Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 02:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
So then I guess you're pretty upset about all of the broken promisses Obama made then right?

Cue lame response "but obama"....and no real response to follow.
You obviously are NOT familiar with my posting history. Few have condemned him more for his lies than I.

Have you no principles where it comes to lying?

Old 04-14-2019, 02:58 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Illinois voted for this? Illinois, one of the most corrupt states in the union? Illinois, where if you know the Obamas you get all charges dropped and your criminal record sealed?

Old 04-14-2019, 03:11 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
President Nixon inadvertently began the tradition whereby presidential candidates release details of their tax returns to signify trustworthiness:

Quote:
Nixon’s finances were not particularly complicated, but the agency needed four months to examine his returns, during which time it conducted approximately 30 interviews, including with top aides H.R. Haldeman and John Dean and Nixon’s friend Bebe Rebozo.

In April 1974, JCT produced a 1,000-page report that found almost a dozen problems with Nixon’s returns. The agency said he owed $475,431 including interest for unpaid taxes over four years. It amounted to half of Nixon’s net worth.

The IRS simultaneously did its own audit of Nixon and came to a similar finding, determining he owed $432,787.
How Nixon's tax trouble could influence quest for Trump's returns

The mostly forgotten story of Nixon’s tax troubles, long overshadowed by the simultaneous Watergate scandal, is getting a new look from lawmakers and legal experts.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...eturns-1050587

It's the least they can do imho.

By the way: it's unknown if he ever paid the tax owed, or if that was part of the pardon granted.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:12 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You obviously are NOT familiar with my posting history. Few have condemned him more for his lies than I.

Have you no principles where it comes to lying?
You are right, I have no clue who you are or your posting history! I asked you a question.

Trump didn't lie....he just never said WHEN he'd release them....he has the left's word games mastered better than they have. That's why he always wins their childish games. That's why they hate him so much, because their usual bully tactics and word games backfire on them.

Trump will release the tax returns when the time is right and it will blow up in lefty's face!

Last edited by USMC1984; 04-14-2019 at 03:43 PM..

Old 04-14-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You are right, I have no clue who you are or your posting history! I asked you a question.

Trump didn't lie....he just never said WHEN he'd release them....he has the left's word games mastered better than they haver. That's why he always wins their childish games. That's why they hate him so much, because their usual bully tactics and word games backfire on them.

Trump will release the tax returns when the time is right and it will blow up in lefty's face!
No, he lied. You have no principles.

“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."

Audits do not last for years. Cohen even said that he didn't even think there was an audit.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, they couldn't require the wife's medical records. Besides, how would the rest keep a candidate off the ballot?

Thanks for proving that liberals don't understand principles. He wasn't making specific suggestions but using examples to illustrate that it could something - anything - to keep someone off the ballot. Shooting down one of the examples doesn't shoot down the concept.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:28 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
History will show someday that this wench did nothing but hinder the progress we expect from our country.....maybe one of the most blatant liars in the history of this country.....

“My guess is most of them don’t do their own taxes, and I certainly don’t trust them to look through the decades of success that the president has and determine anything," Sanders Sanders said.

That she doesn't realize for every Congressman/Senator there are several qualified assistants to each politician who researches everything on our (American citiizen) behalf. I'd bet most Americans don't do their own taxes and depend on some sort of assistance - including online software. Reality check, dumb *****.
She just can't be this stupid.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Thanks for proving that liberals don't understand principles. He wasn't making specific suggestions but using examples to illustrate that it could something - anything - to keep someone off the ballot. Shooting down one of the examples doesn't shoot down the concept.
Maybe, but you have to explain how it would keep a candidate off the ballot. I shot down ONE and then asked how any of the rest would keep someone off the ballot. There has been no answer.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:34 PM

628 posts, read 695,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why is it anyone else's business how much of a person's income is stolen from them?

There should be no tax returns in the first place because there should be no taxes.

# 45 does not always tell the truth

Old 04-14-2019, 03:35 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why is it anyone else's business how much of a person's income is stolen from them?

There should be no tax returns in the first place because there should be no taxes.
dumbest comment on the internet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies