Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,065,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Anyone considered suicide? Is mentally ill. They need help. That is not vitriol to day that. It's fact and compassion and understanding. That someone who wants to kill themselves? Means the person is sick and needs HELP.

You don't like the facts I am presenting, so you accuse me of vitriol. You didn't like the ONE scenario I presented so say I am "unkind" even though they are parallel. Goal post moved.

Yet every argument FOR abortion is based on scenarios. Every single one. You provided a very specific scenario about a 12 y old girl who was raped and suicidal I say she needs HELP which is the compassionate response... and you say since I accuse her of being mentally ill that's just mean??? Really? That makes no sense.

But of course after the abortion she's perfectly healthy ... I noticed you did not respond to that comment I made that perhaps her suicidality? Was caused by the fact she was forced to have an abortion.

Killing someone because you feel like it is wrong. You disagree and think it's OK. But only if it's a baby in the womb? Is that the limit? Or is it OK to kill people in other scenarios? I don't think you ever responded to that. You continue to talk about the legality of it .. but again ... won't answer a question regarding legality: It's illegal tomorrow, still in favor of it?

People who allow their ability to see right and wrong through govt edicts have no value system or moral compass because they no ability to think for themselves.

But Abortion because ... 12,000,000 reasons .... because ...

drugs
foster care
career first
one night stand
deadbeat dads
oopsie
rape
no use BC
improper use of BC
don't want to get fat
because it's a Tuesday
because I'm going to the Bahamas in 2 weeks
because women's rights
because
because
because

The list is endless. People who support abortion claim it is a solution.

Did it solve any of the above problems? Nope. Not a one.

But it killed somebody. Because they felt like it.
Like it or not, a lot of those problems and others ARE solved by abortion, whether you like it or not, whether you choose to admit it or not.

And that is why abortion will never go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,221,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't think we are ever going to have to worry about the population being too low, just the opposite.

We are already starting to see the effects of climate change and our species has an expiration date just like others before us.....we aren't special.

Since I have no children and I, along with everyone I care about, will be dead within 30 years, not my problem.

And, the stress of living in today's world is already starting to take its toll....more and more people decide everyday it just isn't worth it and decide to bail out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/suicide...ssue-cdc-says/
The United States must obey its "national interests". And the only real national interest, is economic-growth. Which isn't only true for the United States, it is equally-true for China, Russia, Japan, England, etc.

Moreover, as you know, there has been significant economic-growth in the United States for decades, but real wages for the working-class have actually fallen. So the purpose of economic-growth is not to "improve the lives of the people", as is claimed. Which also explains why during pretty much the entire 19th-century, the working-class became increasingly worse-off than they had been in the century earlier, and yet capitalism continued its course.

The reality is, this is a Darwinian world, where "world powers" are competing for power(often called hegemony). And the United States can only remain relevant so long as we have the largest economy on Earth.

If the United States' population was half of what it is now, the economy would be half the size it is now. If the United States population doubled in size, the economy would double in size. If the United States had the same population-size as Finland, we would be as irrelevant as Finland.

The United States doesn't exist in a vacuum. And as long as we are forced to compete with China, and Russia, and the countless other countries on this planet, we must grow our economy, because money is power.

If the United States unilaterally depopulated itself, that might be good for the environment, but all it would do is make America weak. Would a weak and divided America even survive? Most Americans hate each other. I do not believe that we are a "nation", but rather an empire of various groups who tolerate each other for profit. Take away the profit and there is nothing left to hold us together.

The United States MUST continue growing its population by importing more immigrants, its very survival is at stake. The fewer children the native-born have, the more immigrants we must bring in. And this isn't just true for the United States, the same thing is happening in Europe as well, and will ultimately happen elsewhere where birthrates have fallen below replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Living in a world where we are crawling all over each other like bees in a hive isn't something we should strive for and is something that Mother Earth will not tolerate.
I don't think it is quite that stark, but I don't disagree with your thesis. I also have no children, will never have children, and although I'm relatively-young, I hope I die long before 30 years from now. I think the world is dreadful, and I think having a child in this world is tantamount to child-abuse. But that isn't because of climate-change or overpopulation, but because I can't stand this government, I can't stand the people, and I can't stand the direction we are headed, it is absolutely depressing.

I didn't come here to criticize you, I came here only to educate. I do not have skin in the game.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-21-2019 at 11:14 AM..

Old 04-21-2019, 10:14 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,108,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
My abortion story: went in, got it done, left. Best decision I ever made.
Not for the baby that was aborted. The fact that you gave the thumbs up emoji for abortion just tells me how depraved, callus and barbaric that we've become as a society. God help us all.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,668,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Not for the baby that was aborted. The fact that you gave the thumbs up emoji for abortion just tells me how depraved, callus and barbaric that we've become as a society. God help us all.
Of what concern should her decision be of yours as long as you're not the father, which, of course, you never can be? Really, I don't see how a woman getting an abortion is anybody's business other than the father, who may object, because he may want to keep and raise his child. But that issue is worthy of debate in another thread.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 AM

7,030 posts, read 4,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Shame on those women for not being mature enough to use contraception! I actually believe in abortion if either the mother's or child's life is at stake, if the woman became pregnant due to rape or if the fetus will never enjoy life and will be constantly suffering.

But there is something called birth control that women need to take r5esponsibility for if they have sex.
I picked this quote because it's so typical of what I hear all the time, but believe me, my reply is to ALL the people who think like this.

If you believe in abortion for any reason, then you believe in abortion. All you want to really do is pick and choose which abortion you support. Abortion is abortion is abortion. Please, state your reasons why you would be in favor of abortion in the case of rape or incest but against it in other cases. Most people say they are against abortion because the fetus is innocent. Well, isn't the fetus of rape or incest also innocent? Did it have any choice in how it was conceived?

There are many children alive today who are the results of rape and incest. It must make them feel very good to hear that even a forced birther thinks they should have been aborted. *sarcasm*

I personally believe in a woman's right to choose what to do with her body. What I don't like, however, are people who say they are against abortion, but then say, "Except for this and that reason." That just makes you a hypocrite.

Then there's all this talk about birth control. How anyone in this day and age can not know that all birth control has a failure rate is beyond me, but apparently some people still think the magic pill is 100% effective. Newsflash. ALL birth control has a failure rate and the sooner people get that through their thick heads, the better off we'll all be.

And would someone please tell me why it's always the woman's fault she gets pregnant and why is it always the woman who should keep her legs crossed? I swear, I've never in my life seen so many virgins have immaculate conception and give birth. You'd think there were no men at all on earth to hear people talk about how women need to prevent pregnancy.

OK, I'm not totally ignorant. I know what this all is and what it is, is simply a way to punish women for 1) having sex and 2) enjoying having sex. I know that, you know it, and so does everyone else. "Women have recreational sex? How outrageous! I know - when they get pregnant, force them to have the baby. That will teach them!" says every old conservative man and they use their beliefs in a religion to back themselves up and pass laws to restrict women from doing what they want with their own bodies.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And with that, you illustrate the inability to look at each and every layer of an issue. The real world is not black and white. To the real world - the compassionate, critical thinking world - there's a lot in between.

Anyway, "pro-life" means nothing of the sort. It's just pro-birth.
Some things are black and white, abortion qualifies as one of them. If you have an abortion, you are responsible for a death.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

But that would never ever occur to you. Because you cannot understand that babies in the womb? Are as valuable as all babies.
And women who are alive today were also once babies in the womb and since they were here first, their choice gets to supersede the so-called rights of the one in their womb.

Well, let's do it the way you want. The next time a child needs a new heart or a new kidney, we just take it from you instead of putting them on the waiting list. Children are precious - you're not worth as much anymore. Can you give me ONE good reason why society shouldn't put you down and take your heart to put into a small child that needs one?

Go on, I'll wait.

In your world, does it go like this?

Value of people in society

Most valuable - fetus.
Less valuable than a fetus but still worthy - small child
Less valuable than a small child but still showing promise - teenager
Less valuable than a teenager but tolerated - young adult capable of having children
Useless - any older person incapable of having children

Because that's what it sure seems like to me with the obsessive fixation you people all have with fetuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Some things are black and white, abortion qualifies as one of them. If you have an abortion, you are responsible for a death.
So you don't believe in any abortion whatsoever, even in cases of rape or incest or to save the mother's life, right?

Old 04-22-2019, 05:08 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,065,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
And women who are alive today were also once babies in the womb and since they were here first, their choice gets to supersede the so-called rights of the one in their womb.

Well, let's do it the way you want. The next time a child needs a new heart or a new kidney, we just take it from you instead of putting them on the waiting list. Children are precious - you're not worth as much anymore. Can you give me ONE good reason why society shouldn't put you down and take your heart to put into a small child that needs one?

Go on, I'll wait.

Most valuable - fetus.
Less valuable than a teenager but tolerated - young adult capable of having children

Because that's what it sure seems like to me with the obsessive fixation you people all have with fetuses.

So you don't believe in any abortion whatsoever, even in cases of rape or incest or to save the mother's life, right?
I wonder what newtovenice and others like her would do in this scenario.

They are 7 months pregnant and their two year old son dashes into the street and a truck is about to run him over.

Would they jump in front of the truck to push their two year old to safety or stand there safely on the sidewalk, cradling the fetus in their belly and just watch while their two year old gets killed?

Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

Go on, I'll wait.

Most valuable - fetus.

"Rape" quickly becomes a situation of -- it was casual sex gone bad and someone got pregnant accidentally. All of a sudden it's "date rape" which qualifies as "rape" which means a dead baby.
Draw your own conclusions.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
"Rape" quickly becomes a situation of -- it was casual sex gone bad and someone got pregnant accidentally. All of a sudden it's "date rape" which qualifies as "rape" which means a dead baby.
Draw your own conclusions.
Many married women get pregnant accidentally when their birth control fails. So how is that any different?

I've already made up my mind about abortion. I want to know why you wouldn't support a woman's right to abortion but could look the child of a rape victim in the face and say, " But I would have supported aborting you."

Go on, I'll wait on this one, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies