Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:59 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
A "Becky". This is the first I have heard of this term. Definitely racist and insulting. Seems a strange word to use for people who claim that they believe that nobody should be demeaned for their gender or ethnicity.
SJWs don't believe that, at least not for all genders and ethnicities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The key is, if you are white or black and opening an Asian eatery....Call it "Asian" or "New Fusion Asian" or something like that. That way you can charge more money and serve smaller portions.

Can you tell I'm in marketing???

We live in New England for much of the year and so have have Pepes and such in the area...even made 90 minute pilgrimages to New Haven. The original Vermont Flatbread served at the Farm near Sugarbush was quite the bomb too....

Currently, my fav is made by a couple - she is "real" Italian and he is French. They know EVERY customer by name, even if you go in 3X a year! They only make pizza two days a week.......and it has a crust that is like the best chewy Italian bread (moist, high gluten).

If one knows by eye, the look of the pie tells a lot.

OK, I'll give away the secret but you have to up in the Newport RI area.....

If any red blooded italian looks at those pics and does not agree this if the Right Stuff I'm personally kicking you out of the Knights of Columbus!

https://www.villagehearthbakerycafe.com/pizza-night/
Good pics. Now I'm jonesing for some pie.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
I'm going to NYC this summer. Will try to check it out. Less 'heavy' Chinese food sounds good to me. Regardless, not sure what the outrage is about. I think people have become too sensitive.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:35 AM

9,971 posts, read 5,667,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I first heard the term in the mid-90's. It's kinda like the n-word in that how and by whom it's used it can either be racist or not.

It's essentially "yuppy white girl"
Around here they're called Trixies. Their boyfriend counterparts are called Chads.

Trixies are known to drive Jettas sporting a Loeber Motors license plate bracket.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:43 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

Hey look, the SJWs are upset about something; must be a day ending in "y."
Hey look, the trumpettes have nothing better to do than stalk SJW articles. They learned to distract from their leaders failures.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:46 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Is it also culturally insensitive if they serve actual chicken instead of cat?
Depends on who you ask.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Hey look, the trumpettes have nothing better to do than stalk SJW articles. They learned to distract from their leaders failures.
I despise Trump and think MAGAs are trash, but SJWs are a blight and an embarrassment.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I'm as far from being a "trumpette" as you can get but I don't see a problem with pointing out some of the looniness of the left. Looniness should be called out whether it's from the right or the left.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I can't keep up with what outrages the SJW's of the world?

i doubt there is anything that DOESNT trigger an SJW given their lack of tolerance towards anyone that doesnt see the world the way they do.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:05 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
I'm a Chinese American. California native, lived in NYC in the past.

Look, restaurant food in general isn't made to be healthy - and that's applicable to a lot of cuisines and eateries of all sorts. A lot of Chinese restaurant (especially takeout) food (which is a part of the NYC culture) is generally salt, sugar and oil laden because it tastes good and it's relatively cheap. It has little resemblence to what most Chinese folks eat at home.

I don't have any problem with her opening this shop. Let the market decide. Unfortunately she kind of stepped into a ****storm with her marketing efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies