Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 03:43 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,691,612 times

Advertisements

We are DUE for a major re-evaluation by people who have voted unthinkingly for years. If they don't support the Democratic Party, they SHOULD leave.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:48 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,198,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
https://nrcolumbus.com/fifty-two-loc...in-three-days/

Wow. This is in Columbus County,NC swing state...not good for democrat party. One commissioner gave his reasons

“It’s getting to where the Democratic Party is not like it used to be,” Bullard said Thursday to explain his switch. “It’s full of Muslims and full of people who believe in aborting babies up to the ninth month of pregnancy and even my pastor has been encouraging me to change my affiliation because of some of the Democratic Party beliefs. It was something I had planned on doing for a while. I hadn’t gone ahead and done it but, when the Jody Greene issue came up, I figured the time to do it is now.”

Holy Cow!!! This gang who "left" the Democratic party, just listen to them. This guy actually said this out loud!!

Quote:

"It’s getting to where the Democratic Party is not like it used to be,” Bullard said Thursday to explain his switch. “It’s full of Muslims...."

Wow. I feel the man's pain - the Democratic party is no longer a white people organization. Boy, the horror! How could they not leave!!!!

Seriously, we DON'T need people like that in the Dems. I'm surprised it took them this long to switch to the racist Republican party. If the Democrats lose a swing state because we are just not racist enough for them? So be it. It's not worth losing one's principle to win elections - we are not the Republicans afterall. We will never be able to get behind a sicko as president just to win or compromise our morals like the right-wing. We may not win as many elections as a result but we sleep much better at night.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:52 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So you're saying that a bunch of White Democrats left the party bc it started embracing a minority group, and joined Republicans bc they were more in line with their views? I'd call it shocking if this wasn't history repeating itself....

Just bookmark this the next time you need an example how & why the pro-Confederacy, pro-segregation wing of the Democrats left the party to join up with Republicans...
Lol, right? And what’s hilarious is they’re too duhhhhhh to even realize this.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:47 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,095,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This myth has been debunked multiple times (including multiple times by me) in this forum.
Get out of here with your nonsense that this had been debunked. I've debunking you revisionists since I've been here. Find a thread with me on it about this and I guarantee everyone who tried to sell this revisionism history was runoff.

And I didn't even need to use an current example of Democrats leaving the party bc it stopped being racist enough for them. Odd how the thing that Conservatives keep saying never happened, is literally still happening today with a different minority group.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:08 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,460,035 times
North Carolina will be a blue state like Virginia in a few years. Nobody wants to live in the rural areas of NC. Charlotte and Raleigh are the money centers with the jobs. Anybody with half a brain moves from the trailer trash counties, full of pig swill and meth heads, to ones where they can actually have a decent life. No high-speed internet means no business and no jobs. The Muslims won't be moving to Columbus County anytime soon! BTW, do you actually get Columbus Day off as a paid holiday in Columbus County or Jefferson Davis's birthday?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:39 AM

38,622 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
So you're saying that a bunch of White Democrats left the party bc it started embracing a minority group, and joined Republicans bc they were more in line with their views? I'd call it shocking if this wasn't history repeating itself....

Just bookmark this the next time you need an example how & why the pro-Confederacy, pro-segregation wing of the Democrats left the party to join up with Republicans...
Race card aside, most people vote their pocketbook.

It is a fact that immigration, both legal and illegal, negatively impacts worker's earnings, and this is especially true for POC.

The reason why the Democratic Party has lost so much ground over the years is because they have deliberately pitted Americans against other Americans.

In fact, as you've demonstrated above, for Democrats, it's become reflexive to attack white males without saying much else.

In contrast, the Republican Party has, at least for now, submitted to the will of its blue-collar base.

They are addressing trade and immigration issues in a way that benefits American workers and pisses-off their wealthy donors.

You should be taking notes rather than slinging insults!

Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 AM

16,955 posts, read 12,525,034 times
BOTH parties are changing
For the worse.

Both represent the fringe crazy of their respective sides.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:13 PM

15,958 posts, read 6,740,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
That's Great!

Thanks.......
I come with a good one now and then.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:55 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:

Yep, the ghost of Strom Thurmond lingers on ...

Old 04-15-2019, 08:58 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This myth has been debunked multiple times (including multiple times by me) in this forum.
Your historical revisionism has been called out.

You can't get away with that nonsense with those of us who have lived through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies