Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But they arent duly called out , and that is my point.

In fact, it seems that things like the crime bill are only ever mentioned to attack Dems and never the Republicans who wrongly supported it as well.

If it is genuinely a reason to never vote for a Dem, then it should be equally used to say someone should never vote Republican, and yet most people who post lines like yours still vote a straight R ticket.

All that being said, im simply arguing from your preservative, I dont actually agree with you. I dont have a problem with the crime bill in and of itself. My problem is with enforcement, which is local, not federal.
I didn't say it should mean never voting for a dem. I was speaking about Hillary in particular only. I don't need to call out Republicans for the same thing. They were not candidates in the last election, and Hillary was, so that is why I am talking about her. YEs, it was a bi-artisan bill. I never said it was solely to blame on dems. I am saying Bill signed it and he and Hilary PUSHED for it but black people don't care. Boggles the mind.

To the bolded, just wow. I don't think you understand it very well! Or you are willing to lie to cover the Clintons.

This article is about how it's still affecting blacks today:

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...unities-color/

Quote:
Known as a “direct descendant of lynching,” the death penalty has always targeted and terrorized black and Latinx communities. The crime bill’s Federal Death Penalty Act permitted the use of the death penalty for 60 new federal offenses, including certain drug offences not related to a homicide. In the five years following the bill’s passage, 74 percent of defendants with death penalty recommendations from federal prosecutors were people of color. Notably, 44 percent were black and 21 percent were Hispanic.
Quote:
The crime bill also expanded the school-to-prison pipeline and increased racial disparities in juvenile justice involvement by creating draconian penalties for so-called super predators—low-income children of color, especially black children, who are convicted of multiple crimes. Among other things, the crime bill allowed prosecutors to charge 13-year-old children as adults for certain crimes. As a result, today, two-thirds of Americans who were sentenced to life in prison as juveniles are black. Juveniles of color also constitute a majority of cases that are transferred to adult criminal court, regardless of the offense category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 10:09 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
New York Newsday has the details:

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/comm...ort-1.39184208

Black support for the first real president in 28 years is surging because, like the anti-globalist Reagan, he's the first president in modern times since Nixon, Kennedy, and Eisenhower to build up our country rather than attempt to destroy it.
As a democrat, I would say Reagan is one of our greatest presidents...not that I agreed with him all the time. But he truly cared and had such a calming influence when our country was in crisis. He is at the top whereas Trump is on the bottom. Reagan appealed to most of us and that's why he won 49 out of 50 states. That was amazing. No one will ever top that especially not Trump. And most African Americans think Trump is a racist.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:11 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
New York Newsday has the details:

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/comm...ort-1.39184208

Black support for the first real president in 28 years is surging because, like the anti-globalist Reagan, he's the first president in modern times since Nixon, Kennedy, and Eisenhower to build up our country rather than attempt to destroy it.

Well, I guess we can dismiss the validity of those three polls.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not here to big-up the Democrats. My point was that for anyone who thinks Blacks should vote GOP, I can find plenty of reasons why many Blacks won't. Articles like what I posted are part of what many Blacks are talking about. Some people want to know why alot of Blacks see the GOP as racist. People like Trent Lott, Brian Kemp, George Allen, Frank Artiles, that is why.

This is the point. Conservative values aren't going to be enough when issues like voter suppression, police brutality and job discrimination are things you face more than other groups. Group identity will keep taking precendent until those issues are solved.
There is no voter suppression, job discrimination, police brutality that targets blacks. That's just you falsely playing the race card.

That you actually think blacks are at the same level in the work place as other races is laughable. As a group they are poorer, less educated, and commit a much, much higher rate of crime than any other race. Of course, as a group, they wont be hired compared to other groups. That's what happens to products of single parent families. Nothing to do with skin color.

It's the same reason, blacks are involved with police more often. They commit a much higher percentage of the crime. Instead of truthfully making it about police brutality, the lie makes it about race.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I didn't say it should mean never voting for a dem. I was speaking about Hillary in particular only. I don't need to call out Republicans for the same thing. They were not candidates in the last election, and Hillary was, so that is why I am talking about her. YEs, it was a bi-artisan bill. I never said it was solely to blame on dems. I am saying Bill signed it and he and Hilary PUSHED for it but black people don't care. Boggles the mind.

To the bolded, just wow. I don't think you understand it very well! Or you are willing to lie to cover the Clintons.
The bold is wrong. Those republicans absolutely were on the ballot. I can name the if you like.

The crime bill passed the senate 95-4. You can argue Bill wanted to sign it all you want, but it was veto proof when it landed on his desk.

You also cant argue that Hillary Lobbied for it while being fine with Trump surrounding himself with Republicans who supported it either as well as his history with the Central Park 5.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I didn't say the Democrats were doing that much. My question is to those who claim Blacks should support Republicans. Notice I never said I was pro-Democrat. The GOP hasn't shown to care about thoses issues either. Based on that, why should Blacks vote GOP?
Don't vote for the scumbag GOPers. I've been fighting those big government lowlife, lying pieces of filth for a long time. Vote for the candidate no matter what party. Policy over party. Granted you'd have to understand and defend rights first.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There is no voter suppression, job discrimination, police brutality that targets blacks. That's just you falsely playing the race card.

That you actually think blacks are at the same level in the work place as other races is laughable. As a group they are poorer, less educated, and commit a much, much higher rate of crime than any other race. Of course, as a group, they wont be hired. That's what happens to products of single parent families. Nothing to do with skin color.

It's the same reason, blacks are involved with police more often. They commit a much higher percentage of the crime. Instead of truthfully making it about police brutality, the lie makes it about race.
omfg what is wrong with you? smh. This is not a theory or a matter that is even up for debate, it as been conclusively proven that blacks experience police brutality on a larger scale than whites and no that is not due to them committing more crime.

About a year ago I think it was that a young black man was ASKED to show his ID, IDK even why, and when he reached for his wallet the cop shot him. Hello?

Every black parent has to have 'the talk' with their black children, especially boys, that they have to be extra careful. Cannot act like their white friends with cops. Even wealthy black families in great neighborhoods.

You are VERY uninformed. Very.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The bold is wrong. Those republicans absolutely were on the ballot. I can name the if you like.

The crime bill passed the senate 95-4. You can argue Bill wanted to sign it all you want, but it was veto proof when it landed on his desk.

You also cant argue that Hillary Lobbied for it while being fine with Trump surrounding himself with Republicans who supported it either as well as his history with the Central Park 5.
I guess it's find by you she pushed for it and called your youth super-predators as part of her strategy to gain support for it. /shrug. Trump is REVERSING some of the damage that legislation did. Again, you value words or who a person is around over action. Things that actually affect your lives. Crazy, but it's a free country.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I guess it's find by you she pushed for it and called your youth super-predators as part of her strategy to gain support for it. /shrug. Trump is REVERSING some of the damage that legislation did. Again, you value words or who a person is around over action. Things that actually affect your lives. Crazy, but it's a free country.
Pretty sure its been Dems pushing for Criminal justice reform, not Republicans. When Barack Obama tired to do it, Republicans claimed he was trying to put violent drug offenders back on the street. When Obama and Dems tried to reverse that legislation, you didnt care, now all of a sudden that Trump has gotten them on board, it s genius idea.

So answer me, why was it ok for Trump, not Obama ?

Old 01-18-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
And then the GOP went through the Lily-white movement of the late 19th/early 20th century, an anti-Black movement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily-white_movement
No they didn't. That's just making things up again because it fits your twisted agenda. A few people?

Quote:
Not in the South. The bigger correlation was regional. In the South, NO southern Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act. A higher percentage or northern Democrats supported the CRA than northern Republicans. And in the north, a majority of both parties supported it. In the South, only 5-7 percent of Democrats supported it.

In 1964, it wasn't D vs R, it was North vs South.
In America it's democrat vs republican. The dems controlled the Southern Congress until the early 1990s.

Quote:
And then Republican Barry Goldwater was against the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act. After that, Dr. King persuaded Black people not to vote for Goldwater.
Because he said it was the same reason to vote against Jim Crow. That you think blacks need a crutch to survive is on you.

Quote:
Unemployment has been dropping since 2011-2012. Trump only gets credit for what he did from 2017-now. Obama gets credit for 2011-2016. And Black Americans still have to deal with racial job discrimination more than other groups.
They only get credit when they do something to get government out of the way.

Quote:
So was Bush, Clinton, and Reagan. Trump wasn't interested in Blacks either. His "what do you have to lose" speech was basically a copout. And I have forgotten what he said about Obama.
"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"
Because he didn't have a positive impact. duh On top of that why would ANY Prssident be a positive impact. s if lying and failed policies is something to look up to.

Quote:
Or his really stupid comment in Redding, CA
"Look at my African-American over there". Blacks feel about the Democrats or Republicans? Or are you just telling yourself what YOU want to hear?
And? So?

Quote:
Neither party has shown to be very good for Blacks anymore.
And that's putting it lightly

Quote:
However, how many Blacks are you around on a daily basis? How many black people do you talk to regarding politics? Do you really know how alot of Blacks feel about the Democrats or Republicans? Or are you just telling yourself what YOU want to hear?
It's always about policy. Nothing else matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies