Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 05:19 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Abby Johnson says "between doctor and the woman" is false. The abortionist never talks to the woman. The woman just decides to get an abortion, goes in and makes her appointment. She never sees a doctor. The only people at PP is a counselor who is promoting abortions, she has a quota to reach. Adoption is not talked about. If the women brings it up it is discouraged.

Abortion to PP is big business. That is where the money is.

Said by someone who has no idea what the process is like at all.

Why argue if you can't be bothered to learn what you're arguing about? It just looks silly to say such falsehoods.

Souce: My own abortion, as well as accompanying other women. Adoption was not discussed in my case because it would have been cruel: my abortion was due to health risk. Do you really believe women are so stupid that they have not thought about if adoption might be an option for them before they go to the clinic?

Do adoption social workers suggest abortion as an alternative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 05:23 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Of course a billboard in decent taste is fine!

The bigger question is - will it change any minds or bodies? My guess is few or none. In the aggregate it may be the other way around as it will light a fire under activists who believe a woman and her doctor have the right to privacy in such decisions.
I agree. I think those who are pro life will remain pro life and those who are for abortion will remain for abortion. But there's nothing wrong with putting up a billboard stating your views.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:24 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Abby Johnson says "between doctor and the woman" is false. The abortionist never talks to the woman. The woman just decides to get an abortion, goes in and makes her appointment. She never sees a doctor. The only people at PP is a counselor who is promoting abortions, she has a quota to reach. Adoption is not talked about. If the women brings it up it is discouraged.

Abortion to PP is big business. That is where the money is.
Hmmm. May I ask how many abortions you have had? Sounds like the voice of experience here.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Just imagine if these foaming-at-the-mouth fanatics, who would destroy the rights of self-determination for women that have been forged over the past 60 years, would divert their efforts and resources to providing care for hungry, living children-------! And if they stopped blocking sex education and promoted birth-control, all those things would reduce the incidence of abortion.

If those results were what they really wanted, that's what they would do. But in fact, they just want to impose totalitarian control and their twisted version of morality on everyone.
One woman who worked for PP says they promote teen sex. Give out BC because "every teen is going to do it anyway" that is their thinking. She counseled inner city teens to talk to them about sex and HIV, etc. Some told her they didn't want to have sex now but they were pressured. She told them THEY DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE SEX and that message was new to them. So sad for young people today.

The PP worker said she had to quit, PP treats women like they are brood animals. She got in trouble when she told teens they didn't need to have sex. She was reprimanded for stopping teens from becoming their future clients for abortions. Sickening.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Hmmm. May I ask how many abortions you have had? Sounds like the voice of experience here.
None, but I am not stupid enough to not listen to those who have or who work in the industry.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:28 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
One woman who worked for PP says they promote teen sex. Give out BC because "every teen is going to do it anyway" that is their thinking. She counseled inner city teens to talk to them about sex and HIV, etc. Some told her they didn't want to have sex now but they were pressured. She told them THEY DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE SEX and that message was new to them. So sad for young people today.

The PP worker said she had to quit, PP treats women like they are brood animals. She got in trouble when she told teens they didn't need to have sex. She was reprimanded for stopping teens from becoming their future clients for abortions. Sickening.
Please tell me you are not gullible enough to believe this tripe. Good grief. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for you.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Said by someone who has no idea what the process is like at all.

Why argue if you can't be bothered to learn what you're arguing about? It just looks silly to say such falsehoods.

Souce: My own abortion, as well as accompanying other women. Adoption was not discussed in my case because it would have been cruel: my abortion was due to health risk. Do you really believe women are so stupid that they have not thought about if adoption might be an option for them before they go to the clinic?

Do adoption social workers suggest abortion as an alternative?
You won't find adoption social workers at PP.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In midtown NYC no one will care. Too busy.
I think we have to see how much press it gets.

If it gets 100% ignored or if the media talk about it.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Please tell me you are not gullible enough to believe this tripe. Good grief. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for you.
Planned Parenthood performs more abortions than pap smears
Planned parenthood performs more abortions than breast exams.
Planned Parenthood performs more abortions than well-women visits.

Here's the link to Planned Parenthood's 2017-2018 Annual Report
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/up...port18-p03.pdf

Old 04-11-2019, 05:36 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:

I don't have a problem with talking to teens about abstinence. There are those who will abstain. But for those who don't, they should be provided birth control in order to avoid abortions. That's what I don't understand about how some people think. They decry abortion, but they decry contraception. You can't have it both ways. And to think that young people or anyone else is just going to just abstain from sex is naive at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies