Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:59 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

It's OK to kill children and babies all over the world, but sweet OHIO has to get into a woman's choice on her body. Thank goodness I call California home.

I love life, ALL Life...but also want the choice to do what I will with my body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 12:05 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It makes me wonder if you've ever heard of the Hyde Amendment. If taxpayers paid for any abortions it was to save the mother's life or to terminate a pregnancy from incest or rape. That's the only way an abortion can be paid for by taxpayers.

So do you object to saving the mother's life, or do you want to force a woman who was raped, or a child raped by her father, to carry to term? What does that say about you?
The Hyde Amendment applies to federal funds, not state funds. Some states use state Medicaid funding for abortions other than life endangerment, rape, and incest.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sending an 18 year old into battle to get ripped apart by an IED in a war of choice is not evil? There's your tax dollars at work.

Your sense of morality is very selective.
Open a book. Study some history, man. Do you even understand how and why this country got started? Abortion has zero to do with it.
If we don't defend our own country, nobody else will. Yes, it's unfortunate that people die, but what is your point about abortion? Are you kidding me about "my sense of morality being selective"?

Old 04-18-2019, 12:21 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Open a book. Study some history, man. Do you even understand how and why this country got started? Abortion has zero to do with it.
If we don't defend our own country, nobody else will. Yes, it's unfortunate that people die, but what is your point about abortion? Are you kidding me about "my sense of morality being selective"?
So invading a sovereign nation that did absolutely nothing to warrant it is your idea of "defending the country?" All those American soldiers that died or came home without limbs were sent into a political war of choice --that your taxpayer dollars paid for, no less--but you are absolutely fine with that. They're just soldiers, not zygotes, so who cares? But a woman who wants to determine her own life? Horrors!

Yep, you definitely have a skewed sense of morality.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So cut to the chase:

Abortion kills babies. That's the point. The woman doesn't want to be a mom, so she kills the baby. That's why she ins't pregnant, that's why she doesn't give birth, that's why there is no baby 7 months later.

The baby? Through no fault of his or her own, is murdered.

Truth. There is no women hating rhetoric. At all. It's another little tactic that is used. Well, if you hate abortion you hate women! Um, nope, not even close. It's a p i s s -poor argument, consider half of all women are pro-life, and half of all abortions are FEMALE. So who is being "hated"? Ridiculous.

The point of abortion? To end the life of the BABY. And if you do not agree with that statement you aren't being honest with yourself, becaue there is no way around it. It's the whole point of abortion.
Well, if I assumed your misunderstanding of biology to be accurate, there would be "no way around it" but abortion eliminates a POTENTIAL life.

It does not kill a BABY because a BABY does not exist yet.

That's like saying menstrual cycles and ejaculation KILL BABIES.

Nope. They don't. But, they do remove a potential life from ever being, those unfertilized eggs and sperm that do not fertilize an egg.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Well, that's true. Many many women don't bother to tell the men they are pregnant.

They just go and kill the baby without the man ever knowing he was a father.
I was referring to pregnancies.

Women do not typically get pregnant without sperm... which come from men.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Nope. Not at all. Are you?

But they should use multple forms of BC if the woman does not want to have a baby.

Don't you agree that would be the smart thing to do? Or are you advocating a zero BC approach?
Of course not! I agree fully with the use of BC. Even multiple forms of it, though that's a tad excessive, isn't it?

I mean, people can get pregnant using BC... even more than one form of it.

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
What about war and execution? How can you possible equate those things to purposely ripping a baby apart in its mother's womb? That's as evil as it gets.
easy tax dollars>saving a life----taking a life.
war takes a lives, execution takes lives, abortion takes potential lives. Tomato tomato.

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
You would do well to study some history too, man. Abortion was legal in the US until 1880

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/healt...tes/index.html

Old 04-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I am saying that if a women is married and does not want to get pregnant? Get reversbile BC + condom. Take oral BC + condom. Figure it out. Chance of getting pregnant? 0.

Are you actively arguing against that? Because that is how you are coming across, that women are too stupid to figure it out a BC system that works for them and use it.

And yes I think it is absolutely realistic to use 2 forms of BC. It's not hard to keep a box of condoms in the nightstand or a few in the purse. Not difficult at all. Total respect for those who do.

Millions of women manage NOT to get pregnant every day.
Those millions of women were fortunate, not necessarily wiser. Some people are more fertile than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies