Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
That makes about as much sense as saying "toxic masculinity" means all aspects of masculinity are toxic.
That's a good point, if unintentionally made. The term "toxic masculinity" is in fact used to criticize all traditionally masculine behavior, just as the term "white supremacy" is used against all white people and the societies they have built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 07:25 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfbI8hRJ5U0

How many times can the "honest, balanced" PBS Newshour use the words "hate" and "white" in a single 10-minute piece? I kept count.

hate - 27

white - 15

The message: white people hate, so you should hate white people.
They don't really want you to hate white people. What they want to do is create division.

Because white people and POCs working together is a threat to the powers that be.

So they need to keep POCs absolutely terrified of white people. And they need to encourage white people to be more racist that they actually are, and employ reverse psychology tactics to do so.

It's the aftermath of Bacon's Rebellion all over again.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:41 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
"It's the economy stupid". That campaign phrase really sums up what everything is really all about. It's competition over the allocation of scarce and or productive resources, money, power, etc, etc.

How are whites loosing? I see whites doing a lot of complaining about how they are now the most discriminated group, how there are all these double standards, how hate crime is now against them....but when I double check who is running the economy, the banks, the politics, the jobs.....its disproportionately whites....STILL!!!

You all are the crybaby-est people. You control every fricking thing and yet you are complaining....over BS like...."why can't we say the N word while blacks can". Is it that you all just want TOTAL and ABSOLUTE control and want to be able to go anywhere and do anything that anyone else can do, regardless of the situation those other people have endured? You want all the money. You want all the land. You want all the resources, etc. To top that all off.....you don't want any criticism of what you do and the impact of what you have done upon others.
Like given them a technologically advanced civilization to enjoy?

Old 04-11-2019, 10:09 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's a good point, if unintentionally made. The term "toxic masculinity" is in fact used to criticize all traditionally masculine behavior, just as the term "white supremacy" is used against all white people and the societies they have built.
You remind me of our dullard president who just recently told the French president that George Washington should of named his home compound after himself cause if you don't put your name on it, you aren't remembered. You know where this is going, yes? Have you ever heard of Washington DC. Do you know where that is and what it is exactly? I won't hold my breath but the fact that some of you are saying the reason you people shoot up mosques, gay clubs, elementary schools, movie theaters, malls, Jewish temples, concerts, high schools, universities, government compounds is because the 'liberal' media is making you feel bad for being white? Really.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You remind me of our dullard president who just recently told the French president that George Washington should of named his home compound after himself cause if you don't put your name on it, you aren't remembered. You know where this is going, yes? Have you ever heard of Washington DC. Do you know where that is and what it is exactly? I won't hold my breath but the fact that some of you are saying the reason you people shoot up mosques, gay clubs, elementary schools, movie theaters, malls, Jewish temples, concerts, high schools, universities, government compounds is because the 'liberal' media is making you feel bad for being white? Really.
I can make no sense of this. Perhaps TDS is eating away at your brain?

Old 04-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
They don't really want you to hate white people. What they want to do is create division.

Because white people and POCs working together is a threat to the powers that be.

So they need to keep POCs absolutely terrified of white people. And they need to encourage white people to be more racist that they actually are, and employ reverse psychology tactics to do so.

It's the aftermath of Bacon's Rebellion all over again.
Could be. I have often wondered what is really behind the big push by major media to sow racial discord. Somebody in power somewhere must think rising racial hostility works to their advantage.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:17 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I have no problem with the media focusing attention on white supremacists and hate crimes committed by whites. It is a problem which should be addressed. But I do have a problem with the media not being honest about the extent of other hate crimes: black-on-black, black-on-white, hispanic gangs, Islamic terrorism, etc.
Don't forget the hate of a nagging mom-in-law.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Like given them a technologically advanced civilization to enjoy?

And why could you not have done that without slavery and colonization of millions of peoples? Maybe you did not because you....COULD NOT. Whatever you achieved is inseparable from the peoples you have oppressed. Take away the oppression and it takes away the achievements.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:03 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And why could you not have done that without slavery and colonization of millions of peoples? Maybe you did not because you....COULD NOT. Whatever you achieved is inseparable from the peoples you have oppressed. Take away the oppression and it takes away the achievements.
Those things existed throughout history, get this, even among non-white people.

I know, kooky, right?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:13 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It looks like it. They have a generic "comment aggregator" app but I'm guessing that will have your typical biased moderating. It is still available on both chrome and brave, but if firefox has banned it you can be sure chrome will soon follow suit. I mostly use brave though so I didn't notice the firefox ban until you mentioned it.

Either way it seems to be catching on. I'm seeing comments on more and more articles over time. And very few comments that would be considered out of bounds by reasonable people.

Edit: it can be downloaded manually for firefox here:

https://dissenter.com/download
thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies