Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 06:46 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
So now we going to argue that my abortion choice was more valid than a woman who wants to terminate a pregnancy at eight weeks?
Yes. There's a BIG difference between a medically necessary abortion and abortion for the sake of convenience because one has been irresponsible about contraception and became pregnant.
Quote:
PP provides valuable services to a low-income community that does not have the same access to care that I had and have because I am educated, well-connected, and affluent. Defunding PP is the wrong path forward, especially given our president’s determination to dismantle the ACA.
PP would be successful by ending their abortion services and sticking with women's health and contraceptive services and education. The fact that PP targets Black women for abortions instead of birth control (5 times higher abortion rate than White women) is racist and inexcusable. They're exploiting Black women for $$$$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 06:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm confused.

Are they ordering all convenience stores, grocery stores, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Duan Reade, Rite Aide, Target, etc. to halt all sales of condoms?
If that is what you got out of it, then you are very confused indeed.

I am saying contraceptives should be made more available, not less.

Quote:
PP could disappear and the only difference would be fewer abortions.
More unwanted pregnancies, - more abortions. Common sense.

Quote:
Look at how many abortions they perform. If they truly were in the business to offer "BC" they would help women NOT need abortions. Abortions rates should have DROPPED in areas where PP is located.
There would be even more without them.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"New Report Shows Planned Parenthood Raked in $1.5 Billion in Taxpayer Funds Over 3 Years"

https://www.heritage.org/marriage-an...taxpayer-funds

That is Billion with a B. I DON'T call That "LOW hanging fruit"!
It’s low hanging fruit because PP serves the low-income community, whose needs and concerns, sadly, are more easily dismissed by our government than those with money and connections. It’s right here in this thread for all to see: women who go to clinics rather than a primary care doctor for the morning-after pill or RU-486 are having abortions “for convenience because they were irresponsible with their birth control.” That’s the message in this thread and all the others posted about abortion in the forums. Why does one group get the scarlet “A” while the other does not?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
There are other medical clinics that are in the same areas that women can go to and receive BETTER care.

If PP disappeared, the only difference? Fewer abortions.

And if PP does such a bang up, stellar job "caring" for these women, why do so many need abortions?

I think they have proved what a colossal failure they are at providing BC and BC education.
Where?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hospitals are private organizations as well. Duh. As are private universities that receive federal funding. Nevermind the private corporations that receive federal project funding.
Duh to you too. The post I responded to specifically said 'public' hospitals.

I happen to oppose the Ohio defunding law because it's based on the single fact that PP performs abortions, but it is not unconstitutional. In general, I'd support defunding PP and other 5013c's that engage in partisan political activities through a PAC or other measures, not single out one of them for a specific service it performs.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Actually no. If the option is removed, it'd be smart to take even more precautions.

Rate would drop. When something is easily accessible? It gets used more often.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I doubt it. There are 14,000+ publicly funded health department clinics in the US that provide contraception services for free or on an income-based sliding fee scale. There are only about 700 PP clinics, which have proven they're vastly ineffective at providing contraception services and education. PP fails in that mission deliberately. Abortions are more lucrative.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
It’s low hanging fruit because PP serves the low-income community, whose needs and concerns, sadly, are more easily dismissed by our government than those with money and connections. It’s right here in this thread for all to see: women who go to clinics rather than a primary care doctor for the morning-after pill or RU-486 are having abortions “for convenience because they were irresponsible with their birth control.” That’s the message in this thread and all the others posted about abortion in the forums. Why does one group get the scarlet “A” while the other does not?
You do know why the scientists, tee hee hee HEEE funny, named it RU-486 right? They thought it was FUNNY!!!!

RU-486 = Are you for 86 (killing)? really REALLY funny, right?

If a women uses 2 forms of BC she won't get pregnant.

Isn't PP telling women that so they can fully protect themselves? No.

Abortion today is for convenience. That's it. It's not the "message" it's the truth. And it's the bulk of PP business, and this thread is about PP.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Apparently not, since you don't understand the difference between grants and reimbursements, 501c3 and 501c4 organizations, and individual and PAC political donations.

Point to where is says anything about Grants....
Make up crap lately?
Grants given to political campaigns.... Ya, try and sell that!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
You do know why the scientists, tee hee hee HEEE funny, named it RU-486 right? They thought it was FUNNY!!!!

RU-486 = Are you for 86 (killing)? really REALLY funny, right?

If a women uses 2 forms of BC she won't get pregnant.

Isn't PP telling women that so they can fully protect themselves? No.

Abortion today is for convenience. That's it. It's not the "message" it's the truth. And it's the bulk of PP business, and this thread is about PP.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? RU for Roussel-Uclaf and 486 because of when mifepristone was synthesized.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-10-2019 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Darn auto-correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies