Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 08:09 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"They will ban all guns" is a straw man they have built to scare themselves with.
You say that but there are plenty - at least half or more - Liberals who would gladly ban and confiscate all guns. CA and NY state would gladly ban and confiscate if the 2nd didn't exist. Cities like Chicago, Boston would gladly ban if they could.

So no, there are plenty of Moderate Democrats who still own guns but their voices are almost silent on the subject. They let their fellow Leftist Democrats control the movement and that's to ban all guns.

You can't deny the state of CA would easily ban all weapons if the could. They are trying to do everything they can to make that day happen.

And Moderate Democrats are becoming Dinosaurs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 08:11 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
I’m a Liberal and I own a gun. No problem with that but I’m for background checks and also for control over types of guns available.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You say that but there are plenty - at least half or more - Liberals who would gladly ban and confiscate all guns.
That's what you say, and yet noone had proposed such thing.

Its a straw man you have erected to deceive yourself with.

Quote:
So no, there are plenty of Moderate Democrats who still own guns but their voices are almost silent on the subject.
Yes, because it would be foolish to display fear of an danger which does not exist.

I used to be NRA member, and they would call me all the time asking for money because the "situation was worse than ever before". That kind of comment tends to expose the lie, because it is impossible for things to always be worse than ever before. None of the things they swore were about to happen never happened, and the icing on the cake is that they take credit for saving us from this non-existing danger.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-13-2019 at 08:34 AM..

Old 04-13-2019, 08:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tion/23710947/

Well, well, well!!!!

See how the other side speaks with forked tongue!

Personal safety! That's why 99% of Americans own guns

But the left wants to stop that!

At least she admitted it
What is Ms Harris’ position on gun control?

How did she acquire her gun(s)?

Is she licensed? Did she have training?

By stating that “the left wants to stop that†you have demonstrated that you haven’t a clue about the actual gun control argument.

So, no “ gotcha†here.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If she lives in a Red Flag Law state she won't have that gun very long.
Why not?
Do you believe her to be mentally unstable or a threat to another person to an extent that could be defined by a mental health professional and/or the courts?

I thought that it was lack of attention to the issues exhibited by the Parkland, Aurora, Sandy Hook... shooters that were the root of those tragedies.
Are you now saying that nothing should have been done to try to prevent those horrors?

Old 04-13-2019, 09:03 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I’m a Liberal and I own a gun. No problem with that but I’m for background checks and also for control over types of guns available.
In Florida we have background checks (with fingerprinting), and a course on laws, gun training and safe operation of guns to get a concealed carry license. We have plenty of laws, but criminals don't abide by laws. Ted Kennedy drove drunk, and left the scene of an accident (to MJ's demise) but, criminals don't abide by laws.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:12 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
That is simply not true, your assertion that the left wants to stop that.
I know a lot of Democrats that own guns. No one wants to totally do away with the second Amendment rights.
Just more fear mongering.
Trying to enact some common sense gun legislation, is not the same thing as wanting to make everyone get rid of their guns.
It had been the campaign tradition for a candidate to pull out the shotgun and bring back a dead bird. Updated by President Obama shooting clays. What is different here is self defense is stated as the motivation for the weapon instead of showing the candidate using a tool for sport and food

Old 04-13-2019, 09:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tion/23710947/

Well, well, well!!!!

See how the other side speaks with forked tongue!

Personal safety! That's why 99% of Americans own guns

But the left wants to stop that!

At least she admitted it

Nonsense!

Old 04-13-2019, 09:39 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
All gun laws are infringements...

Including Trump's bump stock ban.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
...for control over types of guns available.
Does that apply to cops and the government as well, or just us peasants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies