Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:34 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its not once realized the job description of a govt cop is to enforce without question all of the laws the state has implemented, dreamt up, con-concocted, etc. and that are in direct contradiction of private property rights and personal freedom (and in many cases your own d*** rulebook the constitution. See war on drugs for further evidence)
That serve and protect nonsense is just that, they are occupiers in blue enforcing the crowns rule
“The whole Good Cop / Bad Cop question can be disposed of much more decisively. We need not enumerate what proportion of cops appears to be good or listen to someone's anecdote about his uncle Charlie, an allegedly good cop.

We need only consider the following:

A cop's job is to enforce the laws, all of them;

Many of the laws are manifestly unjust, and some are even cruel and wicked;

Therefore every cop has to agree to act as an enforcer for laws that are manifestly unjust or even cruel and wicked.

There are no good cops.”

- Robert Higgs

Old 04-14-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Liberals kept saying that and nobody with a brain ever believed it. They were straight up lying. As they do with so many issues. They want to take our guns. Absolutely they do.
Trump just made felons out of 500,000 Americans for owning a piece of plastic.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:36 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny thing, I have never, ever had a need for them. Of course, I had to call them because of someone trying to break into my house, but I have dogs and my own guns and was able to chase off the perps by the time the police showed up, which was like 30 minutes later.

My daughter lives a mile from police headquarters. She got home one night and her front door was standing open. She called the police and then me, I live on the other side of town. I drove to her house, did not speed, did a walk through with my handgun and waited another 10 minutes before the police got there. The police are only there to take reports after the crime.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What in the HELL are you drinking?
Truth and knowledge.

Better than the boot polish you're drinking.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:04 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You realize that cops are the ones who are confiscating peoples' guns, don't you?

They already murdered a guy in Maryland because he was protecting his inherent rights.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/mar...#axzz5l2UPD7zB

Use your brain.
Stupid people pass stupid bills that cops must adhere to else risk jail time ,job loss and pension.
They are now refusing to endorse this new bill. I support their action..... If You use your brain you would too !

Old 04-14-2019, 10:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Stupid people pass stupid bills that cops must adhere to else risk jail time ,job loss and pension.
They are now refusing to endorse this new bill. I support their action..... If You use your brain you would too !
Not really, I remember when I was in my late teens, driving home with a friend after a party, cop pulled us over and he knew we had been drinking (underage and driving), he told me to park the car and made us walk home, he said if he came back and the car was gone before morning, he would come arrest us.

This cop had a choice, thankfully he used common sense instead of 'just doing his job/enforcing laws'. I learned a lesson from that incident and did not drive when drinking after that! Id say most cops today would choose to arrest a kid doing the same thing.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Cops don't have to enforce unjust laws. It's part of the oath they take. And pensions are theft from taxpayers.

What would you do if cops knock on your door wanting to confiscate your weapons? Will you comply?

Old 04-14-2019, 10:50 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump just made felons out of 500,000 Americans for owning a piece of plastic.

I don't agree with the bump stock ban.

But it was pretty much a symbolic bone thrown to the "we have to do something" Left.

Completely unenforceable and completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things, except for the fact that it is an infringement on the 2nd amendment.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:54 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
It seems this law is wide open for abuse. What’s to stop the vengeful spouse, bitter roommate or the Antifa teen who dosen’t want the parents to have one, from grabbing the gun for any reason? First a motive for grabbing would have to be provided.

This dosen’t sound like a helpful law, but one with potential to turn into a big mess.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:58 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
It seems this law is wide open for abuse. What’s to stop the vengeful spouse, bitter roommate or the Antifa teen who dosen’t want the parents to have one, from grabbing the gun for any reason? First a motive for grabbing would have to be provided.

This dosen’t sound like a helpful law, but one with potential to turn into a big mess.
This is probably what the proposal hopes for; kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

This takes tools from people to defend themselves from the government while silmutaneously giving people more of a legal capacity to fight amongst themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies