Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 12:35 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,492,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, you would be wrong. Workforce participation has dropped since the late 1990s. More Blacks are not working than ever. Many persons have simply given up looking for work.

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...ation-rate.htm

Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the labor force participation has dropped from the beginning of the 21st century. It was at 67 percent in 2000. Now it ranges between 62 and 63 percent.
The current unemployment rate amongst black people is the lowest it has ever been since those records were started to be kept.
It's a plain,simple fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Well guess what? I'm not in the United Kingdom. I'm in the United States of America. I don't care what is going on in London as it applies to ME in the USA. What matters is what happens right here in America.

I don't care if Blacks are highly represented in committing crimes. The
8th Amendment still applies to me. S&F is unreasonable search and seizure, period. Anyone in favor of something that violates my rights is an enemy, a threat to me.

You still haven't given me a reason as to why I should support Stop&Frisk. Bringing up Black people committing murder is not enough of a reason for me. I live in the USA. I can go to a store and buy a gun. I don't live in the ghetto. I care about making sure my rights are respected.
That appears to be the main problem amongst many black people.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
It should be of huge concern to you that fellow black people are killing other black people in such huge numbers.
I guess it's just easier to blame someone else.
Way to go,bro.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:43 PM

2,828 posts, read 820,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
More fake news.
It is not fake news, I have read this in some legitimate news sources.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:53 PM

72,850 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Try to think of some else,unselfishly,for just a moment.
It's a statistical fact that more black people are in work under Donald Trump than other US President.
I get the fact that you don't give a hoot about your fellow blacks but I can guarantee those who are now able to provide for their families really appreciate the work.
Wrong. Black workforce participation is lower than it was back in the early 2000s. Right now, the Black labor participation is at 62 percent. In January 2001, it was at 66 percent.

Here is where I got my statistics from: https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...ation-rate.htm

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics.

This is what the states reveal. The highest that Black labor participation has ever been in the last 20 years is 66.4%, in September 1999. As of March 2019, it stands at 62.1%.

By the way, I bet residinghere2007 cares more about Black people than you do. I don't think you care at all. I think you're making it your business because you want Trump in office. Anyway, if you live in the UK, why are you concerned about what goes on here in the states?

Old 04-26-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
That appears to be the main problem amongst many black people.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
It should be of huge concern to you that fellow black people are killing other black people in such huge numbers.
I guess it's just easier to blame someone else.
Way to go,bro.
And I think your problem is that you obsess over what goes on here in the USA, as if YOU have a stake in it. You don't. I do. I live in the USA. I have the right to make sure I don't get subjected to unreasonable search and seizure. Your support of stop and frisk tells you do not care about my rights.

And something else. You're not going to play any guilt trip with me. You said that if Blacks are committing crimes at a high proportion, then S&F would be a feasible solution. I responded by stating that I do not care why S&F is being used. I will never support it, period. And there is nothing you can do to change my mind. Why do you care? Why do you want S&F so bad? And why do you keep obsessing over what goes on in the Black American population, as if you have some stake in it? You think you know the situation better than I do?

Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Watch the video. You will learn some very interesting things.

https://youtu.be/DWam9FSRvGI

https://youtu.be/DWam9FSRvGI
Those two youtube videos do not mean much in the larger perspective. The Quinnipiac Poll showed this. Now, take in mind, polls don't tell everything.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2596

The Quinnipiac Poll showed Blacks having a 93% disapproval of Trump, while only 2% of Blacks polled approve of Trump. The Quinnipiac Poll has been accused of having a conservative bias.

Now, polls don't tell the whole story, but thousands of persons polled tell me much more than 2 youtube videos.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
And I think your problem is that you obsess over what goes on here in the USA, as if YOU have a stake in it. You don't. I do. I live in the USA. I have the right to make sure I don't get subjected to unreasonable search and seizure. Your support of stop and frisk tells you do not care about my rights.

And something else. You're not going to play any guilt trip with me. You said that if Blacks are committing crimes at a high proportion, then S&F would be a feasible solution. I responded by stating that I do not care why S&F is being used. I will never support it, period. And there is nothing you can do to change my mind. Why do you care? Why do you want S&F so bad? And why do you keep obsessing over what goes on in the Black American population, as if you have some stake in it? You think you know the situation better than I do?
I live in the United States too.
I'm a US taxpayer.
Try to imagine a world that doesn't revolve around you.It's called broadening you horizons.
The biggest problem with black crime is that the black community don't call it out.
You only ever hear Black Lives Matter flapping their gums when a white person is involved.
Take some responsibility and don't blame others for your predicament.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I live in the United States too.
I'm a US taxpayer.
Try to imagine a world that doesn't revolve around you.It's called broadening you horizons.
The biggest problem with black crime is that the black community don't call it out.
You only ever hear Black Lives Matter flapping their gums when a white person is involved.
Take some responsibility and don't blame others for your predicament.
You brought up London, and in the past so much of what you said indicated that you lived in the UK.

And something else. I'm a U.S. taxpayer too. I'm Black and I pay taxes. And if you think Black people aren't calling out the criminals, then you obviously have alot of ignorance. There have been Black people calling out criminals within the population. Guess what? Criminals don't listen. All criminals understand is jail and an early death. My father realized that you can only take care of yourself. That's why didn't raise his children in the same neighborhood he grew up in. Alot of Black people care. This is why they vote with their feet and leave the ghetto once the resources to do so. My father got a Bachelor's then a Master's degree in Engineering. He left his northside Milwaukee neighborhood, only went back for visits. But for the most part, he never returned to live. He made sure his children got a suburban living. Alot of Black people got tired of the crime. That's alot many black people left for the suburbs along with White people.

You only hear BLM because that is what the news shows you. Maybe if you didn't watch the news you wouldn't hear about it so much. I don't watch the news. Something else. I live in the suburbs, not the ghetto. I take responsibility for what I can control. I can't control some hood rat who wants to be a killer. I can stay out of the ghetto though. I will never live there. I was raised a suburban/country fellow.

Here is the thing about Black on Black violence. It's bad, and I don't want Black people to kill each other. I can also do something to minimize my chances of getting killed. I can stay out of rough neighborhoods. I can't do much about someone who wants to discriminate against me in terms of the job market. Yes, Black on black crime is a concern. So is police brutality. So is having one's 8th amendment rights violated. Why not be concerned about ALL of those issues?

I'll just give you my opinion on all of this. You wouldn't mind seeing my 8th amendment rights violated because it makes you feel safer. I don't think you care about Blacks at all. So don't tell me about "broaden my horizons".

Old 04-26-2019, 02:50 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,200,274 times
He's yugely popular among blacks...

For example, Gallup has interviewed thousands of African American respondents in 2018. Its polling suggests that Trump’s black approval rating has consistently been around 10 to 15 percent through 2018.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
He's yugely popular among blacks...

For example, Gallup has interviewed thousands of African American respondents in 2018. Its polling suggests that Trump’s black approval rating has consistently been around 10 to 15 percent through 2018.
Quinnipiac Poll shows African Americans having a 2 percent approval rating for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies