Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 07:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Well, Trump is letting people out of prison that Clinton put in, to stay on point with that Crime bill I can't believe blacks forgive. She didn't even APOLOGIZE. Even when it came up the last go around when she was trying to be President. Not for that and not for the super-predator remark.
Ill take your post seriously when you call out all the Republicans who supported that bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 07:25 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Who here knows a black person voting for Trump?
I don't.
I don't. But I live in a Red state with a high Black population, so even if I did it wouldn't change anything.

The only states where African American support for Trump will count for anything is Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan and maybe a couple others. Doesn't count in Mississippi.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:28 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Since you are obviously an historian you must tell us the origin of the Bush mess. i.e, how exactly did Bush "create the mess" that Obama "cleaned up".
Next I am going to ask what Obama did to clean it up.
Ohh you want to be lead to the water and have me spoon feed it to you as well. No thanks.

Either you believe Presidents effect economies directly or not. You have to square that argument first then maintain that view through all Presidents.

Can’t say Trump fixed the economy but
Bush did not affect it
And Obama did not affect either.

Takes a clear line of logic or your BSing yourself.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Ill take your post seriously when you call out all the Republicans who supported that bill.
This topic isn't about "all Republicans". It's about support for Trump.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:31 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
They are duly called out. It was a travesty. I have no idea who they are to name them. They were not the President. They were not running to be President is why I call out Bill and Hillary. And why I don't understand how blacks can forgive her. And they forgive Byrd. Dems can do whatever racist crap they want and blacks will still vote for them. And they know it. But if a Republican says or does one tiny thing it is never forgiven or forgotten. No one can tell me anything dems have done for blacks to deserve this blind allegiance.

Again, I have no dog in this fight. You seem to believe I do by asking me to call out republicans. I am am by-stander trying to understand.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:32 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This topic isn't about "all Republicans". It's about support for Trump.

Really? That's like saying "Trump upcoming Senate trial isn't about all Republicans"

Old 01-18-2020, 07:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
New York Newsday has the details:

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/comm...ort-1.39184208

Black support for the first real president in 28 years is surging because, like the anti-globalist Reagan, he's the first president in modern times since Nixon, Kennedy, and Eisenhower to build up our country rather than attempt to destroy it.
Yup - conservative leaning polling showing better results than nonpconservative sites....wow.

What would be relevant is what those same sites showed in 2016 and what they show today.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:41 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Default 8 in 10 black voters say Trump is racist, new poll shows

Are they the 7% that support Trump?

Quote:
Washington (CNN)More than eight in 10 African Americans believe President Donald Trump is racist and that he has contributed to making racism a bigger problem in the United States, according to a new Washington Post-Ipsos poll.

The survey, released Friday, also finds that nine in 10 black Americans say they disapprove of Trump's job performance.

A majority, 58%, say Trump's actions as president are "very" bad for African Americans in the nation.

Sixty-five percent of the black Americans polled feel it's a "bad time" to be a black person in America. At the same time, 77% of black Americans responded that it's a "good time" to be a white person in America.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/polit...oll/index.html

Old 01-18-2020, 07:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Since you specifically asked, as President, I will not list his very long history of racist actions and quotes before becoming the POTUS, but ...
Here are some examples that illustrate that:

...By all means please do not take this as a comprehensive list...just a few off the top of my head.
since about half of them are fabricated, I didn't just straight quote your post.

But, in counterpoint ...

Anybody who follows the fact knows he said he condemns white supremacy and Antifa, and his "good people" are those who didn't want to erase Virginia history of Robert E Lee and other Confederate statues. If these "good people" were out there stating how blacks were inferior, the South should have won, blahblahblah ... that would be one thing. But in the same speech he mentioned "will we take everything down related to Jefferson, Washington?"

as to separating "brown people" at the border, I'm afraid you'll need to show us the white illegals at the Southern border who were welcomed in, while others in their group were detained. Or, even simpler, the non-brown illegals caught by CBP on the southern border who were welcomed in.

that's the 2 easiest ones.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:47 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Rasmussen is respected, but they are not the most accurate. I dont even think they make it into the top 15 of most accurate polls.
Try again - Rasmussen is rated above average, and Emerson is ranked as 2nd most accurate (the one that showed even higher approval). The poll you cited was NOT done by a polling agency so not ranked for accuracy and was not done properly so clearly not accurate results. The Rasmussen and Emerson polls are much more likely reflective of actual opinion, with black approval rating of Trump above 30%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies