Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 02:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I can only tell that when my first grandson (now 4) was an infant that the practice had both sick and well rooms, but newborns and infants went directly into the examination room. I suppose so they would not be around older children period; well or sick.

Edit: I did read recently that Long Island has the highest vaccination refusal rate (14.2% public and private). Maybe that practice was being overly cautious.
Yes, thanks for bringing up the bold. We tried to do that, was not always possible. One time I was really peeved when I called a high schooler back for possible pertussis and I found him sitting with his mom on the well side near a baby! I usually didn't say anything even when the patients did something like that off the wall, but I did speak up and say "I thought I'd find you on the other side of the waiting room". The mom said "It's not for sure he has pertussis!" What the hey! It was for sure he was coughing!

Old 04-11-2019, 02:56 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You want to tell others how to live. You want to tell them if they aren't vaccinated, they need to have their freedom taken away.

You support the erosion of freedom.

And you are CHEERING for it.
No one has freedom when the population is diseased and decrepit.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No one has freedom when the population is diseased and decrepit.
You do not understand what is occurring. By the posts on here? You are in the majority.

Ultimately this event? Is about govt control and reduction of freedom. Triggered using an emotionally devisive topic that gets people frothing at the mouth with irrational fear.

NONE of the choice-vax/nonvaxxed people are afraid of getting ill.
ALL of the provax.vaccinated people are afraid of getting ill.
[go figure /shrug/ that should be a psych's student doctoral thesis]

ALL of the choice-vax/nonvaxxed people are afraid of losing freedom.
NONE of the provax/vaxxed people are afraid of losing freedom.

It's beginning. Frogs in the pot waiting for the slow boil. About 1% will understand.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You obviously do not understand epidemiology. I suggest this: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=epidemiol...l_8dvbovk1ci_b Unfortunately it's in German (I can't find an English version) but maybe you could find someone to translate. It's the one I think most appropriate for you..
I understand risk. And it's a 0.000007% chance on a yearly basis to get meningitis. I suggest you stop moving goalposts. I would hardly take any advice from you. You want to force mandate medical care. You care nothing about anyone's health status or freedom. Just force that needle into their arm.

Yet, that is a BIGGEST FEAR.

It's all about the fear today. Fear monger, terror, hype hype hype.

People need to come back to common sense and reality.

Oh, and freedom. Yeah. there's that.

PS. Not one peep about the fact that yes, it has been documented that measles vaccine KILLS PEOPLE?

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-11-2019 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: personal

Old 04-11-2019, 03:46 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
You do not understand what is occurring. By the posts on here? You are in the majority.

Ultimately this event? Is about govt control and reduction of freedom. Triggered using an emotionally devisive topic that gets people frothing at the mouth with irrational fear.

NONE of the choice-vax/nonvaxxed people are afraid of getting ill.
ALL of the provax.vaccinated people are afraid of getting ill.
[go figure /shrug/ that should be a psych's student doctoral thesis]

ALL of the choice-vax/nonvaxxed people are afraid of losing freedom.
NONE of the provax/vaxxed people are afraid of losing freedom.

It's beginning. Frogs in the pot waiting for the slow boil. About 1% will understand.
What freedom are you losing? Not the one not to vaccinate.

Don’t want to vaccinate?

No problem. Get a medical/religious/philosophical waiver. (All states have medical waivers).

Can’t qualify for a medical waiver? No problem. No one is going to forcibly vaccinate you or your kids.

What are you possibly afraid of losing?? NO state forcibly vaccinates. NO state is even considering doing so. If you want forgo vaccines no one can do a thing about it. If they could, how could vaccination rates be falling?

Last edited by UNC4Me; 04-11-2019 at 04:03 PM..

Old 04-11-2019, 04:40 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Be prepared to round up the entire elderly population who HAD the disease but never had the vaccine.

This is MADNESS. Absolute madness.

THe govt should NEVER BE ABLE TO DICTATE MEDICAL CARE.

EVERYONE needs to be disturbed by this, because next time? YOU may be the target of the fine.
Right. Government should be able to dictate whether someone should live or die via the death penalty, but not whether one should walk around with pestilence, infecting others, including innocent little children, with potentially fatal diseases.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:13 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Right. Government should be able to dictate whether someone should live or die via the death penalty, but not whether one should walk around with pestilence, infecting others, including innocent little children, with potentially fatal diseases.
Well who cares about kids when you're busy being worried about 0.016907 ounces of liquid in a needle for your entire paranoid life

Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Right.

This is talking about the NYC cases, Brooklyn specifically, since that is what prompted the order.

Haven't seen any data on that. Curious.

Define "complications." Is a sneeze a complication? Yes.

OMG .... order the coffins .. schedule the funerals ... kids are sneezing!!!!!!!

30% complications is a meaningless statistic to trot out.

Although I know the intent is to cause terror in those who have no idea what it means.
I have sent an email to the NYC health department. Will let you know when I hear from them.

Measles complications:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...he-bottom-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You added in “US”. I didn’t say what you’re implying. I did say that people might want to get tested for a deficiency if they get measles to be on the safe side since it’s known that having a deficiency greatly increases a persons risk of serious complications including death.

I didn’t claim that breastfeeding would prevent measles. It does have some protective factors however which will help when a baby gets sick form a VPD or a non VPD. Only about 50% of babies in the US are still nursing at 6 months of age. 30% are still nursing at age 1. People tend to think breastfeeding is weird” once the baby starts talking and walking (around the age of one) but it still has numerous protective health benefits.

Maternal antibodies don’t disappear in weeks but rather months and children who were born to mothers who had measles are protected longer then children born to mothers who have been vaccinated.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2249400/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29398276

Breastmilk has been shown to contain antibodies to measles in addition to the many other health benefits which will help them avoid complications when they get sick.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8886155
https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breast...ne-protection/
Vitamin A deficiency is rare in the US. Everyone with measles is given vitamin A without testing levels.

Yes, breast milk is good. It will not 100% prevent measles, though. It does not contain significant antibodies against measles.

Maternal antibodies are gone in about 12 weeks if mom has been vaccinated and about 8 weeks longer if she has had measles. Do you think every woman should have measles in order to provide an extra 8 weeks of passive immunity to her child? If everyone with no medical contraindication took the vaccine herd immunity would provide much better protection for that baby, and mom does not have to get sick.

Quote:
I really wonder how people think the human race evolved.

I mean, in the pre-vaccine era, according to the posters here, we'd all be dead 10x over or have horrific debilitating conditions caused by disease so we lived in agony dying at a later time. But still young of course.

How did anyone perform heavy duty farm work? Build homes? I mean they were either dead or handicapped in some way.

How to explain the fact that people actually lived during pre-vaccine eras?
Many did not live long enough to do heavy farm work or build a house. Parents not uncommonly lost multiple children in the same outbreak.

Meriwether Vindicator death notices Jan 1873-Dec 1879

Just a few obits from one small Georgia town, late 1870s:

"BANNING, little Genie, youngest child of Maj. and Mrs. J. W. Banning, died in Greenville last Saturday of measles, aged one year, one month and 24 days"

"COX, little Willie, son of Thomas and Rebecca Cox, died near Jones Mill Jan. 30th of membranous croup [diphtheria], age four years"

"ELLIS, little Mamie, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. N. Ellis, in Greenville on Thursday morning the 16th of membranous croup, aged two years, 11 months and 18 days"

"FLORENCE, Wood, little son of J. W. Florence, died last Monday of Menengitis"

"MANN, Miss Hattie, died of measles in Red Bone district last Wednesday"

"MOORE, little Lizzie, daughter of Geo. W. and Mattie A. Moore, died near Jones' Mills, on the 15th, of diphtheria, aged 5 years"

A contemporary anecdote:

https://www.vaccinestoday.eu/stories...change-a-life/

Quote:
Thanks for the scientific answer.

Luck? No.

We humans have this thing called an immune system. It works in spite of the masses here screaming at the tops of their lungs in fear that the only thing keeping us healthy is vaccines.
Vaccines work with the immune system.

Quote:
Why are you so happy freedom is being taken away?
Quote:
Be careful what you wish for. One day you might be the grandparent or great grandparent of a vaccine injured child and wonder why you were so quick to throw away your ability to choose.
Quote:
Yes, you are against freedom. Your definition of freedom is that it is dependent on someone doing what YOU want them to do. If they do not do what YOU want them to do, you take away the freedom.

How do you not see that?
Quote:
Yes, that's what you believe. You've said it again and again and again. You cheer for the death of freedom.

That is not what freedom is.

Freedom is freedom. Choice.

And doctors should treat every patient. They can't be prejudiced against them. They can't not treat because the child has been medically blackmailed.
You are both free to choose not to vaccinate.

Yes, doctors can ethically refuse to see unvaccinated patients because of the risks they pose to other patients.

Quote:
Yes it was. No question about it. She went from the dr office to the hospital when it occurred.

Sorry, no deflector here. I realize that some think vaccines never ever ever harm people.

Um. Yeah. They do.
Um, yeah, they do, but serious adverse effects are fortunately extremely rare.

If she went from the doctor's office to the hospital she had an allergic reaction to it. An allergic reaction by one family member is not a reason to avoid the vaccine by another family member. I am allergic to penicillin. My sons can take it with no problems.

Quote:
Exactly. I don’t think many people understand this. I also don’t think people understand that every single parent of a vaccine injured child was once pro vaccine. A lot of “anti-vaxxers” were once pro vaccine.
A lot of parents think their children are "vaccine injured" when they are not. That is a problem generated by the anti-vax gurus who continue to promulgate myths and misinformation about vaccines, including Wakefield and his cronies. Their meddling was instrumental in the recent measles outbreak in the Somali community in Minnesota.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8331866.html

There are just not as many "vaccine injured" children as you want to believe there are.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Yes, thanks for bringing up the bold. We tried to do that, was not always possible. One time I was really peeved when I called a high schooler back for possible pertussis and I found him sitting with his mom on the well side near a baby! I usually didn't say anything even when the patients did something like that off the wall, but I did speak up and say "I thought I'd find you on the other side of the waiting room". The mom said "It's not for sure he has pertussis!" What the hey! It was for sure he was coughing!
When younger daughter had her second child less than 2 years later, she made appointments for their wellness visits together. Both her Newborn and 2 year old were brought into the same examination room. Obviously, a newborn and toddler siblings didn't need to be "quarantined" from each other. I got recruited to be Tag Along Babysitter for their appointments together.

However, my daughter, while vaccinated as a child, never vaccinated herself during pregnancy for flu or Tdap. Obviously, Granny was exposed/had all those childhood diseases, but was never vaccinated for flu/Tdap either. Nobody ever asked us. I suppose if we didn't look sick ourselves, we were given a pass. Just imagine asking for parents/grandparents vaccination records in a Pediatric practice? Apparently, all they cared about was if the children patients were vaccinated.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:32 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
When younger daughter had her second child less than 2 years later, she made appointments for their wellness visits together. Both her Newborn and 2 year old were brought into the same examination room. Obviously, a newborn and toddler siblings didn't need to be "quarantined" from each other. I got recruited to be Tag Along Babysitter for their appointments together.

However, my daughter, while vaccinated as a child, never vaccinated herself during pregnancy for flu or Tdap. Obviously, Granny was exposed/had all those childhood diseases, but was never vaccinated for flu/Tdap either. Nobody ever asked us. I suppose if we didn't look sick ourselves, we were given a pass. Just imagine asking for parents/grandparents vaccination records in a Pediatric practice? Apparently, all they cared about was if the children patients were vaccinated.
Your daughter gets to make those choices for her children. I respect her right to do so.

My daughter is expecting her first in a few months. She sent out an email recently to grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and even a great grandparent letting them know her rules. Flu shot and current TDaP vaccine or no contact with the baby until he’s at least 6 months old and has had his 3rd pertussis vaccine.

Her kid, her choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies