Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 06:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I'm not a trump supporter. My thing is this. I dislike black monolithic talk that dominates blacks gears them towards democrats. I'm all for associating for whatever party that makes you happy as an individual, and not as a collective. Sometimes I think black America was a separate nation , you guys will install a dictator.
As opposed to the "monolithic talk" when it comes to other voting blocs like evangelicals?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 06:50 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
As opposed to the "monolithic talk" when it comes to other voting blocs like evangelicals?

Exacly. Nothing applies to whites. It only seems to apply to blacks. Evangelicals get a pass on everything. Angry white men get a pass when they vote as a block.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Exacly. Nothing applies to whites. It only seems to apply to blacks. Evangelicals get a pass on everything. Angry white men get a pass when they vote as a block.

Talking about voting blocs happens across just about every demographic.

College educated men, college educated women, non-college educated whites, evangelicals, blacks, Jews, Hispanic/Latino, voters under 30, voters over 50, etc, etc, etc.

To single out discussing the black voting bloc as unique is simply delusional, or perhaps worse.

ETA -- There is even a thread just down the page about the "young white" voting bloc supporting Trump. I don't recall seeing Checkmark in there bemoaning any sort of "broad brush" thinking when it comes to that particular group. Perhaps I missed it?

Old 03-18-2020, 07:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:

Among large demographics, 'the black vote' is consistently by far the most monolithic. I guess white people have a better feel for why white self-proclaimed evangelicals vote R than why black people vote D.

Old 03-18-2020, 12:31 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Among large demographics, 'the black vote' is consistently by far the most monolithic. I guess white people have a better feel for why white self-proclaimed evangelicals vote R than why black people vote D.
Well, this is how I see it. I've never felt like I needed to explain or justify who I voted for. When I came to this website, in 2007, I slowly started learning that alot of people, people who aren't running for office, are constantly talking about who Blacks vote for. For me, Black people vote Demcorats at 90% or more was always normal to me. I never questioned. And where I grew up, it was a predominantly White (85-90% White) Bible Belt kind of town, and very Republican. I never questioned why and very few other people questioned why White evangelicals vote Republican, but alot of people ask questions about Blacks.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Among large demographics, 'the black vote' is consistently by far the most monolithic.
Got stats to support that, or is it just a hunch?

Quote:
I guess white people have a better feel for why white self-proclaimed evangelicals vote R than why black people vote D.
I'm wholly unsurprised that white people might not "get" some decisions that black people make.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:40 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Got stats to support that, or is it just a hunch? [snip]
The evangelical vote for prez hovers around 80% R:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...2016-analysis/

You know the black vote hovers around 90% for the D. If you know of any large demographic more for one party I'd like to know.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
The evangelical vote for prez hovers around 80% R:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...2016-analysis/

You know the black vote hovers around 90% for the D. If you know of any large demographic more for one party I'd like to know.
And yet, growing up, that was something I wasn't particularly curious about. I only really had to think about it when I came to this website and found there were people obsessing about who Blacks vote for.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Huge amount of blacks are supporting Trump

The Big Lie, of course.

People take after Trump and his example, thinking that if they repeat a falsehood often enough it will be taken seriously by some and actually start to be believed.

No bandwagon here, just BS.
Many people are just grasping at straws, and it's ridiculous. Some people only wish Black support for Trump would approach the 30% mark. But they only wish this because they want Trump to stay in power. Said persons could care less about Black people.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
To single out discussing the black voting bloc as unique is simply delusional, or perhaps worse.
It's not surprising though. Black people are being talking about in other aspects, as if they are some kind of problem in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies