right, which everyone has access to
3. you have the right to pay for the service you receive and also have the right to negotiate the payment schedule
4. you DO NOT have the right to expect someone else to pay YOUR bill
There is no guaranteed access to healthcare. Most doctors won't treat an uninsured patient unless they are cash pay. There is no first world country other than the US that allows people to die if they can't afford medical treatment. PS try to negotiate payment with the ER while you are bleeding to death

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some people actually DO get slammed with 5-6 figure tax bills... Each. Year.
Taxes aren't bills.

A bill lists how much you owe for goods and services you used/bought/made use of, where a tax demand from the government is a forced claim on your labor under threat of violence.

Calling a tax demand a bill is like being robbed and calling all the stuff that was stolen "goods donated to unofficial charities."

Old 04-08-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Would that be your answer to my question (see post 282).
Yes. User fees.

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I am skeptical of any positive right when it interferes with the passive rights of another.
This right here.

I think the issue is far more complicated than "right or not"

I do believe that the concept of positive rights is dangerous. rights should focus on what government cannot do instead of what it can.

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Quote:
Yes, I did. And you responded to it. Inadequately, of course.
You did!!? You will have to remind me was your answer 1) Yes you are better off with the NHS or 2) No you would be better off in the US paying for all of the care your Mrs needs?

Old 04-08-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm one of them.

And it bothers me that for all the money the government likes to siphon from me, it isn't being used to actually help regular citizens much. Instead, it's used to fund things like war and locking people up.
Well, it IS being used to pay for the food, clothing, housing, and medical care of the 100,000 illegal aliens being dumped into our country's communities each month before they get their asylum hearing (which could be an 8 year wait) which, if asylum is granted (true in only 10% of cases), would allow them to work in order to support themselves. Who did you think was paying for all that?

Illegal aliens have priority over US citizens, by law. Ask Dems and the 9th Circuit Court why that is.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:27 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Do you also complain about the bloated military and corrupt mass incarceration stealing your tax dollars as well? Or do you only complain about government programs that actually help regular people?
Swear to G-d, you people cannot read or apparently accept it when someone uses words like ALL or EVERYTHING.

From posts in this very thread, by me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
It is one of many things that government and a vast number of people would like to add to the growing list of forced/violent claims on the labor of others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I want all forced/violent claims on the labor of others done away with entirely (it's that whole "logical consistency" thing us anarchists are famous for), and I find the immorality of forcing people to labor against their will for a thing greater than any possible immorality of that thing not being done at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
WHATEVER the public service is (seriously, every single specific item you come up with will fall under the "WHATEVER" category), it exists as part of a forced labor/redistribution scheme, with taxpayers as forced laborers. How useful or important you feel that service may be is completely irrelevant to the fact that all public services are forcible, violent claims on the labor of others. Period, the end.
So yes, in answer to your question, I also complain about the bloated military and corrupt mass incarceration stealing your tax dollars as well.

All of it is based on an immoral system taking under threat of violence. Every...single...thing....government does. I cannot possibly make it any more consistent or clear.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:34 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Crook County, IL Sound familiar? It should. It's the highly corrupt county in which the DA inexplicably dropped Jussie Smollet's 16 felony charges for faking a hate crime.
I can't find anything about any area in Cook County where residents are required to make co-pays for police or fire service. It appears that a few of them have replaced public sector fire employees with private companies providing these services, but that's not unique and does not require residents to make payments when they need the services. What happens if a resident can't make their co-pay, does their house burn down, does the ambulance head back to the station, does the cop let the bad guy go free? What you are saying just doesn't make sense and I'm not sure it's legal

Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
You pay for a lot of Constitutional rights provided by the government via taxpayers. So your statement is false.
the constitution doesn't provide rights, it places restrictions on the national government and it is written to address it, not us. Funny a lawyer wouldn't know that.

Thus far yellowed pieces of paper have proven an ineffective defense to tyranny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies