Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 08:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
My 15 year old son has had a low-grade fever every day of his life since he received his first Hep B shot. He has had an itchy rash every day of his life since his 24 month immunizations.

His arms will have an eczema-like rash about 50% of the time. His torso has a pox like rash 100% of the time. His face has the “hand slap”/Fifth Disease rash 100% of the time, despite never having had Fifth Disease. Twice since he was 13, he has had to have surgery for peri-rectal abscesses that culture positive for multiple viruses & bacteria. Even his scalp develops itchy patches that bleed when scratched, about 75% of the time. Sometimes his clothing becomes unbearable for him & he tears it off of himself like The Hulk. Denim jeans, leather shoes, about 30 shirts & multiple pairs of socks have been ripped to shreds with his bare hands.

This is life everyday for him but he can’t even complain; thanks to the autism that began when his rashes did. He has paradoxical behavior when he’s in pain (giggling & laughing) & he has paradoxical reactions to anesthesia (requires 3 security guards during transport from recovery room to pediatric ward).

My own arms & hands are covered in my own dried blood right now from defending myself from this now 6’3”, 220lb 15 year old who today had the scalp, arms, face & torso rash & is probably dealing with severe discomfort that he cannot even say; “Please help me” for.

I would much rather he have had just a few days of misery, compared to this.
A fever every day of his life does need to be evaluated. Presumably this has been going on for 15 years? Not sure what shots he got at 24 months, that's not on the schedule. He needs a work up for his eczema as well. If you can't find a good doctor in Colorado Springs, there are a lot of them in Denver.

Hep B can be a lifetime of misery with cirrhosis of the liver and/or skin cancer.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:18 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
My previous post was correct then. You would have been the one and only kid in my neighborhood hiding inside from all of us other kids who were running, biking, swimming and playing getting the chicken pox over and done with. You think you were so much smarter to wait and hope that you got it older so you could increase your risk of complications, including death. Who’s idea was crazier? Without a doubt, yours.
Kookoo logic leads to epidemics.

Quote:
New York, New Jersey and Illinois say anyone returning from having direct contact with Ebola patients in West Africa will have to be quarantined for 21 days. The 21-day period marks the maximum incubation period for Ebola.
https://www.cnn.com/2014/10/27/healt...rsy/index.html

Old 04-16-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
1980s? LOL. You really are a young one. When I was teaching (an adult) in the late 80s/early 90s it was a big deal. We didn't panic but we did send children home immediately at the first sign of chicken pox and we did worry about an outbreak in our class. We didn't hold "chicken pox parties" and treat chicken pox as some sort of right of passage. Same thing when I was a child. Nobody wanted them. When we came down with them we were kept home, secluded from our playmates. I know when I had them I had no desire at all to play with my neighborhood pals. I felt SICK.
My oldest started K in 1989, that's how it was at her school too. Plus, my kids were in day care before that; ditto. This idea that 80s parents just blew off chickenpox is ridiculous in the true meaning of the word, worthy of ridicule.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A lot of parents are forced to have their children vaccinated against their will due to the need to send them to school so they can have an education and th parents can go to work and be able to afford to put a roof over their heads and food ot he table. You can’t seem to grasp this is not true choice.
The true choice is whether the child would rather have a vaccination or an illness that could lead to severe complications.

You are also missing the choice for other children who cannot get the vaccination due to medical reasons and are exposed to this serious illness because third world mentality think pox parties is a medical intervention.

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
How many of the younger adults on here does this apply to?

https://www.thisisinsider.com/can-yo...cinated-2019-4

Is NYC going to check these people's vaccination records as well? Do you know how many vaccinations you got? My daughters are in this age group and live on Long Island. I/they do not have their childhood records.

All this is getting totally insane.
I noticed the article never said whether he did or did not get the vaccine as a child. Interesting omission.

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Were you terrified everyone was going to die?

Did half the class come back disabled and disfigured?

Were there demands to quarantine the whole town + fines if people disobeyed?

Or did people just deal with it, make up the work they missed, and move on, a nonevent?

Uh, nobody I know WANTS to be sick. But it's not the terror-filled-fear-mongering-death -and-disfigurement-complications-everybody-PANIC-PANIC-PANIC-mode that the media and the CDC and certain posters pretending to be "medical" professionals are calling it out to be.

The reality is not even close to what is being portrayed.

Wait till the chickenpox outbreak and the calls for quarantine and mandatory vaccinations. Completely overreaching and convincing a brainwashed population with terror for a harmless childhood illness.
Today measles, chicken pox, and whooping cough. Someday it WILL be the Flu as well. As a old lady, I hope I don't live to see that day. The Universal Flu vaccine is being tested. When that is approved, the fear factor to vaccinate will ramp up as we see these others today. HPV vaccination is only in the beginning stages of the media blitz. Not enough children getting vaccinated so up the age to include adults as well.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What parent would let their child, that is ill with Chicken pox, out to play with other children? What universe is that?
Smart parents. The 1970’s. USA.

Quote:
Would you intentionally expose your child to Ebola so that they could get "immunity" for it?

https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/histor...eak/index.html
Ebola is not chicken pox. Terrible comparison.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
My 15 year old son has had a low-grade fever every day of his life since he received his first Hep B shot. He has had an itchy rash every day of his life since his 24 month immunizations.

His arms will have an eczema-like rash about 50% of the time. His torso has a pox like rash 100% of the time. His face has the “hand slap”/Fifth Disease rash 100% of the time, despite never having had Fifth Disease. Twice since he was 13, he has had to have surgery for peri-rectal abscesses that culture positive for multiple viruses & bacteria. Even his scalp develops itchy patches that bleed when scratched, about 75% of the time. Sometimes his clothing becomes unbearable for him & he tears it off of himself like The Hulk. Denim jeans, leather shoes, about 30 shirts & multiple pairs of socks have been ripped to shreds with his bare hands.

This is life everyday for him but he can’t even complain; thanks to the autism that began when his rashes did. He has paradoxical behavior when he’s in pain (giggling & laughing) & he has paradoxical reactions to anesthesia (requires 3 security guards during transport from recovery room to pediatric ward).

My own arms & hands are covered in my own dried blood right now from defending myself from this now 6’3”, 220lb 15 year old who today had the scalp, arms, face & torso rash & is probably dealing with severe discomfort that he cannot even say; “Please help me” for.

I would much rather he have had just a few days of misery, compared to this.
Sorry for all you’ve been through with your son. I’m also sorry that people are so quick to dismiss your experience as well as others who have had children with severe vaccine injuries. One day maybe they will be the parent or grandparent of a vaccine injured child and only then will they understand after being ridiculed and dismissed what a rigged system it is.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Best wishes for your husband's procedure and recovery.

Again, I had a neighborhood home daycare while my children were little, it took 3 months for chicken pox to work it's way through all 12 children, with a new one breaking out every Friday. None were so sick that their parents kept them home. No one was trying to get their child infected but no one ran away terrified either. Kids get sick. How would you know if your child was exposed, anywhere? Chicken pox was better than a nasty cold or stomach virus because once you got it, you wouldn't get it again. And how lucky they were that they knew I could take care of their kids when they were sick, either letting them cuddle up on the couch or let them sleep in a bedroom, they didn't have to take a week off work, which sounds like that was one of your concerns.

You're trying to insult and ridicule me and how we handled things before the vaccines were available, you even earlier tried to mock the parents and calling them ignorant, including the medical equipment rep (!) - he helped in the NICU areas of the hospitals. I had a waiting list a mile long of people who wanted me to watch their children in a loving home atmosphere instead of dropping them off at an institutional day care center.

All we are asking some of you to do is stop the fear mongering and name calling. We're just trying to share what we experienced.

And all 12 kids were fully vaxxed, except my 1 year old, who had the bad reaction to her first shots.
Thank you for your concern about my husband!

I just posted above how it was in the day cares I used in the 1980s, as well as posting the info previously.

A medical equipment rep likely knows nothing about immunology. One who works in the NICU would likely know nothing about chickenpox. What a strange appeal to authority. If I want health care information, I'm sure not going to ask an equipment rep. My brother, a history major, used to interview potential drug reps. I was so unimpressed with these guys (mostly) that I asked him:
1. Do you have to be a college graduate to be a drug rep? Answer-YES
2. Then, does the degree have to be in science? Answer-NO

Yeah, right. That's why at least a couple of you try to discredit everyone who has any kind of health care background, including people with advanced degrees in immunology.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I've given you facts. You've discounted the facts.

This is a pattern in these conversations. You've asked for facts and I've provided them. You don't like them, so you ignore them. Then claim I am being emotional. It's a nice tactic but it doesn't work.

Here are some facts:

1. Insurers give bonuses to physicians who vaccinate certain percents of their populations. The higher the percent, the better.

2. It has become a financial issue in physician offices. It's in their financial interest to drop unvaxxed patients. And to convince patients-parents to get vaccines because financially, they get a bonus.

3. The govt has stepped in 2x in the last month to penalize unvaccinated people, banning them from public spaces and instituting a fine if they dare go outside.

4. In California, there is a bill RIGHT NOW that will eliminate medical exemptions for school children unless approved by a government official. They are removing the doctor-patient-parent part of medical choice. The child's healthcare -- vaccination-- will be up to a govt bureaurocrat. So if parents want their kids to go to public school they and their doctor will no longer be allowed in that medical decision. It's up to govt. If govt says get the shot? Parents have no choice.

5. More healthcare employers are demanding flu vaccines or employees will get fired.

6. According to ClinicalTrials.gov, there are 2,308 clinical trials for vaccines right now that are recruiting, getting ready to recruit, active, and unknown status. 2308 trials right now ... for more vaccines or additional indications. I eliminated trials that were ended/suspended/terminated form the search (bumped it to more than 8,000, BTW).

Those are facts. I understand you will attempt to discount them because you don't like them. Open your eyes.
Nothing you state above removes your choice to decline or accept a vaccine. The only thing that can do that is legislation that allows for forcible vaccination.

Do you have a link to such? If not, no one is trying to take away your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies