Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 09:11 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I work for CBP and that's not what she said on her resignation letter and resignation video on DHS portal.
The word is Trump forced her out. Do you agree with that assessment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 09:14 AM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
I work for CBP and that's not what she said on her resignation letter and resignation video on DHS portal.

Of course she won't have written that on her resignation letter!

She's not so dumb as to admit that she resigned for refusing to do something she agreed to do once before, and was lambasted for it.

This IS what is being reported in the news though.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:15 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The word is Trump forced her out. Do you agree with that assessment?
Sure, if that's what coming out of her mouth or Trump's mouth.

Other than that I have no idea and I don't like to make assumptions why she resigned.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
What law was he violating? When anyone (including American citizens) are caught crossing the border illegally, they are arrested, taken to jail, and investigated. We don't put children in jail, therefore they are separated.

What is difficult about this?

He'd be violating his own executive order that put a stop to the family separations in June.

But he wants to reinstate the family separations so I guess he'd need reverse it with a new executive order.

Anything difficult about this?

Old 04-08-2019, 09:21 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Of course she won't have written that on her resignation letter!

She's not so dumb as to admit that she resigned for refusing to do something she agreed to do once before, and was lambasted for it.

This IS what is being reported in the news though.
I guarantee to you that I have more inside scoop of what's going on within DHS than any news source.

For example, Nielsen's resignation video in DHS portal addressing to DHS employees is not accessible to news media

Old 04-08-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Well yes, I guess so.

She took a hell of a beating for it the first time around - basically took most of the brunt for it.
I can completely see why she could not go down that road again.

However I'm not giving her too many points for moral courage since she lacked the foresight or humanity to have a procedure in place to re-unite the separated children with their parents in the first place.

I wonder who Trump will find to put in charge of this?
Stephen Miller perhaps?

Actually I might have guessed right if this is anything to go by:

https://www.businessinsider.com/afte...-report-2019-4

Quote:
Before Nielsen's abrupt resignation, hardline Trump adviser Stephen Miller was reportedly handed total control of border policy

Old 04-08-2019, 09:24 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Trump has for months been urging to reinstate child separation policy

Yep, he's a beast.

A beast who care not a bit for the truth or justice or decency. Trump's got Stephen 'wormtongue' Miller whispering in his ear constantly, and he can't make a rational, sensible decision to save his soul.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I guarantee to you that I have more inside scoop of what's going on within DHS than any news source.

For example, Nielsen's resignation video in DHS portal addressing to DHS employees is not accessible to news media

Well, we will see in the coming hours / days / weeks won't we?

I refer you to my previous post.

She's no more likely to commit the real reason for her resignation to video, any more than she is to admit it in a resignation letter.

She will already forever be remembered as the woman that separated children from their parents, no matter what she chooses to say about it.

Last edited by Cruithne; 04-08-2019 at 09:32 AM..

Old 04-08-2019, 09:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You probably didn't know, when anyone is arrested, anywhere in the world, for all of history, they are separated from their family as they don't throw the entire family into jail when a person breaks the law.
Actually thats not true at all, many other countries allow female inmates to keep their children at the prisons with them, Mexico is one, they have special facilities for them, and other inmates help them out as well. Thats pretty sad when even Mexico will allow this, but the US would rather separate mother and child (even if there was no one else to care for the child).

Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
I don’t agree with the child separation policy either.

Anybody who enters the United States illegally needs to get immediately sent back across the border.

That includes men, women and children. No separation is necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies