Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support MGTOW?
Yay 84 58.33%
Nay 60 41.67%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:29 AM

995 posts, read 509,550 times

Advertisements

This thread is based on a 2-question poll, asking readers if the MGTOW movement is a good thing or bad thing.

Males, are you glad that you have guys who are against modern feminist ideals and broadcasting their opinions across the Web? Women, are you happy that certain men are subtracting themselves from marriage, so you have less chance of being stuck with an old-fashioned male chauvinist? Or do any of you think this movement is a bunch of tripe sponsored by frustrated men?

Me personally, I like it. I think divorce laws are highly unfair to men, and it's wise of men to not let themselves be caught in a financial trap should their spouse demand an unilateral divorce. Also, I support anything which cuts down on the birthrate - fewer marriages = fewer children being born. Not a bad thing at all, IMO.

What do you folks think? Vote yay or nay in my poll and comment at will.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
For whatever reason, I followed a link to a MGTOW web personality the other day and listened to a twenty-five minute tirade about a young woman who had posted a video on-line. It left me sick to my stomach. For the record, I am familiar with the young woman and her story. There was no justification for the man’s personal attack on her. None at all. In the end, I was confused and saddened by his behavior. If he’s an example of the MGTOW movement, all I can think is that we have some very emotionally-troubled men out there in the world today. Male or female, if someone doesn’t want to be in a relationship, that’s a perfectly legitimate choice, but the viciousness that I experienced in that webcast was not okay, and you will never convince me otherwise. If I heard my daughter talk about men the way I heard that man talk about women, I would be horrified.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:56 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
For whatever reason, I followed a link to a MGTOW web personality the other day and listened to a twenty-five minute tirade about a young woman who had posted a video on-line. It left me sick to my stomach. For the record, I am familiar with the young woman and her story. There was no justification for the man’s personal attack on her. None at all. In the end, I was confused and saddened by his behavior. If he’s an example of the MGTOW movement, all I can think is that we have some very emotionally-troubled men out there in the world today. Male or female, if someone doesn’t want to be in a relationship, that’s a perfectly legitimate choice, but the viciousness that I experienced in that webcast was not okay, and you will never convince me otherwise. If I heard my daughter talk about men the way I heard that man talk about women, I would be horrified.
So you sided with the female?

Old 04-08-2019, 10:58 AM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
[snip] we have some very emotionally-troubled men out there in the world today. Male or female, if someone doesn’t want to be in a relationship, that’s a perfectly legitimate choice, but the viciousness that I experienced in that webcast was not okay, and you will never convince me otherwise. If I heard my daughter talk about men the way I heard that man talk about women, I would be horrified.
Agree.

there are too many sexually frustrated, angry, young males with little prospect of finding mates. I think the mgtow movement encompasses these men along with mentally and emotionally unstable men who vent their frustrations by verbally attacking the sex that has collectively rejected them. Not sure what to do about these young men, however. women can't be forced to have sex with them nor can the men be forced to get help for mental and emotional issues.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
This thread is based on a 2-question poll, asking readers if the MGTOW movement is a good thing or bad thing.

Males, are you glad that you have guys who are against modern feminist ideals and broadcasting their opinions across the Web?
The nerve of those women. How dare they express their opinions! Why aren't they in the kitchen, quietly fixing dinner for their husbands, like all good women do, and keeping their opinions to themselves?

Quote:
Women, are you happy that certain men are subtracting themselves from marriage, so you have less chance of being stuck with an old-fashioned male chauvinist?
If they're the kind of men you just described above, who are against women sharing their opinions, then good riddance.

Quote:
Or do any of you think this movement is a bunch of tripe sponsored by frustrated men?

Yep. They can't get a woman, precisely because they think of women as second class citizens, so of course instead of looking to their own behavior they blame women. The truth is that today, the majority of women are not attracted to Neanderthals. Go figure.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:03 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Voted yes. I love the movement. It eliminates the weak men from the dating pool; leaving more women for guys that have confidence in dating.

Gotta love MGTOW and gay men - less men to compete with, Lol

Old 04-08-2019, 11:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
M.y.o.b.

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So you sided with the female?
It isn’t about taking sides. There was no established conflict between the two of them. They’d had no prior interaction whatsoever, which he fully acknowledged. She was just his totem. The webcast was truly sickening, and I felt terrible for him because something is eating at his soul, and I guarantee you that it has nothing to do with the young woman he chose to attack.

3,372 posts, read 1,565,243 times
When current pop culture, movies, TV shows, 95% of mouthpieces on TV, academia and social media campaigns continue to wage a war on straight masculine men, you are going to have movements like this. Glad to see men finally standing up for themselves. Let the trend continue to flourish!

Old 04-08-2019, 11:05 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,382,413 times
Short answer is no because it's too extreme, just like radical feminism is.

However, some of the general talking points have merit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies