Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 09:11 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys keep talking about employment like it matters relative to Trump. Trump has NOTHING to do with black employment. If we’re doing better, it’s because of us, not Trump. We’re never gonna give him the credit. We only only credit ourselves for any improvement.

We don’t owe Trump a vote. Realize and let it go. You’re not getting thru.
How can one phrase contain so much stupidity?

World-Class DELUSION
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 09:16 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
That’s still not a good enough reason to vote GOP for most black folks.
Much better, says the representative from the Rocket Scientist sector, to continue to vote for members of the party formed for the purpose of keeping them in chains.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

These Mensa-candidates willingly and proudly turn their backs on the party formed by the President that freed them (Lincoln), and support the party formed to continue their enslavement (DemocRATS).

And they expect to be taken the least bit seriously?

Old 01-18-2020, 11:12 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
I vote according to the issue so the party that one runs on doesn’t sway me as they are one and the same. Just one is more upfront about their intent while the other is more subtle.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Well, well, well...

This thread certainly got the "I'm not racist, BUT..." crowd up and barking.

Anyone who thinks blacks owe tRump their vote must also think that Mexico is still gonna pay for that border fence he calls his wall.

A prime example of his 7%

Old 01-18-2020, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
How can one phrase contain so much stupidity?

World-Class DELUSION
Get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Much better, says the representative from the Rocket Scientist sector, to continue to vote for members of the party formed for the purpose of keeping them in chains.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

These Mensa-candidates willingly and proudly turn their backs on the party formed by the President that freed them (Lincoln), and support the party formed to continue their enslavement (DemocRATS).

And they expect to be taken the least bit seriously?
It’s US that aren’t taking YOU seriously, not the other way around.

You’re telling us that Trump is our guy, and we’re laughing at you AND your suggestion. Lol

You ARE taking us seriously. Very much so in fact. That’s why you’re on this thread working so hard to convince us to vote for Trump. Ain’t happening though. Sorry bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, well, well...

This thread certainly got the "I'm not racist, BUT..." crowd up and barking.

Anyone who thinks blacks owe tRump their vote must also think that Mexico is still gonna pay for that border fence he calls his wall.

A prime example of his 7%

lol...these folks need to get off the Meth. We’ll vote for Trump when hell freezes.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:38 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Get over it.

It’s US that aren’t taking YOU seriously, not the other way around.

You’re telling us that Trump is our guy, and we’re laughing at you AND your suggestion. Lol

You ARE taking us seriously. Very much so in fact. That’s why you’re on this thread working so hard to convince us to vote for Trump. Ain’t happening though. Sorry bud.

lol...these folks need to get off the Meth. We’ll vote for Trump when hell freezes.
All this proves is that some people prefer complaining about Black people and their voting patterns rather than actually listening to what Blacks have to say, and why many Blacks feel the way they do.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:41 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,376,644 times
Quote:
Trump has done nothing for one single African American.

And you’re right..Trump is our enemy. He’ll remain the enemy too.
Outright lies - TDS is strong in this one.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Meth?

They don't take it straight.

They blend it into that orange Kool-aid.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:53 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Many blacks have very conservative values, are religious, etc. Anti-abortion. Can't think of all the things right now that are in line with conservatives. Not a great big love for LGBT.
Well, that isn't enough for me. I can tell you many reasons why I've been turned off by the GOP. And not, I don't think every GOP politician is like this, but I can provide examples of why the GOP is seen by many Blacks as not being the party for them.

Georgia governor Brian Kemp and his voter suppression tactices.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ation-cummings

By the way, I was in Georgia when Brian Kemp was Secretary of State, which basically means he was in charge of elections. He purged at least 1 million people from the voter rolls. He closed down over 200 polling stations, large numbers of them in predominantly Black areas.

There is Trent Lott. He has a history of being segregationist and has even expressed admiration for Strom Thurmond. Senator Trent Lott
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/go...tor-trent-lott

Direct quote from Trent Lott himself : "I want to say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for President, we voted for him. We're proud of it. (Applause) And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either."

And there are other problems. I won't mince words. The Confederate flag is a racist symbol, period. Don't give me this bs about "southern heritage". The majority of Blacks are from the South, and none of them are claiming the Confederate flag as part of their southern heritage. This is because the Confederates reasons for secession were about keeping slavery and keeping Blacks in bondage. You can look this up in the Articles of Secession. I find it ironic that Democrats are referenced. Yes, Democrats of the 19th century were behind this. Today, the persons who are the most in favor of the Confederate flag are Republicans, in particular, Republicans from the South. Chris McDaniel of Mississippi campaigned featuring the Confederate flag. Notice how most Blacks were against him. And Mississippi is the Blackest state in the USA.

Yes, there are some decent Republicans out there. However, I notice that many Republicans that win do so by appealing to the anger of some White conservatives. Why would a Black person want to vote for that?

Old 01-18-2020, 01:53 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times
Default Emerson, Marist, and Rasmussen each have Trump support among African Americans at above 30%

New York Newsday has the details:

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/comm...ort-1.39184208

Black support for the first real president in 28 years is surging because, like the anti-globalist Reagan, he's the first president in modern times since Nixon, Kennedy, and Eisenhower to build up our country rather than attempt to destroy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies