Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 06:49 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Right, who do these pro-illegals think were doing all those jobs for a fair wage before million of cheap illegal flooded our border making the rich, richer? They aren't undocumented immigrants either they are illegal aliens. I don't speak PC language I speak the language of the law.
You understand the economy grows, right? That more jobs get added at a faster rate than native-born workers are able to fill, right? And then that economy itself segments into worker pools -- manual, blue-collar, executive, etc -- right?

All this adds up to a vast openings that are only filled by segments of the working population -- ie I'm not expecting a out of work nurse to apply for a line cook position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 06:50 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I'd settle for an illegal immigrant allegedly committing any crime in the USA being "kicked out" permanently. One accusation of violation of our laws and they are expelled from this country forever, including the criminal currently using my stolen ss number for employment.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-08-2019 at 07:01 PM..

Old 04-08-2019, 06:52 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What % of your income do you contribute to your retirement plan?

Do you think that changes after we kick out all the immigrants and replace them with immigrants to do the same work?

Irrelevant.

I'd spend more if I had more.

And if I put more into a retirement plan, I'd spend it when I retire.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:54 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Replacing immigrants with immigrants? Huh? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole immigrants. For the most part we wouldn't even need many more legal immigrants to replace illegal aliens. Americans would get their jobs back.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:57 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Do you think that money just evaporates into the air? It goes right back into the economy. If the choice is owning the economy growing vs owning the economy collapsing, it seems like a pretty easy choice, right?

College graduates have an under 2% unemployment rate. Why would they drop out to make less money working in agriculture, housing, service, or maintenance industries?
BS. A lot of that money goes out of the country in the form of remissions.

College isn't for everybody. Some people will find that they can make more money in the trades.

With illegals gone, sleazy employers who either employed or catered to cheap, exploitable, illegal labor will find that they actually will have to pay Americans and legal immigrants a living wage.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:57 PM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
This is a red herring.

Very few conservatives or Republicans want to deport all illegal aliens that are present in the United States. It would not be feasible to do so.

What most people want to do is to stop any more illegal aliens from coming in.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:58 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:

Do you think that changes after we kick out all the immigrants and replace them with immigrants to do the same work?
That's not the relevant question. The issue is how much money is being used to stimulate a foreign economy.
I can tell you, the amount I put in my retirement fund is nowhere near the 400+ billion that is transferred out of the country. LOL.

And guess what. People on food stamps don't stimulate the economy either.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:02 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This is a red herring.

Very few conservatives or Republicans want to deport all illegal aliens that are present in the United States. It would not be feasible to do so.

There is no plan to round up all illegal aliens and deport them. Just deport the ones that get caught. In the meantime removing all of the incentives for them to remain here would make many self-deport with no means to support themselves. Jobs, birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits are the things that keep them here and continue to attract more them. Remove all of these incentives and we'd end illegal immigration as we know it.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It took 40 years to get that many, removing them in another 40 wouldn't upset anything. Actually sealing the border and waiting another 20 years would have zero effect. Everyone dies.

The thing is remittances leave and never come back and that's in the Billions each year.
Money is always leaving our borders. Billions being spent overseas on vacation, on luxury imports, or payments to family abroad is all money leaving our borders and never coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
They might not "own up" to the economic collapse, but aforementioned economic crash would send voters to the dems in droves.
Probably, but we'd be able to get Dem votes w/o reliving the 08 crash again, if voters would just think.

Quote:
Our economy would be much better without having $100 billion a year of our taxes going for the social costs of illegal aliens.
Again complaining about money circulating in the economy seems like a very foolish argument to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
It's physically impossible to catch and deport 11 million people in a short enough period of time to cause an economic collapse. You're right, I referred to the wrong logical fallacy, but then go on to spew a whole new set of assumptions. Lol.
Then all you're doing is replacing one worker w/ another worker and suffering a moral penalty just to stick it to the people that came over illegally. It's a foolish waste of money and resources to get to the exact same spot you are now. Fine them if it's that important to punish them. It's moronic to upend families, economies, and businesses just to screw over someone that just wants to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Same people who did that type of work before we decided to ignore our immigration laws for cheap labor

Americans.

I'm old enough to remember when skilled labor and construction work was the vocation of choice for Americans who either couldn't afford to go to college or just enjoyed working with their hands at a trade.

Was a time when being a carpenter or a stone Mason was an honorable profession that, while you wouldn't get rich, you could, if you put in the time to become a master tradesman, raise a family on and have a decent life.

That was before hoards of illegals drove wages into the dirt.

Get rid of the cheap illegal labor and wages will rise, attracting more Americans to do these types of jobs again.
So suddenly, America isn't pro-Capitalism? It's pro-protectionism at the expense of the consumer. I need to pay more, not b/c you're better, but b/c you don't want competition for your job? How about you support a strong union presence if you want wage protections, and they can ensure your industry isn't undercut by illegal labor by covering them too!

Old 04-08-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Irrelevant.

I'd spend more if I had more.

And if I put more into a retirement plan, I'd spend it when I retire.
So you think $1 today has the same effect at your local pizzeria as a $1 you'd spend in 30 years?

Quote:
Replacing immigrants with immigrants? Huh? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole immigrants. For the most part we wouldn't even need many more legal immigrants to replace illegal aliens. Americans would get their jobs back.
We're at <4% unemployment. What jobs have Americans lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
BS. A lot of that money goes out of the country in the form of remissions.

College isn't for everybody. Some people will find that they can make more money in the trades.

With illegals gone, sleazy employers who either employed or catered to cheap, exploitable, illegal labor will find that they actually will have to pay Americans and legal immigrants a living wage.
So who exactly is filling the jobs that these wooed American & legal immigrants are leaving to work these newly opened line chef and drywalling positions? Where's this pool of workers coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This is a red herring.

Are you serious? What do you think "no amnesty" means? What do you think "no pathway to citizenship" means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
That's not the relevant question. The issue is how much money is being used to stimulate a foreign economy.
I can tell you, the amount I put in my retirement fund is nowhere near the 400+ billion that is transferred out of the country. LOL.

And guess what. People on food stamps don't stimulate the economy either.
I see you just want to dodge every question that shows why you're wrong and put your finger in your ear to say "not listening."

We'll try another route -- would a store that only accepted public assistance dollars be able to pay someone a wage?

Quote:
There is no plan to round up all illegal aliens and deport them. Just deport the ones that get caught. In the meantime removing all of the incentives for them to remain here would make many self-deport with no means to support themselves. Jobs, birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits are the things that keep them here and continue to attract more them. Remove all of these incentives and we'd end illegal immigration as we know it.
So your plan is to just hamstring the economy just to drive out people that move the economy? I can imagine your treatment plan if you were a doctor. "We'll just blast you with radiation b/c if you dies, then so does the bacteria. Problem solved."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies