Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 03:08 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/search?source...30.SePFv8FfWBU

We need to silence Dr. Jenny and Dr. Wakefield. Censor the Internet for misinformation about vaccines. Try this one. Old fashioned flyers in mailboxes! Miriam, did you get this is your mailbox? No? Maybe you should read it. Silence this woman for spreading false information to her friend? One poster on here would think she should be.

Choose to read what you choose and draw your own conclusion. No Censorship!

Old 04-12-2019, 03:11 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Real people become statistics when they are killed or injured by vaccines as well. Many of these parents of injured and dead children are not even believed and then they end up being mocked and ridiculed for being “anti-vaxxers”.
Serious adverse reactions to vaccines are rare and deaths from them virtually nonexistent. Most of those parents are victims of antivax propaganda, including every single parent who is convinced that vaccines cause autism.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:19 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Real people become statistics. Unfortunately, those who refuse vaccines may not become statistics themselves. Those they infect, including infants, may.

I understand that you do not care if you catch whooping cough and give it to a baby. It is bad enough when you do not care about your own family. It is worse when you are willing to potentially expose other families' children who are in an intensive care unit.

It does not make you look smart, and it is certainly nothing to brag about.
Keep trying, dear. Keep trying. Does not faze, or scare, the old lady. BTW, since you love statistics quote me the percentage of pregnant woman who get their Flu and TDAP vaccinations. 90% Better keep them out of the NICU around other parents babies too. I know of one; my younger daughter: Teacher SIL wasn't either. Grandson was in NICU for jaundice. Irrelevant.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:34 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Keep trying, dear. Keep trying. Does not faze, or scare, the old lady. BTW, since you love statistics quote me the percentage of pregnant woman who get their Flu and TDAP vaccinations. 90% Better keep them out of the NICU around other parents babies too. I know of one; my younger daughter: Teacher SIL wasn't either. Grandson was in NICU for jaundice. Irrelevant.
Bragging about potentially exposing other people’s fragile babies to disease. That’s a new low even for CD.

And yes, I’d be perfectly fine with hospitals having a no vaccines, no admittance policy for their NICUs. If unvaccinated parents can’t be in there nurses can step in.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:04 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Please quit lying about the rate of measles deaths. The rate in Europe in 2018 was approx. 1 per 1000 cases. The rate in 1989-91 in the US was a little more than 2 per 1000. There is no way it was 1 in 10,000 in 1953, 66 years ago now.

https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...205-story.html
https://www.bmj.com/content/364/bmj.l634

No, those are not the only newborns at risk from Hep B. Living with someone with Hep B is a big risk factor, and only the mothers are tested, not the fathers, siblings, boyfriends, other extraneous household members. See this: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/sep...-for-newborns/
"Separating Fact from Fiction in the Newborn Nursery: Hepatitis B Vaccine for Newborns"
I’m using real, verifiable numbers for measles cases and deaths in the US. I think that you’re the one who’s using manipulated numbers.

I will never agree with you that Hep B poses such a risk to newborns to warrant vaccinating all of them within 12 hours of birth.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:18 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Serious adverse reactions to vaccines are rare and deaths from them virtually nonexistent. Most of those parents are victims of antivax propaganda, including every single parent who is convinced that vaccines cause autism.
That's why more than $4 billion has been paid out to cover injuries and death.

Because serious reactions are "nonexistent."

Name one other drug that has $4 billion in liability.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m using real, verifiable numbers for measles cases and deaths in the US. I think that you’re the one who’s using manipulated numbers.

I will never agree with you that Hep B poses such a risk to newborns to warrant vaccinating all of them within 12 hours of birth.
You are using estimated numbers for the number of cases. We will never know for sure. They are not verifiable. It is ludicrous to think that the death rate increased 10X over a period of 35 years (the 1989-91 epidemic) or 60+ years later in 2018 as medical care advanced. Likewise, deaths can be coded in such a way as to inflate or deflate the number of measles deaths. Remember this was all being done by hand back then.

You are not, to the best of my knowledge, a physician or immunologist, so your opinion on Hep B is irrelevant.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-12-2019 at 04:39 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 04:32 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
You are using estimated numbers for the number of cases. We will never know for sure. They are not verifiable. It is ludicrous to think that the death rate increased 10X over a period of 35 years (the 1989-91 epidemic) as medical care advanced. Likewise, deaths can be coded in such a way as to inflate or deflate the number of measles deaths. Remember this was all being done by hand back then.

You are not, to the best of my knowledge, a physician or immunologist, so your opinion on Hep B is irrelevant.
Quite to the contrary, MissTerri's posts are consistently among the very best thought-out and referenced to appear anywhere on the CD forums. I don't know of another poster whose opinions are more relevant.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:38 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
You’re not a physician or an immunologist either. Lol.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:58 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's why more than $4 billion has been paid out to cover injuries and death.

Because serious reactions are "nonexistent."

Name one other drug that has $4 billion in liability.
Vaccines are not one "drug".

That comes to about $0.72 per dose of all the vaccines covered by the program. You are trying to make it look like vaccines are dangerous but instead you are showing how safe they are.

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/f...april-2019.pdf

Vioxx payout, $4.85 billion.

Big tobacco: $206 billion to the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies