Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 04:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times

Advertisements

Truly amazing.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ece81e13ca95

He admits that this is something that is pervasive and has been for many decades....
"describes seminaries that became filled during that period with “homosexual cliques.”

but gives the reason as "the secularization of the West..(and) the 1960s sexual revolution".....

Damn....I was a hippie having fun and now it is my fault that Priests are abusing children!

Of course, data and documents trace these crimes back many centuries....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30040587

"RCC developed a culture of secrecy using clandestine organizational management models and institutional laws prescribed in 1568, 1622, 1741, 1866, 1922, and 1962 which aimed to manage cCSA. The current study traces reported cCSA as far back as the first century and critically examines the organizational laws, and institutional policies developed by RCC to address clerical sexual misconduct up to the end of the 19th century."

Yet it's all because of Birth Control Pills now?

Someone needs to educate the Church on the roaring 20's, the gay 90's and many other libertine periods in our history. Heck, he needs to be told about Jefferson, Hamilton and Franklin!

Looking around I see this talking point has been picked up by the Church as a echo chamber thing....even though it has little truth to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 04:37 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
The catholic church needs to seriously get some PR firms to give them a hand. I'm not a catholic, but if I were running the show that would be seriously the first thing I'd do.

Learn some BS talking points, don't deviate from the script, memorize it and stick to it.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:39 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Typical lying politician, blame anyone but those who caused the problem. They should be ashamed to call themselves servants of God.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The catholic church needs to seriously get some PR firms to give them a hand. I'm not a catholic, but if I were running the show that would be seriously the first thing I'd do.

Learn some BS talking points, don't deviate from the script, memorize it and stick to it

Seems they've done a good job of that. How many predator priests are in prison where they belong?

Old 04-11-2019, 04:45 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Seems they've done a good job of that. How many predator priests are in prison where they belong?
I was thinking more along the lines of general public PR.

In some effort to try and salvage the "brand"

Old 04-11-2019, 04:59 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,385,367 times
No. No. No. there is no acceptable excuse for the catholic church hierarchy harboring and protecting pedophile priests for decades . UGH. ugh......

Old 04-11-2019, 05:02 PM

1,022 posts, read 773,850 times
I blame the catholic church that has been raping kids for decades and decades and decades and so much worse

Old 04-11-2019, 05:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No. No. No. there is no acceptable excuse for the catholic church harboring and protecting pedophile priests for decades . UGH. ugh......
Centuries. Millenia. Let's at least get that right.

This is from the US National Institute of Health.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30040587

"The current study traces reported cCSA as far back as the first century and critically examines the organizational laws, and institutional policies developed by RCC to address clerical sexual misconduct up to the end of the 19th century."

So that study is over at least 1800 years! It would be safe to say from Day One until today and as far into the future as it is allowed to go. And, given current governance, it will continue virtually forever.

As you well know, the customer is always right and people vote with their feet. As long as 1.2 billion people belong they will be Golden no matter what they do.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,860 times
its my belief that the priest suffer from an "obsession" just as i used to suffer from the obsession the use drugs...

i believe the sex offending priests try to do "gods work" as a way to redeem themselves because of the guilt from their obsession...
the catholic church needs to allow married couples to be priests plain and simple...i was raised a catholic and believe it or not i was grateful in my early recovery for merely being a drug addict and NOT a child molester addict...

not condoning behavior simply putting it in human terms

Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Learn some BS talking points, don't deviate from the script, memorize it and stick to it.
They dont need it! In my area, most of the larger parishes that have schools are doing very well, some even have waiting lists for enrollment!

This tells me ALOT of parents are totally fine with sending their kids to a catholic school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies