Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 02:49 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,809,288 times

Advertisements

When all the stories came out about Joe Biden making women uncomfortable with the way he touched them I thought we was over and done with. Another causality of the #metoo movement. I admit I was wrong. His poll numbers were basically untouched and he leads just about every Dem primary poll.

Maybe a year or two ago #metoo would have destroyed him but it's not happening now. Do you think this means #metoo has peaked out? Or pehaps people don't consider his touching to be as serious as say Harvey Weinstein's sexual contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 02:55 AM

30,119 posts, read 18,935,540 times
Democrats don't care about women or sexual abuse and harassment, they only want power....if Uncle Joe pervert can win, they gain power so his perversions will be excused as Bill Clinton's before him.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:50 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,736,999 times
I imagine the part of the Democratic electorate that wants an old, establishment white guy like Biden is also the part that is least likely to be swayed by recent trends like #metoo.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:54 AM

10,511 posts, read 6,131,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Democrats don't care about women or sexual abuse and harassment, they only want power....if Uncle Joe pervert can win, they gain power so his perversions will be excused as Bill Clinton's before him.

How many times does this need saying?
You elected Trump!
Rewrite your first sentence and switch 'Democrats' for 'Trump' supporters' which would then make the sentence accurate.
How about you excusing Trumps perversions?

Old 04-13-2019, 05:01 AM

989 posts, read 453,561 times
I sort of agree with Cruithne: with Trump in the White House, what does it matter anymore? Also, Biden's actions don't measure up to predatory activity and I think most rational people see the difference. Not that anyone is excusing his "touchy" approach especially if he makes people uncomfortable but his actions don't rise to the level of abuse. I also think politicians are tired of folding on these types of issues, be it what Biden has done or even the Virginia politicians for example, when someone like Trump gets a pass and a cheering defense from his supporters for everything disgusting action he does. Trump's most honest and truthful statement he ever made was that he could shoot someone in plain sight on 5th Avenue and his supporters would still love him and he'd get away with it.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:25 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,595,357 times
As a liberal I hate to say this but creepy behavior by men doesn't derail you from office and that goes for both sides.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:39 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,052,232 times
I am not a fan of Biden but I don't think his behavior (that we know of) rose to the level of #metoo.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:44 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,809,642 times
Me too was suppose to be zero tolerance, it seems it is zero truth....

Old 04-13-2019, 06:00 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,759,446 times
Me too was a joke from day one. Biden was never a sexual predator, he simply has had a few two bit flusies point a finger at him to gain their 15 minutes of fame.

It is funny though that the libs won’t follow their own looney values when it’s one of their own. This is a good thing though, even though I do not support anything Biden believes in he does deserve to be treated fairly and not ruined by unfounded accusations. This American for crying out loud, not Inquisition era Spain. Here one must prove accusations not just make them to ruin a man

Old 04-13-2019, 06:09 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,831,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
How many times does this need saying?
You elected Trump!
Rewrite your first sentence and switch 'Democrats' for 'Trump' supporters' which would then make the sentence accurate.
How about you excusing Trumps perversions?
The accusations by women are of no concern to me. Leftist women are notorious for crying wolf when it is convenient.

Where is your proof?

Biden's obsession with touching children is disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4XMvWIRmx0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies