Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 02:04 PM

24,483 posts, read 33,188,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It’s been done..
I would say more like it's been ruined! (Music, if you can call it that now.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 02:17 PM

17,930 posts, read 27,339,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Plus Farrakhan spoke at his funeral . That is pretty telling .

Not a peep from the liberal Jewish Mayor of L.A .
Haha actually the worthless scumbag racist anti-Semitic Farrakhan didn't speak at his funeral.

He was speaking for Nipsey Russel, as he said the name at least three times and also said he did NOT misspeak.

For a worthless scumbag racist anti-Semitic, he at least has some standards Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I still listen to music but hey, that's just me.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:19 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,078,274 times
The utter adulation this guy is receiving is over the top . He has done some things to give back to the neighborhood but my God, Obama writing a tribute letter. How many tributes do our fallen soldiers get ? Or fallen law enforcement? Not a huge extravaganza like this. How about having a huge tribute to all these other fallen people and their families. Thank goodness he wasn’t killed by a white guy or LA would be destroyed by now with riots. It’s sad he was gunned down ironically by one of his own neighborhood people, and may he Rest In Peace.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:30 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,082,700 times
Quote:
Your speaking from a position of willful ignorance though. Like I could show you, but I doubt you’d be open minded about it.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,344,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Haha actually the worthless scumbag racist anti-Semitic Farrakhan didn't speak at his funeral.

He was speaking for Nipsey Russel, as he said the name at least three times and also said he did NOT misspeak.

For a worthless scumbag racist anti-Semitic, he at least has some standards Ha!

Funny part is he said his name wrong , yet the Nipsey fans thought it was cute and endearing .
Also saw a clip of another rapper speaking.. YG , cursing a bunch . Seemed to be pretty trashy at a funeral .

Embarrassing how the mayor of the city and the police chief was celebrating this whole s show .

Fact is that the mayor and LAPD have been criticized by Black Lives Matter and they tried to use this to score brownie points but reality is they will never have respect for the police .

Even during the funeral they were spray painting and jumping on a police car , maybe multiple police cars and LAPD just sat back and let them destroy

Old 04-13-2019, 05:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,344,196 times
So much for diversity ...

“The black community in Los Angeles creates popular culture, Harris-Dawson said, and Hussle saw that “our community ought to benefit from that culture.””

https://la.curbed.com/2019/4/12/1830...slauson-square

Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Your speaking from a position of willful ignorance though. Like I could show you, but I doubt you’d be open minded about it.
I would say it's more like the opposite.

There is an obvious difference between music in general 50 years ago and "music" now.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I still listen to music, too. Just not modern music.

I have the radio station "KSURF" (1260 AM) on quite frequently; they play '50s, '60s and early-'70s music.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:21 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:

There is an obvious difference between music in general 50 years ago and "music" now.
Does that really mean anything though?...music that is popular and cool right now, is NOT going to be popular 15-20 yrs from now, it will be something much different by then, and so on and so on.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:10 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,082,700 times
Quote:

I agree to an extent. Because Ive been around the music industry. And it seems like most music is “manufactured”
Not because of how its made or what style is out, but because corporations tend to just wanna take what sounds good and replicate it and dumb it down for the masses.

Look at the difference between anything with radio play and anything that wont see the radio waves.

HipHop/rock etc is not immune to commercialization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies