Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support MGTOW?
Yay 84 58.33%
Nay 60 41.67%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:38 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

One thing is for sure, women want marriage and "love" a lot more than men, and that's always been the case.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:00 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
One thing is for sure, women want marriage and "love" a lot more than men, and that's always been the case.
That's because woman had to face the consequences of pregnancy and illegitimate children. They were at best ruined at worst put to death. Would you want that?
Actually now that sex, pregnancy and parenthood outside of marriage isnt a big thing fewer women care about marriage, especially at a younger age.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:16 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That's because woman had to face the consequences of pregnancy and illegitimate children. They were at best ruined at worst put to death. Would you want that?
Actually now that sex, pregnancy and parenthood outside of marriage isnt a big thing fewer women care about marriage, especially at a younger age.
Well they still prioritize "love" as a big deal, just as much as they always did from what I've seen.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Well, that depends on how you define "love".

Men probably "made up" the idea of marriage so they could make certain their womb-man isn't stolen from them. They also made up the ideas of multiple wives...Islam, Mormons, etc...and they they said, in typical male fashion, "this is the will of Gawd".

If we cast a wider net under "love", we'd say that jocks towel snapping in the locker room is love...and so many other male actions.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:27 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Well they still prioritize "love" as a big deal, just as much as they always did from what I've seen.
I guess so. Most people I know, women, men, boys, girls, old people, babies love love. Who doesnt want love?

Old 04-25-2019, 11:47 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Normal men do too. It is a healthy state for a man to share love with a partner. It can make a man want to be a better version of himself.

What I see of MGTOW types around me (and there are a lot lately) is a kind of emotional stunting that manifests in selfishness and boorishness. It isn't a good look, it isn't healthy for them in the long run. They have plenty of money but few boundaries so they seek external sources of challenge and pride. Like a fatherless boy that misbehaves for lack of a male influence, these grown man lack a female influence. They think they can dis-respect women in society as they do internally. I have had legal run-ins with some, for the first time in my life I've had to involve police. Fortunately most police officers are family men who understand as they would not want to see their wives or daughters threatened or intimidated by a rogue who went his own way.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess so. Most people I know, women, men, boys, girls, old people, babies love love. Who doesnt want love?
MGTOWS and Incels want love on 4chan for their video game exploits and they want "warped love" for their trolling and hate. It's really the same thing (attention), but they haven't learned matured enough to separate out negative and positive attention.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
If he’s an example of the MGTOW movement, all I can think is that we have some very emotionally-troubled men out there in the world today.
Not only today but all throughout recorded history. Which gender do you think has cased all the horrors described in wars, human trafficking, slavery, animal abuse and the list goes on? Look at the percent difference of females to males who are in prison around the world.

It's odd to me that this obvious glaring fact is not discussed more openly.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:25 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Relationships are about compromise and working together to achieve agreed upon goals. One side shouldn't dominate the relationship, and if that is the case it's probably a dysfunctional relationship. I've been with my SO for 43 years. We consider ourselves equal partners and agree on anything important. The ability to compromise helped my marriage and also helped in my work life. I was a manager for 20 years, but I considered myself part of the team and considered each member of team as valuable as I was. That concept lead to a successful 31 year career.

If you can't compromise, definitely go your own way.

That is amazing. I hope you have another 43 together. Life is too hard to go through it alone. Bless both of you.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:21 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
I wonder if mansplaining is tied to MGTOW, or just an odd masculine trait. Would a man who understood or respected women do this? Maybe it is a passive aggressive way of insulting women.

Just today I was mansplained at the car wash. I use self serve wash, I was half way through rinsing and some guy pulled up behind the bay, got out of his car and thought I didn't know how to work the sprayer properly. Either he was white knighting (nice guy who really thought he could help me clean my car better) or having some fun (mocking me). But I do not think he would have thought this or said it to another man. No way. I'm kind of stunned this happened in 2019. He had no idea I wasn't an angry feminist, or maybe he didn't care and wanted to have a go. Strange stuff happening lately, men pushing back or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies