Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 09:15 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,074,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some conservatives melt....and all the anarchists also.....

“If you get a job at Bank of America, you’ll make $41,000,” Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan says."

Before anyone mentions these are "professionals", I'll note that my 18 yo Son worked in a drive-up window.

Other Banks are following suit. Good for them.

For those who want to only bank where low wages are paid, that's easy enough. Check the job listings or sign up for a free trial on Glassdoor.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/b...RCH_KO0,11.htm

Me? I'm going to check in with my local bank AND Fidelity and Vanguard and make sure they are paying living wages. Social justice is good.
Once again, Craig is wrong.

I'm a conservative and I applaud Bank of America for freely making a decision like this, I'm only against things like this when the government tries to dictate that private businesses must do it. It's up to BOA to decide what is best for their businesses and if they can afford it, not the federal government.

You aren't going to check in with anyone, you're just making up BS to support your ignorant trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 09:28 AM

2,362 posts, read 782,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So $200,000 a year for any Joe Blow who manages to squeak by State U with a C average?
Why not? In most urban areas of the USA that's the minimum salary needed to raise a family of 4. That's why so many Americans need both parents working. This would ensure at least one parent can stay home and tend to the children and the house. 200,000 isn't a lot of money anymore.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:29 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,511,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe the serfs wont look so unfavorably at their crony/govt counterfeiting business model if they virtue signal enough. I see its working on some already. Besides we can always bail them out if they err in overpaying their employees.
I would love to get a glimpse into what you consider to be a perfect world, because you complain about pretty much everything.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:32 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,391,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Another thing.

If they pay tellers $41,000, don't you think the Asst Branch Manager earning $45k is going to balk? They're going to have to bump up their salaries too. But wait, now they're at $55k, and the Branch Manager earning $65k needs a raise also.

Their compensation costs are going to jump big time, unless of course they plan to use technology to replace more employees. Might be a money-saver, after all!
Your concern for billionaire corporations is sooo cute!!

Old 04-09-2019, 09:34 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
When an employer can play with taxpayer money it's not hard to do something like this.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:37 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,853,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
$20 an hour is nothing in the USA. For any position that requires a college education, the minimum wage should be at least $100 an hour in the USA and $20 an hour can be for positions like burger flippers, etc.
52 weeks a year x 40 hrs a week x $100 an hour is $208,000 a year. Do you seriously think EVERY college grad is worth 208k a year? Not hardly.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM

20,186 posts, read 23,915,808 times
Don't matter what a private company wants to pay but it's not too hard to see there fees go up .. funny how things work out without a government mandate

Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,069,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some conservatives melt....and all the anarchists also.....

Before anyone mentions these are "professionals", I'll note that my 18 yo Son worked in a drive-up window.

Other Banks are following suit. Good for them.

For those who want to only bank where low wages are paid, that's easy enough. Check the job listings or sign up for a free trial on Glassdoor.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/b...RCH_KO0,11.htm

Me? I'm going to check in with my local bank AND Fidelity and Vanguard and make sure they are paying living wages. Social justice is good.
Conservatives don’t melt when a company decides to raise its wages of their own accord.

If you get a job at Bank of America, you’ll make $41,000,” Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan says." When everyone makes 41,000 that will get rid of inequality (if I take his statement literally).

Old 04-09-2019, 09:42 AM

50,549 posts, read 47,368,799 times
Quote:
Why not? In most urban areas of the USA that's the minimum salary needed to raise a family of 4. That's why so many Americans need both parents working. This would ensure at least one parent can stay home and tend to the children and the house. 200,000 isn't a lot of money anymore.
No one is entitled to live where they can't afford.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:48 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,542,112 times
Quote:
First, it's not the minimum for a family of four. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were an elitist liberal.

Second, you didn't say family heads should get $200k a year. You said any average person who gets a B.A. That means the 22-year-old who graduated from a mediocre college with a 2.0.

Great way to start a massive inflation problem. Starter homes will be $1 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies