Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 10:39 AM

20,094 posts, read 8,995,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"It seems to most people paying attention that the Democrats are indeed opposed to border security."

Why do folks continue with this lie. Democrats are for border security. They are against building a wall because they believe it will not be effective. The two are not the same.
should the fencing around the White House be permanently removed? It's there because it deters people from walking up to the building.. how bout at Bill Gates home, or Mark Zuckerbergs? they must be idiots to believe it would deter people from entering their property. Why put fencing around their homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 11:02 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I have personally met 7 Black Americans that support Trump; 3 from the US and 4 from Africa. While I wouldn't call those numbers huge, it is 7 more than 0, and in some philisophical way, that's huge.
Actually it is not.....indicative of anything.

But I don't suppose I can explain it if you think otherwise.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM

6,796 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
should the fencing around the White House be permanently removed? It's there because it deters people from walking up to the building.. how bout at Bill Gates home, or Mark Zuckerbergs? they must be idiots to believe it would deter people from entering their property. Why put fencing around their homes?
Fencing around the White House or Gates/Zuckerberg is less then a mile long. The southern border is over a thousand miles long. To explain the difference between the two is useless for those lacking logic.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:31 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Stories of the growing Black support for Trump remind me of those pictures showing babies and Pitt bulls. Or like the ads showing how a person lost 100 pounds without dieting or exercise. Stories about Blacks who voted for Trump are like the back seats in a Mustang. They'er not going to entice anyone to hop aboard.
These stories of growing support for Trump by blacks are not to entice anyone to hop aboard. The purpose of them is to report on the contrary to popular belief claimed and reported by at least 90% of the media and entertainment industries.

Example: 90% plus media and entertainment claim that Mustangs have no back seat. So stories are presented that show Mustangs do in fact have a back seat. The purpose is to report on the contrary to popular belief claimed and reported by at 90% of the media and entertainment industries. And in these two instances, facts have been proven but yet there are still some out there who don't accept these proven facts because it doesn't fit the narrative they want.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I have personally met 7 Black Americans that support Trump; 3 from the US and 4 from Africa. While I wouldn't call those numbers huge, it is 7 more than 0, and in some philisophical way, that's huge.

I'm black and I know about 13 black people who like Trump and all of them are black Americans.

I know probably a thousand black people who are not....

My 13 plus your 7 is 20. I literally do know at least 1000 black people. So 20 out of 1000 is 2%. Not huge lol. And FWIW I think probably 5-7% of black people like/support Trump enough to vote for him in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Employment numbers were trending upward throughout the Obama admin once we came out of the recession.

Trump must think black people are stupid if he thinks they credit his otherwise racist self with more jobs being available to the black community.

On the bold it is always funny to me that Trump supporters have actually told me to my face (at the gym of all places, but it was on a cardio machine and not when I was squatting 250lbs lol) that I should be "happy" for Trump "giving blacks jobs..." I've been employed for over 10 years straight lol. Trump didn't give me a job. Black people are always getting jobs and have always worked. It is funny to me that people who repeat this stuff, including Trump himself - that blacks wouldn't or didn't have job before him - are actually showing their white supremacy ideology when they say that. FWIW I told old white guy at the gym to get the F out of my face. He actually bothered me to talk to me about what Trump was doing "for blacks" when I had my headphones in last week.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:08 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A presidents policy either stifle (Obama's Policies) or encourage investment (Trump's policies) which results in job creation. If you don't understand this then you don't understand how the country works
So WHY are the monthly job creation numbers for Trump's 1st 2 years LESS than Obama left him with in Obama's last 2 years. Monthly job creation has gone DOWN under Trump compared to what it was during Obama's last 2 years.

Ken

Old 04-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A presidents policy either stifle (Obama's Policies) or encourage investment (Trump's policies) which results in job creation. If you don't understand this then you don't understand how the country works
So what policies did Trump promote . I'm genuinely asking .

The economic opportunity zone thing is nice, but it technically already existed. He is just promoting it more than Obama and he even stopped doing that after about 2 months , but what other policies can he lay claim to ?

Old 04-09-2019, 02:31 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,663,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
These stories of growing support for Trump by blacks are not to entice anyone to hop aboard. The purpose of them is to report on the contrary to popular belief claimed and reported by at least 90% of the media and entertainment industries.

Example: 90% plus media and entertainment claim that Mustangs have no back seat. So stories are presented that show Mustangs do in fact have a back seat. The purpose is to report on the contrary to popular belief claimed and reported by at 90% of the media and entertainment industries. And in these two instances, facts have been proven but yet there are still some out there who don't accept these proven facts because it doesn't fit the narrative they want.

Or like the back seats of a Mustang, they are there, but they serve no practical purpose allowing that the GOP is a Mustang.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:25 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,009 times
Two of my drinking buddies when I'm home in Florida are black.
They have a visceral loathing of Clinton and thought Obama was a bag of hot air.
They gave Trump the benefit of the doubt last time and will probably do so again next time unless a strong Democrat emerges with similar economic and trade policies as Trump.
They're withering about those who have declared so far.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:52 AM

528 posts, read 227,011 times
If Republicans can peel off 5-10 percent more of the black population the Democrat party is finished.

They don't need 50 percent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies