Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 05:16 PM

26,456 posts, read 15,049,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Local LEOs are not tasked, trained or funded to enforce Federal immigration laws.
Local LEOs are actually told to NOT cooperate with federal immigration laws. That is a lot more than just not enforcing laws.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...228304579.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So you advocate Trumps childish behavior of targeting San Francisco because of polical foes?
Wow. Your post is dripping with racism. Undocumented immigrants are a blessing that adds to communities not some curse.

Several mayors of sanctuary cities have already said that they welcome them.

Shame on you.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...e-fine-with-it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 05:17 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I am laughing so hard at these left-wing mayors in their reactions to this plan. The left's hypocrisy will be fun to watch in the next few days.
You really can’t make this kinda crap up, LOL

I’ve always recognized the Liberal disconnect from rational thinking and logical reasoning, not to mention the rather astounding levels of hypocrisy, but it seems to be reaching new heights these days that cannot be explained outside the realm of severe mental illness.

And this apparently isn’t confined to the United States, when one looks at the cultural disaster unfolding in so many European and Scandinavian countries, in the face of a Muslim invasion they at one point championed and welcomed, but are now looking at themselves incredulously, and regretfully.

While I would not compare the mass immigration of Central American Hispanics, to the more ideologically disruptive and dangerous Muslims, there are nonetheless negative consequences to such dramatic demographic changes, and particularly so when the influx consists of poor, unskilled people who in large measure require public assistance.

There is no greater example in modern times of the consequences of liberal immigration policies, than the extreme chaos occurring in Europe. The reality is, this is indeed an engineered crisis, for the express purpose of the results now being felt.

We cannot allow this fraud to be perpetrated here in the United States, under the guise of political correctness.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:18 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm all for it. In fact let all the residents of these cities put them up.
Said King George III about the citizens of Boston...

Re-read the Declaration of Independence, please.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

I’ve always recognized the Liberal disconnect from rational thinking and logical reasoning, not to mention the rather astounding levels of hypocrisy, but it seems to be reaching new heights these days that cannot be explained outside the realm of severe mental illness.

And this apparently isn’t confined to the United States, when one looks at the cultural disaster unfolding in so many European and Scandinavian countries, in the face of a Muslim invasion they at one point championed and welcomed, but are now looking at themselves incredulously, and regretfully.

While I would not compare the mass immigration of Central American Hispanics, to the more ideologically disruptive and dangerous Muslims, there are nonetheless negative consequences to such dramatic demographic changes, and particularly so when the influx consists of poor, unskilled people who in large measure require public assistance.

There is no greater example in modern times of the consequences of liberal immigration policies, than the extreme chaos occurring in Europe. The reality is, this is indeed an engineered crisis, for the express purpose of the results now being felt.

We cannot allow this fraud to be perpetrated here in the United States, under the guise of political correctness.
"No Irish wanted!"

"Integrated schools will lead to lower education levels for white children!"

"Send those Injuns to Indian Territory!"

Old 04-12-2019, 05:27 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,406,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
That has Trumps fingerprints all over it too.
Yes. It also clearly got him some more votes in 2020.

If you are a Democrat running outside of a minority majority district, you must realize that the party's position on immigration is deeply unpopular.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:28 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Excellent post! WE are a Nation of LAWS, and many laws are being twisted and IGNORED!

This needs to STOP, and it WILL with this administration; the Democrats' destuction of the Constitution must be recognized and SHAMED!

Old 04-12-2019, 05:29 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Drone on, Johnnie.

Glad you are making my point....Skippy!

Old 04-12-2019, 05:30 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
Those mayors must be very grateful for sending the world’s most intelligent and capable people into their cities.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:30 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You failed to read my message correctly: it's TRUMP who terms these people "criminals" - I quoted him

Trump's modest proposal to release these so-called "criminals" into sanctuary cities is contrary to his stated desire to protect American citizens from these same "criminals".

Shouldn't be hard to see the contradiction there...unless someone is wearing his or her Trump blinders.

I won't even touch upon your odd comment about weight - except I've never known overweight to be an indicator of criminality or lack thereof.
No Democrat should oppose this proposal or be outraged. This is what Democrats want.

Y’all should be rejoicing and throwing a big party not complaining. Democrats finally got a win 🤘🏽💪🏽

Old 04-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
No Democrat should oppose this proposal or be outraged. This is what Democrats want.

Y’all should be rejoicing and throwing a big party not complaining. Democrats finally got a win 🤘🏽💪🏽
Anyone who believes this is a Democratic win has issues with reading comprehension. Those Trump blinders do tend to cause such problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies