Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 07:32 AM

5,343 posts, read 3,214,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Weird? It's the solution advocated by the people you vote for. Stop complaining about it.
But it still doesn't address the solution advocated by the President.

Either it's a crisis or it's not. Welcoming illegal immigrants to the country via sanctuary cities is still welcoming illegal immigrants. I am not in favor of opening our doors to illegal immigrants.

Is welcoming illegal immigrants the President's new policy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 07:32 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
But why are the people who were pearl-clutching over these bad hombres running loose in the country now happy that they will be... running loose in the country? That is what's weird. Why the sudden change of heart?
The RW is for open borders.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
President Trump is most certainly not the first President to have his "hands tied". But that is neither here nor there.

Let's get to the crux of the argument. Either these people do not belong in the country or they do.
It is entirely here and entirely there. They don't belong here, not in such numbers, but congress and leftist judges won't let Trump stop them from coming in. You can't say that's neither here nor there, it's the whole shebang. So if he isn't allowed to keep them out, he can send them to live in the communities of the people who seem to want them here the most.

What percentage of the people who live in Red Sox Nation do you think voted for the people who openly declared that they would make Massachusetts communities in to sanctuaries?

Old 04-16-2019, 07:39 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
But it still doesn't address the solution advocated by the President.

Either it's a crisis or it's not. Welcoming illegal immigrants to the country via sanctuary cities is still welcoming illegal immigrants. I am not in favor of opening our doors to illegal immigrants.

Is welcoming illegal immigrants the President's new policy?
The left won't let us address the border. So, let's do it their way for awhile. It's not that we're "for" open borders. But, since the Democrats won't allow any meaningful solution, then it's time to give them what they want.

The voters will see things Trump's way after a few years of having the class sizes double and their infrastructure overloaded. And many will see their taxes go up and be victimized by crime from illegal aliens.

Then, after they've seen the light, we'll get some meaningful solutions.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:41 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Trump should build a wall all along the southern border with Mexico with the exception of Cali...

and there he should install one of these:

Tollbooth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbWg-mozGsU

Old 04-16-2019, 07:43 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
The sanctuary cities can declare themselves not to be such, co-operate with ICE, then not be faced with this possibility. I guess they wouldn't like to do that.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:43 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Even Bill O Reilly thinks this could backfire. Go ahead, Mr. President, shoot yourself in the foot...again. And the American taxpayer, both parties, not just the people who live in these cities, will pay.

So, go ahead and smirk away. So, apparently, the RW is now for open borders.

Well......................... no.

However, this will put the illegal immigration problem squarely in the laps of those who oppose the wall and measures to deport the illegals.

Given that the left has obstructed measures to control illegal immigration, they will be now (rightfully so) fully responsible for the actions they have taken to obstruct the influx of illegals.

Maybe, when they see all the illegals in their own backyard, they will finally come to their senses. Other measures and reason have failed, so this is a brilliant plan. Let the libs "live" what they preach, rather than foisting their insane beliefs and the consequences of those choices upon others.

Libs will have a chance to "put their money where their mouth is".

Old 04-16-2019, 07:46 AM

5,343 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It is entirely here and entirely there. They don't belong here, not in such numbers, but congress and leftist judges won't let Trump stop them from coming in. You can't say that's neither here nor there, it's the whole shebang. So if he isn't allowed to keep them out, he can send them to live in the communities of the people who seem to want them here the most.

What percentage of the people who live in Red Sox Nation do you think voted for the people who openly declared that they would make Massachusetts communities in to sanctuaries?
With respect to having hands tied, the President campaigned on being a fantastic negotiator. Politics is negotiation. You may not always get what you want but in a good negotiation neither does the other side. Unfortunately, and this goes for both sides of the aisle (not just the President), neither side is willing to budge. On the one hand you have the President taking a simplistic approach, supporting a physical wall, and will not budge from that. On the other hand you have the other side supporting the concept of a wall vis a vis technology. Unfortunately, the answer lies in the middle. It makes zero sense to build a wall across the entire border, but it does make sense in certain situations. Just as it makes sense to fund smarter technology for border crossings. But all we seem to have are snowflakes on both sides pointing the finger about how the other side is obstructing.

In any event, people supporting this facade have still yet to declare why allowing illegal immigrants into the country is a good idea. As someone who supports this country's sovereignty, I think it's a horrible idea. I'm genuinely curious on how someone can go from "these are the worst people on earth, deport them" to "Welcome to America! Here's a bus ticket to San Francisco. Now just make sure you stay within San Francisco, OK?"

Makes zero sense.

I don't know what percentage of people in RSN voted for that. I know I'm not in favor of it and the city I grew up in voted for a Mayor who stated he is not in favor of becoming a sanctuary city.

I guess the question can be asked, what percentage of Trump supporters are now in favor of allowing illegal immigrants free access to our county, as long as they are initially shipped to San Francisco, Chicago, etc? Are you in favor of opening the doors?

Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I would be soooo ashamed if I were a Liberal, for all the shennanigans they have pulled in the last 2 years. Maybe now they better warm up their BBQ Pits and and clear out the meat freezer, to feed all the illegals that will be sleeping in their back yard.
Maybe some of these liberals will get lucky and get Chinese nationals. They have been quite a few apprehensions of them the border.

I love the smell of garlic, ginger and fish early in the morning for breakfast. 🤙🏽

Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 AM

21,133 posts, read 19,714,475 times
The trump card has been played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies