Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 02:09 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, collaborations, not work.

Meet ups, not work.

She only had 100,000 something followers. She's not an "influencer". If she were in the millions, definitely she would be. Those who have huge followings do have teams, and they do meet with their teams, and a lot of times, it is the team who comes up with the next idea.

No, the sponsors do all the work because they are the ones who came up with the product and service, they are the ones who invested in their product or service, they are the ones who have a team to reach out to people on social media to hawk their product or service. Most people who get a sponsor will only talk about the product or service (usually from a script) for about a minute. Some, like on YouTube, do it really well by integrating the product or service into their video, showing them actually using it. Most do not do that. Instagram, taking a photo of yourself with the product is not work.

I watched her crying video. She spent $20,000 for college and has absolutely nothing to show for it, and somehow that is everyone elses fault. She has no skills. Somehow that is everyone elses fault. She claims that when she worked at McDonalds, she got in fights all the time. But that's not her fault, it's everyone elses fault for "ruining" her life. She then goes on to talk down to people by implying that she was above "the 90%", and she just can't be in the 90%. She is "nothing without" her followers. That's pathetic.

I know a lot of people don't know who Jeffree Star is, and a lot of people do. You want to see someone actually work? He did. He turned his little YouTube channel into a business. He now owns his business, employs people, makes a ridiculous amount of money each year...he actually works.

This girl? Not in the slightest.
Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I am not saying every YouTuber or otherwise works, for example, but that for some, it is indeed actual work. I'm not talking about this gal. I am talking about people like Jeffree Star. Just looked him up.

It's not always the sponsor reaching out to you. You have to pitch, too, create your own opportunities. You don't always have a script. I make tutorials actually using the products. You have to develop photography skills...these days, some bloggers turn out magazine level photos. So many other skills, like HTML, CSS and SEO. You do things like Rosanna Pansino creating a line of bakeware for Wilton. Make your own products. And so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 02:11 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Neither am I and yet I seem to have done all right.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:52 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
To the OP the thread title is misleading because you don't know whether she is a Liberal or not.
It would be amusing but instead it's pathetic because you twist things to fit your narrative.

You must be joking.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:02 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I refuse to subscribe to any of these lazy "influencers" online. Get a real job!
Shockingly being an 'influencer' is actually a viable job. I know a mom blogger who basically turned her blog/instagram/other pages into a profit center. 75% of what they post about is sponsored even when you do not realize it- like resort vacations and restaurants. They can also make a percentage when people follow links from their sites to retail sites and make purchases. She basically furnished their new 2500 sf house for free and once she had a freaking car comped for a road trip. While I roll my eyes I cannot truly ridicule it because I suspect her 'non job' pays better than my real one.

Also- they have to spend a crap ton of time organizing their posts, making professional quality pictures, weaving stories to explain why they are using these comped products, and present a decent portion of their lives on line. It isn't that far off from a job in marketing.

To be honest I wouldn't trust the linked video isn't simply click ait to get traffic. No one can tell who is viewing as a fan or hate viewing. You count the views regardless and that makes them more viable... But I still would not want to do that for a living.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:59 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's different because some people in these forums are so blindly partisan that they decide with no evidence that a person is a liberal and then set out to attack them and make them out to be a despicable wastrel. It's really getting old reading this same stuff day after day after day...
I hope people who are on the fence read posts like these and decide to be liberal who weren't just because you get attacked on here by the Trump cultists if you have one possible fault.. Even though Trump himself works as little as possible and was born in a rich family.. Its hillarious the lack of critical thinking that goes on among these people

Old 04-11-2019, 07:12 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
To the OP the thread title is misleading because you don't know whether she is a Liberal or not.
It would be amusing but instead it's pathetic because you twist things to fit your narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You must be joking.
Why would I be joking about the fact that the OP has yet to respond as to why he has called this girl a Liberal without any proof that she is one?
He just assumed she is one without any basis sort of like Barr "thinks" Trump was spied on !

Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Garden variety bad person who was funny to the Internet for a while and then stopped amusing them, so they turned on her. The mob is fickle like that. One minute they're in love with you, the next minute you're a punchline in every joke.

She's young. She can still grow up and get a normal job that doesn't revolve around self-exploitation and bringing out the worst in herself and others.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Sounds like a whiny, 21 year old that cannot take responsibility for herself. Nothing to do with being a liberal. How do you even make that connection. Weird dude.
Its what they always do.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's obviously good at something, which is attracting followers to her posts.

I'm really uncomfortable with your idea of making her "broken", also.
Scary there is 100,000 other morons just like her out there.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
“.....I’m not work material! I will never be work material! So stop f***ing reporting me on motherf***ing Instagram!” she warned. “The last thing I want to do be is a homeless prostitute in the f***ing street doing meth. That is the last thing I f***ing want to do so stop f***ing trying to ruin my life!.......”

I couldn't finish that ridiculous video.

That woman is a headcase and really needs professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies