Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 05:57 AM

163 posts, read 143,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Would you rather that such selfish ugly people have their children and subject them to a lifetime of selfishness and ugliness? What kind of parent will a person make who does not want to be a parent?
You're misunderstanding my point. It’s not a “would you rather question” The main issue is the irresponsible selfish actions people are making from the start. Then, using their mistake to justify themselves on why abortion is good for them and anyone else who chooses to get one. You're doing the same!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 06:04 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,897,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I wouldn't call treating women as breeding stock with no body autonomy respect, just the opposite.

Where is the warehouse and the farmer? LMK where I can buy one. Is it regulated by the USDA? /sarcasm/

The only one with no respect is the women getting the abortion. SHE has no respect for herself or the baby she is going to kill. When you kill someone just because you feel like it? THAT's no respect.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:18 AM

163 posts, read 143,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The drug addicted street prostitute too selfish to give her kid up for adoption or abort, makes for a great parent �� the kid grows up probably being abused, taught how to survive in a criminal and poor environment. Yep. Great parents and life experience
Yep, there are a lot of ****ty people in this world. Abortion is just another ****ty action of ****ty people. The question is how do we as a community help the people make good decisions?

Like I said earlier it's 2019!!!! It's not about, "it's my body and I do what I want to!" "It's my right!" Pleeease that's so damn old and disgusting way of thinking.

AGAIN, ANY woman can get birth control for FREE. The excuses need to stop. Stop justifying crappy people for their actions saying it's OK for the druggy to get an abortion. How is it helping society? She'll just get another one?? I thought woman wanted to be strong and powerful? It's the laziest excuse I've ever heard.

It's a vicious circle we as a society need to figure out how to help it stop. Not arguing back and forth on it's a woman's right.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,897,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveSpringNewb View Post
Yep, there are a lot of ****ty people in this world. Abortion is just another ****ty action of ****ty people. The question is how do we as a community help the people make good decisions?

Like I said earlier it's 2019!!!! It's not about, "it's my body and I do what I want to!" "It's my right!" Pleeease that's so damn old and disgusting way of thinking.

AGAIN, ANY woman can get birth control for FREE. The excuses need to stop. Stop justifying crappy people for their actions saying it's OK for the druggy to get an abortion. How is it helping society? She'll just get another one?? I thought woman wanted to be strong and powerful? It's the laziest excuse I've ever heard.

It's a vicious circle we as a society need to figure out how to help it stop. Not arguing back and forth on it's a woman's right.

Every time I've posted that women need to have self respect, common sense, and responsibility, I've been called a women hater.

Every. Single. Time.

Apparently those characteristics are horrible qualities for women to have. Because ... abortion.

PS. I'm female.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:40 AM

21,058 posts, read 19,550,211 times
Abortion should be mandatory for liberals and illegal for conservatives.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:46 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,175,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, you think right to privacy laws should be all or nothing?
Let me repeat what I said...

"Many people do not believe that abortion is a right. It only became a defacto right in 1973, from Roe V. Wade. But the Constitution had been around for nearly 200 years before that, and the government's position prior to 1973 was that abortion was not a right."

I don't believe "killing a human" is a matter of privacy. That doesn't mean I think abortion should be illegal, but I do think Roe v. Wade was a bad Supreme Court decision.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,996,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where is the warehouse and the farmer? LMK where I can buy one. Is it regulated by the USDA? /sarcasm/

The only one with no respect is the women getting the abortion. SHE has no respect for herself or the baby she is going to kill. When you kill someone just because you feel like it? THAT's no respect.
What baby? What someone?

I have more respect for women than to put them on equal footing with an organism the size of a grape.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveSpringNewb View Post

Since there is no 100% perfect form of contraception, including sterilization, you must think women who do not want to get pregnant {and that would include married women} should be celibate........good luck with that.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Abortion should be mandatory for liberals and illegal for conservatives.
Go for it!

......and watch the number of conservatives plummet.

......because....guess what?

Plenty of conservative women have abortions and plenty of conservative men are glad they do.

Last edited by Annie53; 04-17-2019 at 07:50 AM..

Old 04-17-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Let me repeat what I said...

"Many people do not believe that abortion is a right. It only became a defacto right in 1973, from Roe V. Wade. But the Constitution had been around for nearly 200 years before that, and the government's position prior to 1973 was that abortion was not a right."

I don't believe "killing a human" is a matter of privacy. That doesn't mean I think abortion should be illegal, but I do think Roe v. Wade was a bad Supreme Court decision.
And many people believe abortion is a right.

Fact is when the Constitution was written abortion was common and legal and the founding fathers must have been good with that since they failed to address it.

So, it is fair to assume the Constitution is pro-choice.

Another fact, we have no idea what the 2cd Amendment would look like if they had known about the kinds of guns we have today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies