Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2019, 09:11 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
New Mexico is an Official Sanctuary State. What is the problem? These people are welcome there.

You clearly missed the point of my post.
This thread is about Trump “floating” the idea of releasing them, as in, it was something he thought about but didn’t do.

As illustrated by the links I posted, this is just another lie from this so-called president.

That’s the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 09:50 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I agree. This was Trump thinking outside the box and basically saying "Okay sanctuary cities and states, put your money where you mouth is." I think it's a beautiful and poetic idea. And I can't believe the people who live in these cities and states aren't jumping at the chance to take care of these people they seek to protect. Where better for an illegal immigrant to go than to a city/state which has declared itself a haven for them. This makes total sense. Which is why those on the left will oppose it. Because they actually don't really care about these people. They only care about votes.
You gave me an idea. Trump should call this "the put your money where your mouth is - act".

Old 04-13-2019, 11:28 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you are ok with Trump giving the middle finger to Federal law just to stick to the Dems? Wow, very telling.
I keep hearing this about a federal law but, I can't find it. Could you please give a link to that law?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:10 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I agree. This was Trump thinking outside the box and basically saying "Okay sanctuary cities and states, put your money where you mouth is." I think it's a beautiful and poetic idea. And I can't believe the people who live in these cities and states aren't jumping at the chance to take care of these people they seek to protect. Where better for an illegal immigrant to go than to a city/state which has declared itself a haven for them. This makes total sense. Which is why those on the left will oppose it. Because they actually don't really care about these people. They only care about votes.
drumf has no box he can use to think with llet alone outside of it.Btw only legal residents can vote.very funny that you connected trump and thinking!

Old 04-14-2019, 12:24 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
drumf has no box he can use to think with llet alone outside of it.Btw only legal residents can vote.very funny that you connected trump and thinking!

only legal immigrants can work but here they are, millions of illegals working with fake i.d. and stolen I.D. and lying in official forms.

If illegal immigrants violate our immigration laws and work laws, what makes you think they will obey our electoral laws when they are giving the green light and special status in sanctuary cities? you can't be this naive....if dead people could vote, what makes you think illegals can't?

Old 04-14-2019, 04:38 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Cause all those illegal aliens can live under the same bridges with the rest of the homeless in Seattle.
Or work their way to be successful workers adding to our society.

Your reply is so similar to the attitude the Irish, Italians received when they immigrated to our country a over a century and more ago....asylum seekers are looking for a safe life. Can't blame them in looking out for their survival. Our supposed Christian nation founded under Christian values has morphed into something the Founding Fathers probably never imagined.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:58 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post

Your reply is so similar to the attitude the Irish, Italians received when they immigrated to our country a over a century and more ago....asylum seekers are looking for a safe life. Can't blame them in looking out for their survival. Our supposed Christian nation founded under Christian values has morphed into something the Founding Fathers probably never imagined.
Dude, be successful workers at what? What are an unending stream of unskilled workers supposed to do in this knowledge-based economy? You talk about the past, when there were factories and mills in this country, as if those things still exist. But they don't.

And you really think that we're supposed to take in the poor of the entire world or something? You really don't see a problem with that? I suspect that you must live in some upper-tier suburb and will never have to deal with the downsides of the policies that you advocate.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
The Dem leaders do not care one bit about this country, all they care about are their jobs, so they have convinced those who believe in them, that their intentions are good, and continually bash the republican party no matter who is in.

So now, he is turning it back on them and they started freaking out....but today, the press is making it sound differently...like they welcome all these people

this is so totally disgusting....this whole thing....

they're all coming here b/c our leaders gave them free food, health care, checks....and word gets around, believe me. They have for years written letters home to their relatives and word gets around so now they are coming in droves

We have no one to blame for this but our leaders....and why do they do this, for votes....

it has always been political, nothing more.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:24 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post

Huh? We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and also allow in many asylum seekers. So how have we morphed into something different than from the past? In the past though we were also sparsely populated with plentiful jobs and resources for a large number of foreigners to come here, not so today. These people are the poor, unskilled and uneducated that will replace and reduce wages for our own blue-collared workers and will have to be subsidized with our taxes to exist.

Asylum is only granted to those who are being persecuted by their political, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. Being poor or claiming violence in one's own country are not viable reasons to claim asylum in our country. One is supposed to take asylum in the first safe country of which these asylum seekers are not doing. Many are just jumping our border illegally rather than presenting themselves at a legal port of entry. It helps if you acknowledge the truth rather than going on a tirade demonizing our country unfairly. We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world's poor and needy without it negatively impacting our own citizens.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:31 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker
So you are ok with Trump giving the middle finger to Federal law just to stick to the Dems? Wow, very telling.

What law? Be specific.....let's see it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies