Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 03:55 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You do know it’s not just cervical cancer? How do we protect boys when they don’t get Pap smears?
Because the vaccine was developed for strains that MAY be related to cervical cancer (boys don't have a cervix) ...

And the strains? You may or may not be exposed to. Which may or may not cause cervical cancer.

And considering that 90% of the female population has already been exposed and tests positive for HPV and there are about 4,000 deaths (out of a female population of 175 million) a year from cervical cancer?

This is one vaccine that is overwhelmingly not worth getting. The risks trump the benefits for women in the US who have access to yearly pap smears. Even my board-certified GYN thought so. Aren't I supposed to listen and do as my doctor says?

PS. The recommendation for boys is an add-on. Why not target 100% of the population instead of 50%? Brilliant marketing.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

I am terribly sorry about your son, but there is now a large body of evidence that shows vaccines do not cause autism. Has he been tested for a mitichondrial disorder?

."
Really heartfelt. Show specifically how "vaccines" do not cause autism.

Pull out each vaccine separately -- since vaccines are all separate, as you pointed out to me -- and show the multitude of studies that definitely "prove" each specific vaccine does not cause autism.

Then show studies that demonstrate how each vaccine reacts to the other vaccines and that there are no cases of autism from those drug-drug interactions.

Then let's look at some cumulative follow-up studies that demonstrate that vaccines show no history of autism.

You can't. No such studies exist.

There is no scientific proof that shows "vaccines do not cause autism." That statement is a scientific lie.

It's like saying "eating chicken does not cause choking." You can't prove that either.

Here's a list of vaccines to get you started. Make sure you also look at adjuvants, preservatives and other additives. Remember, we need evidence of INDIVIDUAL vaccines. Not "vaccines" as a group, as you pointed out.
  • Adenovirus
  • Anthrax
    • AVA (BioThrax)
  • Cholera
    • Vaxchora
  • Diphtheria
    • DTaP (Daptacel, Infanrix)
    • Td (Tenivac, generic)
    • DT (-generic-)
    • Tdap (Adacel, Boostrix)
    • DTaP-IPV (Kinrix, Quadracel)
    • DTaP-HepB-IPV (Pediarix)
    • DTaP-IPV/Hib (Pentacel)
  • Hepatitis A
    • HepA (Havrix, Vaqta)
    • HepA-HepB (Twinrix)
  • Hepatitis B
    • HepB (Engerix-B, Recombivax HB, Heplisav-B)
    • HepA-HepB (Twinrix)
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
    • Hib (ActHIB, PedvaxHIB, Hiberix)
  • Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
    • HPV9 (Gardasil 9) (For scientific papers, the preferred abbreviation is 9vHPV)
  • Seasonal Influenza (Flu) only
    • IIV* (Afluria, Fluad, Flublok, Flucelvax, FluLaval, Fluarix, Fluvirin, Fluzone, Fluzone High-Dose, Fluzone Intradermal)
      *There are various acronyms for inactivated flu vaccines – IIV3, IIV4, RIV3, RIV4 and ccIIV4.
    • LAIV (FluMist)
  • Japanese Encephalitis
    • JE (Ixiaro)
  • Measles
    • MMR (M-M-R II)
    • MMRV (ProQuad)
  • Meningococcal
    • MenACWY (Menactra, Menveo)
    • MenB (Bexsero, Trumenba)
  • Mumps
    • MMR (M-M-R II)
    • MMRV (ProQuad)
  • Pertussis
  • Pneumococcal
    • PCV13 (Prevnar13)
    • PPSV23 (Pneumovax 23)
  • Polio
    • Polio (Ipol)
  • Rabies
    • Rabies (Imovax Rabies, RabAvert)
  • Rotavirus
    • RV1 (Rotarix)
    • RV5 (RotaTeq)
  • Rubella
    • MMR (M-M-R II)
    • MMRV (ProQuad)
  • Shingles
    • ZVL (Zostavax)
    • RZV (Shingrix)
  • Smallpox
    • Vaccinia (ACAM2000):
  • Tetanus
    • Td (Tenivac, generic)
    • DT (-generic-)
  • Tuberculosis
  • Typhoid Fever
    • Typhoid Oral (Vivotif)
    • Typhoid Polysaccharide (Typhim Vi)
  • Varicella
    • VAR (Varivax)
    • MMRV (ProQuad):
  • Yellow Fever
    • YF (YF-Vax)
Oh, please make sure I haven't missed any. I'm not completely sure that there aren't any other manufacturers that might have changed, so different years might mean different kids received different vaccines. Make sure you account for that also, in both the studies that looked at the individual vaccine and the impact on the drug-drug interactions as well as cumulative effects.

PS. Bonus question for those playing:
Autism and SIDS used to be listed as a side effect for which childhood vaccine, and what year were these side effects REMOVED from the package insert?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:17 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m younger then you but also don’t remember panic over chicken pox. If this was a chicken pox outbreak in NY, I’m sure we’d be hearing the same kind of panic and hysyeria. If a vaccine for the common cold comes out, people will then panic about cold outbreaks. Things have gotten really weird.

People are more at risk driving, walking down the street, swimming, etc, then they are from these illness yet the hysteria and hatred is strong. Fear fuels hate.
If parents did not "panic" that does not mean they were never concerned.

Chickenpox and measles are not trivial diseases, hard as you are trying to make it seem as if they are.

Do you think the chickenpox and measles vaccines should be used or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There was absolutely no panic about chickenpox at all. Ever. It's a total myth. Ask anyone born in the 1970s/1980s before the vaccine was available. It went around school every year in elementary grades. By end of elementary school pretty much all kids had gotten it.

No freaked out. Ever. EVER.

Revisionist history to fear monger + sell products.

ADD: I predict in about 5 years we will hear about a "chickenpox outbreak" and the fear mongering will be exactly like it is right now. Threat of forced vaccines. Closing public spaces to those who are unvaccinated. Politicians making big speeches and fines for those who do not comply. Eh, maybe 3 years?? It's coming, no doubt about it.

For a disease that NO ONE was scared of. Ever.
It does not matter whether anyone was "scared" or not. Chickenpox can have severe complications and occasionally kills. It is not a trivial disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I agree with your prediction. I also don’t remember people freaking out over the flu or HPV prior to those vaccines coming out. Fear sells.
I do not know that anyone is "freaking out" over flu or HPV now.

Quote:
My GYN was PISSED about the HPV.

He said it was completely unnecessary in the US, as a yearly pap would indicate cancer more effectively than relying on a "vaccine."

He had to test every single patient, and then call every single patient, and he said about 90% of patients are positive at any given time. And that giving the vaccine here would cause women to think that they were automatically protected and then stop coming in for regular visits for cancer screening--pap.

He said the whole HPV fear mongering/vaccine issue was an absolute waste of resources. He went on a total rant about it.

He did say he felt it would be useful in third world countries where women do not have regular GYN care and do not get pap smears.
The board may want to revoke his certification, since he seems to be very ignorant about HPV associated cancers. The vaccine is almost 100% effective in preventing the strains associated with 90% of HPV caused cancers, a considerable percentage of which cannot be diagnosed with a Pap smear, like the anal cancer that killed actress Farrah Fawcett.

Patients are advised to continue Pap smears, though testing for HPV itself is an alternative to the Pap.

Prevention is always better than diagnosis (which is imperfect) and treatment.

From ACOG:

https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidan...us-Vaccination

"It is crucial that obstetrician–gynecologists and other health care providers educate parents and patients on the benefits and safety of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination and offer HPV vaccines in their offices."

Quote:
Chickenpox? Was a nonevent. Except it happened each year and not one person panicked about it.

Not. One. Person. Scared. Ever.
You do not think that parents of children who were hospitalized with chickenpox might not have been a teensy bit scared? Maybe because their child had a superimposed infection with flesh eating bacteria or was on a ventilator with pneumonia? How about the parents of the children who died? Not a bit "panicked", right?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Serious adverse reactions to vaccines are rare and deaths from them virtually nonexistent. Most of those parents are victims of antivax propaganda, including every single parent who is convinced that vaccines cause autism.
Yeah! Vaccines couldn't possibly be causing autism; since autism is strongly correlated with an atypical immune response & vaccines effect an immune response which is atypical from infection ...

Quote:
Frontiers in Cell Neuroscience, 2018 Nov 13:

Many players in the immune-ASD puzzle may be mechanistically contributing to pathogenesis of these disorders, including skewed cytokine responses, differences in total numbers and frequencies of immune cells and their subsets, neuroinflammation, and adaptive and innate immune dysfunction, as well as altered levels of immunoglobulin and the presence of autoantibodies which have been found in a substantial number of individuals with ASD. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6242891/
... Silly antivaxxers! Where do they come up with these crazy ideas?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yeah! Vaccines couldn't possibly be causing autism; since autism is strongly correlated with an atypical immune response & vaccines effect an immune response which is atypical from infection ...

... Silly antivaxxers! Where do they come up with these crazy ideas?
Autism and SIDS were included in package inserts as side effects for vaccines.

Wonder why they were removed?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
If parents did not "panic" that does not mean they were never concerned.

Chickenpox and measles are not trivial diseases, hard as you are trying to make it seem as if they are.
You are missing the boat, the port, and the entire eastern seaboard.

The diseases are not nearly as threatening as the media, the politicians and posters are making them out to be.

The level of fear you are indulging, accepting, personifying and now throwing up all over everyone else is not remotely representative of the disease.

No one was AFRAID of chickenpox. No one RAN TERRIFIED about it. No one was DEMANDING others be quarantined. You got it, you got sick, you got better, you went back to school, and that was that. No one was concerned. Not really.

Because NO ONE WAS SCARED. And yes I'm using caps. It's as if you don't comprehend the words others are typing to you. You are beyond terrified, it is clear in every post.

I think the question is: Why do you want everyone else to be so terrified and paralyzed by fear? The fear is worse than the disease.

It's quite stunning.

Are you looking forward to further mandatory fines for other vaccines? Probably.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:01 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Because the vaccine was developed for strains that MAY be related to cervical cancer (boys don't have a cervix) ...

And the strains? You may or may not be exposed to. Which may or may not cause cervical cancer.

And considering that 90% of the female population has already been exposed and tests positive for HPV and there are about 4,000 deaths (out of a female population of 175 million) a year from cervical cancer?

This is one vaccine that is overwhelmingly not worth getting. The risks trump the benefits for women in the US who have access to yearly pap smears. Even my board-certified GYN thought so. Aren't I supposed to listen and do as my doctor says?

PS. The recommendation for boys is an add-on. Why not target 100% of the population instead of 50%? Brilliant marketing.
Wrong. It was developed for ALL cancers related to 2 strains of HPV. Almost half of the 42,700 cases of cancer diagnosed yearly related to HPV are in MEN.

And what do you care anyway? You’re not going to get the vaccine. It doesn’t effect you in the least if others chose to do so.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Wrong. It was developed for ALL cancers related to 2 strains of HPV. Almost half of the 42,700 cases of cancer diagnosed yearly related to HPV are in MEN.

And what do you care anyway? You’re not going to get the vaccine. It doesn’t effect you in the least if others chose to do so.
Until it becomes part of the mandatory vaccines and fines. People seriously need to open their eyes.

1. Voluntary
2. Required for school/work
3. Get a fine if you don't have it <= this is where we are now
4. Mandatory vaccination

So yes, I care very much about it. Because it will affect me at some point.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:20 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Until it becomes part of the mandatory vaccines and fines. People seriously need to open their eyes.

1. Voluntary
2. Required for school/work
3. Get a fine if you don't have it <= this is where we are now
4. Mandatory vaccination

So yes, I care very much about it. Because it will affect me at some point.
Other people getting vaccines doesn’t have a darn thing to do with A, B or C. D is a slippery slope fantasy. In fact the people who get vaccinated protect YOU against further legislation. More people getting vaccinated protects from outbreaks and decreases the chance of additional pressure on legislators to do something to stop them.

You’re fighting the wrong people. You should be encouraging everyone who can to be vaccinated. They then maintain herd immunity so your being vaccinated doesn’t matter.

Instead you’re campaigning against people who vaccinate their kids and encouraging anti vax views. How’s that working out for you in NYC?? Did you get the result you wanted?

Last edited by UNC4Me; 04-15-2019 at 07:14 PM..

Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Really heartfelt. Show specifically how "vaccines" do not cause autism.

Oh, please make sure I haven't missed any. I'm not completely sure that there aren't any other manufacturers that might have changed, so different years might mean different kids received different vaccines. Make sure you account for that also, in both the studies that looked at the individual vaccine and the impact on the drug-drug interactions as well as cumulative effects.

PS. Bonus question for those playing:
Autism and SIDS used to be listed as a side effect for which childhood vaccine, and what year were these side effects REMOVED from the package insert?
Really? You want to include the smallpox vaccine on your list, even though no one in the world vaccinates against smallpox any more, because it has been eradicated from the face of the earth - by vaccination? Rabies? Shingles? Typhoid? Not on the childhood schedule.

It is not necessary to do what you think is needed to show vaccines do not cause autism. It is time to stop wasting money on autism & vaccines studies and move on. The time and resources are better spent elsewhere.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814559

"The cohort data revealed no relationship between vaccination and autism (OR: 0.99; 95% CI: 0.92 to 1.06) or ASD (OR: 0.91; 95% CI: 0.68 to 1.20), nor was there a relationship between autism and MMR (OR: 0.84; 95% CI: 0.70 to 1.01), or thimerosal (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.77 to 1.31), or mercury (Hg) (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.93 to 1.07). Similarly the case-control data found no evidence for increased risk of developing autism or ASD following MMR, Hg, or thimerosal exposure when grouped by condition (OR: 0.90, 95% CI: 0.83 to 0.98; p=0.02) or grouped by exposure type (OR: 0.85, 95% CI: 0.76 to 0.95; p=0.01). Findings of this meta-analysis suggest that vaccinations are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder. Furthermore, the components of the vaccines (thimerosal or mercury) or multiple vaccines (MMR) are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder."

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2...e-cohort-study

"During 5 025 754 person-years of follow-up, 6517 children were diagnosed with autism (incidence rate, 129.7 per 100 000 person-years). Comparing MMR-vaccinated with MMR-unvaccinated children yielded a fully adjusted autism hazard ratio of 0.93 (95% CI, 0.85 to 1.02). Similarly, no increased risk for autism after MMR vaccination was consistently observed in subgroups of children defined according to sibling history of autism, autism risk factors (based on a disease risk score) or other childhood vaccinations, or during specified time periods after vaccination."

A list of more studies:
http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4026.pdf

And more:

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...-Evidence.aspx

And more:

https://autismsciencefoundation.org/...-and-vaccines/

Argument by package insert:

https://thelogicofscience.com/2017/0...nsert-paradox/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies