Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Am I the only one who sees the irony of Democrats accepting illegal entry into the country, while at the same time complaining about illegal transport to sanctuary cities?

The law is absolutely nothing to these people - accept a means to hamstring their political opponents.
Dems will do and say ANYTHING to stay in power..illegal aliens, terrorism, famine..they are all for staying in power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dems will do and say ANYTHING to stay in power..illegal aliens, terrorism, famine..they are all for staying in power
And it appears that there is going to be a shortage of aluminum shortly. Terrorism? Famine? Really?

Old 04-15-2019, 10:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"Matthew 25:40-45 New International Version (NIV)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’"

Two things...

1- people are free to travel to those countries and help them there, instead of disregarding the laws in place for political purposes. Christians do that all the time.

2- There are legal procedures in place for people to immigrate here legally. Follow the laws in place. Why don't you support the legal process in place?

Old 04-15-2019, 10:52 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Good!
I'm glad you like it.

This is nothing but a General Amnesty dressed in a cheap disguise. Picking them up at the border and bussing them to Pittsburgh (if Pittsburgh offers sanctuary), only gives the immigrants what they want the most- to leave the border and move inland.

Sanctuary cities are the very place most of the immigrants at the border would like to go.
Who wouldn't go to a place where they aren't welcomed?

What's to stop any immigrant from leaving the sanctuary for somewhere else at any time?

Nothing.

So who, then, will keep track of them? Is that responsibility to become the cities' job?

That takes the responsibility away from the Immigration department.

So there will have to be a new department that's created just to know where the immigrants are, because it's a national problem.

And that grows more swamp, so your unhappiness will only grow too.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
giving those sanctuary cities exactly what they asked for is dumb?
yep, dumb, not feasible, and distracting from what worries Trump most ---Mueller's report.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm pretty liberal but I agree with Trump on this. If sanctuary cities want to welcome illegal immigrants, they should put their money where their mouths are.
It the money is already in their mouths, silly. The sanctuary cities want the immigrants because they want their labor, skills, and abilities to help their cities prosper.

If they didn't, they would not offer sanctuary! If there was no need, there would be no offer!

Old 04-15-2019, 10:56 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Where are you living??
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
She's a liar, she claims to live in LA and is now claiming that they never see any signs of illegal aliens.
turns out that what'd i miss went for a brutally realistic screenname

Old 04-15-2019, 10:57 AM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
We be had zero sightings of illegal here over the past 10 years.
Until Trump says were overwhelmed...which were not.
Still no sign.
They're like roaches. You may not see them but doesn't mean they're not there. They're hiding and come out when they need to and infest the area with droppings. In some cases you might even actually see them but, like roaches, they blend in with its surroundings and you won't notice that they are actually there. So stop being so delusional. They are everywhere.

Continuing on the topic of this thread. This move by Trump definitely showed the hypocritical behaviors by the Left without a doubt. The only option is to deport these Illegals right away without due process and the catch and release needs to stop. We need to change the laws to allow them to deport them right away and never be released on US soil. However, if the Left are not going to allowing that, the best we can do is drop them off to areas where they are wanted.

Last edited by scot892; 04-15-2019 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It the money is already in their mouths, silly. The sanctuary cities want the immigrants because they want their labor, skills, and abilities to help their cities prosper.

If they didn't, they would not offer sanctuary! If there was no need, there would be no offer!
you are way behind. if they wanted their labor, skills, and abilities (what labor, skills, and abilities do these poorly educated third worlders have, btw?) they'd be cheering trump for this idea.

did you notice they're not cheering, but screaming with rage instead?

read and learn: virtue-signaling

Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM

If Trump does carry through with this juvenile plan, never doubt that the sanctuary cities won't figure out how to take care of the people they receive.

What happens when a big storm hits a city that is anticipated?

The city gets ready for it as much as possible, then braces for the shock, then digs in and starts to make money fixing up the damage. The damage is never greater than the repair that follows, and in the end, the city becomes better than it was before the storm hit.

A storm of humanity is a far easier storm to repair, as the storm itself wants the city to be even better than it was before it hit.

These people are not helpless. Just getting to the border required a lot of determination, intelligence, and a willingness to do hard things. They won't be just sitting around loafing once they arrive. If they wanted to loaf and let others control their lives, they would never have left their old homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies