Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Those are being removed every year. And as outbreaks increase, it’ll happen even faster. As will the crack down on bogus medical waivers.
Be careful what you wish for. One day you might be the grandparent or great grandparent of a vaccine injured child and wonder why you were so quick to throw away your ability to choose.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:19 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why are you so happy freedom is being taken away?
No one is taking away any freedom. The choice to vaccinate or not is still yours. No one is proposing you’re held down and vaccinated against your will. You can choose.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Be careful what you wish for. One day you might be the grandparent or great grandparent of a vaccine injured child and wonder why you were so quick to throw away your ability to choose.
I tell this story all the time. I know someone who almost DIED after getting a vaccine.

She refuses to give that ONE vaccine to her kids.

She has gone through 4 pediatricians. They refuse to have her kids as patients because she does not want to risk her kids having the same reaction she did. So doesn't want them to get ONE VACCINE. They have gotten the rest of them, no arguments from her.

It's sick sick sick.

Freedom is being erroded.

And there are people CHEERING IT ON!!!!!

It's absolutely mind boggling.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:22 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Seat belts?

Don't have side effects.
I know someone who swears that his life was saved in an accident because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He says that if he were, he would have been stuck in the car and would have burned in his accident. That could be considered parallel to the one-in-a-million chance that a vaccine will cause a fatal reaction in some unlucky and vulnerable (for whatever reason) person.

Also, my kids and I were in a rollover accident when they were little. All of us walked away with very minor injuries. My kids had bruising on their chests from their carseat harnesses doing what they were supposed to do (restrain them despite a lot of pressure and jostling around). The bruising could be considered a side effect much like a sore arm or a fever could be considered a side effect from a vaccine.

In my city, there was just a horrible rollover car accident involving alcohol, underage teenagers, and 13 teens in and on top of one smallish SUV. I assume you probably read about it if you are still local. One girl died and a couple others were badly injured. The rest are physically fine (either minor enough injuries to not need to go to the hospital or no injuries). So one might say that seatbelts aren't REALLY necessary and it's okay to ride on top of a car because 12/13 kids survived (as far as I'm aware; not sure what happened to the others who were life-flighted out of there) and 10/13 kids weren't even horribly injured. The girl who died was inside of the car, so that means that 100% kids riding on the roof of the car survived. You can really do anything you want with numbers and assumptions, but most (not all) people trust the evidence that seatbelts save lives. I'm not sure what the difference is with vaccinations. It's illegal to ride without a seatbelt in most states, but I don't know if there's the same concern about impinging on freedoms. There likely is; I just haven't heard it.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No one is taking away any freedom. The choice to vaccinate or not is still yours. No one is proposing you’re held down and vaccinated against your will. You can choose.
No.

You want to tell others how to live. You want to tell them if they aren't vaccinated, they need to have their freedom taken away.

You support the erosion of freedom.

And you are CHEERING for it.

The fact that you don't understand that is your position just shows how much you have bought the MSM propaganda about the disease. You have been brainwashed, my friend.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Please show me an existing or proposed piece of legislation that says the state has the right to hold someone down and administer vaccinations against their will. You can’t because it does not exist.

Everyone has the ability to choose. What they don’t have is the ability to avoid the negative consequences of that choice. That’s what upsets you. That you might experience a downside based on your choices. Not that you’re worried about that choice being removed.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I tell this story all the time. I know someone who almost DIED after getting a vaccine.

She refuses to give that ONE vaccine to her kids.

She has gone through 4 pediatricians. They refuse to have her kids as patients because she does not want to risk her kids having the same reaction she did. So doesn't want them to get ONE VACCINE. They have gotten the rest of them, no arguments from her.

It's sick sick sick.

Freedom is being erroded.

And there are people CHEERING IT ON!!!!!

It's absolutely mind boggling.
Did her kids get the vaccine?

Old 04-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Did her kids get the vaccine?
She won't tell me anymore. She refuses to talk about it. So I have no idea.

It has been beyond distressing to her that as a parent, her rights are being trampled. She is in a state that is fully bought by big pharma. The doctors there are hellbent on 100% vaccination, no delays, no exemptions, they do not care about the patients.

Just whether they get the vaccines.

2 years ago she pulled them from public school and put them into private school.

So not entirely sure what has happened.

Except that her rights as a parent?

Don't matter to the pediatricians she has encountered. And, again, it was 1 vaccine. She was fine with them getting the rest.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
No.

You want to tell others how to live. You want to tell them if they aren't vaccinated, they need to have their freedom taken away.

You support the erosion of freedom.

And you are CHEERING for it.

The fact that you don't understand that is your position just shows how much you have bought the MSM propaganda about the disease. You have been brainwashed, my friend.
Nope. Not telling you how to live at all. Since you’re a fan of caps:

I SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE NOT TO VACCINATE.

I do not support your right to enroll your unvaccinated kid/grandkids in a daycare, public school or college in a state that requires vaccines for admittance.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Nope. Not telling you how to live at all. Since you’re a fan of caps:

I SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE NOT TO VACCINATE.

I do not support your right to enroll your unvaccinated kid/grandkids in a daycare, public school or college in a state that requires vaccines for admittance.
Yes, you are against freedom. Your definition of freedom is that it is dependent on someone doing what YOU want them to do. If they do not do what YOU want them to do, you take away the freedom.

How do you not see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies