Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

Article II Section 3 of the Colorado State Constitution

"Section 3. Inalienable rights. All persons have certain natural, essential and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; of acquiring, possessing and protecting property; and of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness."

https://law.justia.com/constitution/...do/cnart2.html

Old 04-14-2019, 08:47 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I hate cops"

I HOPE when you need them most, they WON'T show up!
Funny thing, I have never, ever had a need for them. Of course, I had to call them because of someone trying to break into my house, but I have dogs and my own guns and was able to chase off the perps by the time the police showed up, which was like 30 minutes later.

And oh, I remember when one of my friends from where I grew up was only 13 years old when she got pregnant by the 33 year old DARE cop of the neighborhood. Sure, he got arrested, but he was sent to prison for 25 years, but not for raping a 13 year old girl, but for selling drugs to kids in the district he sworn to protect. Now, his sentence for statutory rape, 6 months.

Heck, the police are the reasons why NYC and Chicago are so expensive. Those police and teacher pensions aren't cheap.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its not once realized the job description of a govt cop is to enforce without question all of the laws the state has implemented, dreamt up, con-concocted, etc. and that are in direct contradiction of private property rights and personal freedom (and in many cases your own d*** rulebook the constitution. See war on drugs for further evidence)
That serve and protect nonsense is just that, they are occupiers in blue enforcing the crowns rule
Yep! I'm sure everyone here has heard about the Jupiter, Florida Day Spa/prostitution/sex trafficking ring. Well, it's looking like that the case might be dismissed because all of the surveillance used in this sting might be against Florida code and very well against the law. Just think, what if there is a business that is legit, you go there for a massage, and without your consent, you are being video taped, naked, in a very vulnerable position? Wouldn't you be mad and upset someone was recording you and watching your every move? You don't think that is also creepy in itself? This is why we have privacy laws in place. Yeah, it sucks, some people are breaking the law by selling their bodies or drugs illegally, but that doesn't give the state an excuse to spy on everyone and record their every move.

Also, red light cameras are always being taken out of commission because they conflict with privacy laws in Florida. Funny, how these laws aren't discovered until after billions of tax payer money was used to put them up.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Sheriffs are elected everywhere I know of, including Colorado. So, no, they can't be fired.
Technically, yes, ONE sheriff is elected...but there are numerous 'sheriffs deputies' in the county as well, these are the sheriffs that go out and patrol, the one who is elected is more administrative.

Another poster mentioned that 'law enforcements' duty is to ONLY enforce the laws of the land...that sounds good on paper, but it starts to go downhill when law enforcement starts having opinions on what should be law or how laws should be written, too much of a conflict of interest for them!

Old 04-14-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Technically, yes, ONE sheriff is elected...but there are numerous 'sheriffs deputies' in the county as well, these are the sheriffs that go out and patrol, the one who is elected is more administrative.

Another poster mentioned that 'law enforcements' duty is to ONLY enforce the laws of the land...that sounds good on paper, but it starts to go downhill when law enforcement starts having opinions on what should be law or how laws should be written, too much of a conflict of interest for them!
Sadly, what laws can they enforce when in reality, it's up to the prosecutor's office to indict or not? Like with what happened with the Smollett case.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:18 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
See if you can find any updates to this story. I couldn't find anything. With the death of a citizen at the hands of law enforcement, you would think that the media would be all over this................
Narrative pushed via the media-Gunz bad.
If it fits the narrative there won't be any coverage compared to Orange_Man_Bad.

Quote:
It wasn't clear why the "red flag" order was issued. A spokeswoman for the Maryland Judiciary denied a request from the Baltimore Sun to release protection order requests associated with the home, citing the law which states the orders are confidential unless a court rules otherwise.

Michele Willis, the man's niece, told The Baltimore Sun that one of her aunts requested the protective order against Willis, but she declined to say why.

She said police stopped by the home to speak with her uncle Sunday night. He lived above the garage and several other family members also lived in the home. Those who were there during the shooting were being questioned by police Monday morning, The Sun reported.

Willis said her uncle "likes to speak his mind," but "wouldn't hurt anybody."

"I'm just dumbfounded right now," she said. "They didn't need to do what they did."

That case in Maryland?
Quote:
Said Anne Arundel County police chief Timothy Altomare:

If you look at this morning’s outcome, it’s tough for us to say, “Well, what did we prevent?” Because we don’t know what we prevented or could’ve prevented.

What would have happened if we didn’t go there at 5 am?

Probably nothing. Because during his many years as a resident at his home in Ferndale nothing untoward happened. His niece, Michele Willis, said “I’m just dumfounded right now. My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody.”
It's not a bug. It's a feature.

Even the police cheif admits they don't know what could have or has been prevented, other than that man living another day for not being willing to forfeit his rights which was made obviously clear in the reporting.

Look at it without any bias at all what so ever.
5am. Knock on the door.
You open the door to be told the police are there to confiscate your firearms.
For no reason other than to serve out a redflag warrant.

Are you going to be a glowing ball of sunshine welcome the officers in or are you going to be confused, perhaps even upset that you have to surrender something you've spent Hundreds or Thousands of dollars on because, they said so? Along with the following costs and time lost to restore your rights simply because of hearsay? No concrete solid evidence?

That is the biggest flaw with this law. It focuses on the implement, not the individual. If, if a person is that much of a risk, that motivated to cause harm to themselves/others, why are we not taking that individual? Why are they free to still walk about free to choose whatever other weapon to carry out their intentions?

Because gunz bad. It's okay if that deranged lunatic who is such a threat to society loses their guns. We don't care if they use any other weapon. So long as it's not a firearm.

It's pants on head retarded.
If an individual is such a risk to themselves or others, take them. Not their firearms.
Then again, actual proof would have to exist in order to do that... hence why this has lemming support from both so called conservatives and liberals-Because it's "temporary". Until innocence is proven after multiple hoops and avenues have been placed upon the redflagged. At their expense too. Place an individual under such scrutiny because conflation and false equivalency. If gun owner, if in possession of [insert firearm the accuser doesn't like], then automatically a risk/threat.

All I can say is, thank God politicians aren't doctors or mechanics. Their problem solving skills, diagnostics and trouble shooting are severely lacking. If politicians were in fact doctors, alot of people would be perpetually sick/dead. If they were mechanics they'd keep throwing parts at a problem until it was solved. All they know how to do is spend money they don't have, hold a what's good for me is not for thee elitist attitude, and "promise" they're making a difference by eroding individual liberties by providing a false sense of safety/security. Because freedom and choice is scary.

Focal point really needs to shift from the inanimate object, and start going to the individual with Motive, Incentive, Intent.
That also would require folks to stop feeling and start thinking... then again, I forgot.

It's 2019. Feelings reign supreme. LOL. Emotions > rational logic and common sense... the majority of people these days are lemmings and look to government to solve problems it has no business being involved in.

What's hilarious? Those that will read this, absolutely will comment and suggest it reads as if I'm angry. On the contrary. I'm not. They will assume so though because text doesn't give tone. If in person, imagine the dullest monotone voice you can. Devoid of hand movement, almost robotic. No emotion tied to it whatsoever except for the occasional chuckle/laughter at the pure stupidity and irrational reactions and what ifs. Am I angry? Far from it.

I am utterly amused at how feeble society has become that it can justify a fast and loose "law" to strip a Constitutionally protected civil liberty. We no longer should recite land of the free, home of the brave as out motto. That went out the window in the 90s when I was a kid. More like, land of lemming, home of the feelz.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:26 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
"I hate cops"

I HOPE when you need them most, they WON'T show up!
A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
"You realize that cops are the ones who are confiscating peoples' guns, don't you?"

You OBVIOUSLY DON'T REALIZE it is NOT EVERY cop in the country.

To use such al inclusive statements is asinine to say the least.
NPC logic.

If all 50 states pass red flag laws (which are supported by Trump), who do you think will be doing the confiscations?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You hate 850,000 people that you don't even know?
Anyone who is paid with money stolen from me is my enemy.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
See if you can find any updates to this story. I couldn't find anything. With the death of a citizen at the hands of law enforcement, you would think that the media would be all over this................
He wasn't the right color or political ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies