Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:42 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
It's absurd.

The only group that is ok to mock are straight white men.

It's a huge double standard of hypocrisy. The left is continuing to undermine and weakening our country and social framework. The left wants racial/gender/sexual/religious tensions and animosity.

It's disgusting.
From your experience, does the Right or Left tend to be more hypocritical on race/gender/sexual/religious situations in this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 09:49 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
In yet another attack on straight white males (you wouldn't see this kind of garbage today against any other demographic), the new Netflix show "Special" says that "straight white men are canceled." Critics have praised this same show for being the "gayest show on TV" and "the most...realistic portrayal of gay sex that any TV show has seen in years."

Here is a link for more information on this straight white male bashing show.
"......realistic portrayal of gay sex that any TV show has seen in years........"

That should be some value added entertainment, Lol.

Not.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:53 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,629 times
Netflix makes a lot of good material but you have to understand that they're really just an extension of Hollywood. They are still pretty California *******ed so some of their shows reflect that. You have to keep things in perspective.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:56 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Good thing about Netflix is if you don't like a show, you don't have to watch it! Not even while waiting for something else to come on. Just skip over it!

And Netflix has God's Not Dead, so it isn't totally against conservatives. I'm sure other faith-based entertainment choices are on there as well.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70299871

Old 04-24-2019, 10:05 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
It's so hard to avoid watching a show on Netflix, too. Maybe y'all want to pass a law against TV shows you don't like?

Old 04-24-2019, 10:10 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's so hard to avoid watching a show on Netflix, too. Maybe y'all want to pass a law against TV shows you don't like?
I wouldn't put it beyond conservatives to want to censor entertainment that might be offensive to the evangelicals. It's not enough for them to simply not watch it. They have to make sure nobody else can as well. Wasn't something like that actually talked about as recently as the George W. Bush years?

Old 04-24-2019, 10:10 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Hypocritical left at it again. No low too low.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:12 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
does this mean we can count on you to never again complain about anything that you can easily avoid being exposed to? think hard.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:12 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I watched the preview. It looks interesting. I think I'll watch it tonight. Thanks for putting it back on my radar.
We just finished the first season. New, creative, a little uncomfortable..... was just commenting to DH last night that this is the first time in awhile I have seen a new concept for show. While it may not be for everyone, it is pretty brilliant.

My straight white husband managed to not be offended.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2019, 10:15 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I wouldn't put it beyond conservatives to want to censor entertainment that might be offensive to the evangelicals. It's not enough for them to simply not watch it. They have to make sure nobody else can as well. Wasn't something like that actually talked about as recently as the George W. Bush years?
Now there's an irony...Evangelicals are the epitome of offensive...in their intrusiveness and hijacking of a religion. Why don't real Christians who actually follow the teachings of Jesus confront them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies