Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 05:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I’m not sure how I feel about enforcing vaccination in this situation — to be clear, though, I am very pro-vaccine. At the very least, anyone at risk should be immediately sequestered, even involuntarily if necessary.
There is precendent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts "Jacobson vs Massachusetts" 1905, SCOTUS. Vaccine mandates are constitutional. Never overturned, has been used to uphold other mandatory vaccine laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Be prepared to round up the entire elderly population who HAD the disease but never had the vaccine.

This is MADNESS. Absolute madness.

THe govt should NEVER BE ABLE TO DICTATE MEDICAL CARE.

EVERYONE needs to be disturbed by this, because next time? YOU may be the target of the fine.
Don't be ridiculous. Everyone born before 1957 is considered immune. There is no need to vaccinate them. I reiterate, "Jacobson vs Massachusetts" 1905, SCOTUS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

Old 04-09-2019, 05:16 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Did you drop out of high school or something
Which point did you take issue with?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There is precendent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts "Jacobson vs Massachusetts" 1905, SCOTUS. Vaccine mandates are constitutional. Never overturned, has been used to uphold other mandatory vaccine laws.

Don't be ridiculous. Everyone born before 1957 is considered immune. There is no need to vaccinate them. I reiterate, "Jacobson vs Massachusetts" 1905, SCOTUS.
A smallpox epidemic where A LOT of people died vs an outbreak of a what was once a common and relatively benign childhood illness where as of yet, no one has died. Can you not see how these two cases are different?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:21 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
And what happens to people if they resist?

Are they killed?

Keep in mind to never resist authority as the the state owns your body. The government knows what is best for you. They would never lie or mislead you. Failure to comply will result in becoming Soylent Green.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:22 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Did you even read the story or just the headlines? The story had nothing to do with the kid being taken away to be vaccinated. A doctor asked the authorities to do a welfare check after the parents failed to show up at the the hospital after the doctor saw him, was concerned about his condition and thought his condition warranted further investigation. They agreed and then failed to arrive at the hospital by later that day. Then they doubled down on their stupidity by refusing to allow a welfare check to take place. Authorities had no idea if the kid was dead or alive and gravely ill. All they had to do was open the door. Both parents were ultimately charged with child abuse.
Did yo read the story? Do you understand the timeline of what happened and the communication between the mom and the doctor?

Did you know that the child no longer was sick?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Did the mayor say anyone who is "immune"?

No. Any "unvaccinated" person.

How can anyone prove it? Do you carry a certified and state-approved copy of your immunization records?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
To post #40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They put RFID chips in the vaccines.
So it's true that people opposed to vaccines believe in all sorts of conspiracy theories! (Actually, I figured that out before the research came out, just from the posters here on CD who oppose vaccines.)
https://khn.org/morning-breakout/vie...ng-screenings/

Forgive me if you're actually being sarcastic, but considering your OP, I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
1st MMR shot is not given until a child is 11 months to a year I believe so there are many babies around that are not vaccinated due to their age... Also, it usually takes two doses to work and the 2nd MMR is not given until the age of at least 4 so you have a lot of little people who while are on their way to being vaccinated are not fully because of their age....
The first dose of MMR is recommended at 12-15 months. The second dose is usually given at age 4-6 (prior to preschool or K entry) but can be given any time at least one month after the first. In an outbreak, babies as young as 6 months can be vaccinated, but they have to be vaccinated again at age 12-15 months as if they hadn't been vaccinated at all. Vaccinating that early only provides temporary immunity.

Quote:
Explain how transmission of typhoid in the late 1800s is exactly the same as measles transmission in 2019.

Cite medical and scientific sources. Cite hygiene and sanitation practices in commercial kitchens. Cite regulations for food manufacturers, farmers, Big Ag, as well as the beef and poultry industry. Cite health regulations for practices in your local grocery and butcher shop.

Add in clean water, sewer systems, handwashing practices and basic common sense. Let me know when you have thoroughly researched it.

You know NOTHING.
Oh, it's totally different. Measles is transmitted by the airborne route. It is the most contagious disease on earth. If a person with measles is in an area for 15 minutes, the measles virus will remain in the air for two hours. 90% of non-immune people who are exposed will get the disease. Food manufacturers, farmers (unless they are getting up close and personal and have measles) Big Ag, as well as the beef and poultry industry have nothing to do with measles. Health regulations for practices in local groceries and butcher shops have nothing to do with measles either. Nor does clean water, sewer systems, or even handwashing practices have anything to do with measles transmission. There is no such thing as basic common sense, as many CD posters have proven. Hint: It was an analogy!

Old 04-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Why haven't they closed the airports?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:32 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Did yo read the story? Do you understand the timeline of what happened and the communication between the mom and the doctor?

Did you know that the child no longer was sick?
The timeline is as exactly as I stated in my post. Parents saw the doc. Doc was concerned about the child’s condition and wanted him taken to the hospital for further evaluation. Parents agreed they would take him. Later the doc finds out kid was never taken to the hospital. Asks for a welfare check because he had no clue if the kid was still sick, better or dead. Parents refuse to open the door to allow police to see kid was ok.

Failure to communicate/act isn’t on anyone but the parents.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
To post #40.

Oh, it's totally different. Measles is transmitted by the airborne route. It is the most contagious disease on earth. If a person with measles is in an area for 15 minutes, the measles virus will remain in the air for two hours. 90% of non-immune people who are exposed will get the disease. Food manufacturers, farmers (unless they are getting up close and personal and have measles) Big Ag, as well as the beef and poultry industry have nothing to do with measles. Health regulations for practices in local groceries and butcher shops have nothing to do with measles either. Nor does clean water, sewer systems, or even handwashing practices have anything to do with measles transmission. There is no such thing as basic common sense, as many CD posters have proven. Hint: It was an analogy!
https://www.metro.us/new-york/new-yo...--dofpRFcjvOcg

Records obtained by Metro show New York City schools had a 98 percent overall vaccination rate for the 2014-2015 school year, with 930,153 students vaccinated out of a total of 949,384 students.

Almost 100% vaccination rate ... so why the panic????

Everyone is already vaccinated. What are they so terrified of???

98 percent vaccination rate ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies