Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 03:38 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Stole? Nope, they gave it back and then some. WOOHOO!!!!!
Yeah, and people like me subsidized your ass. You're welcome.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're the one continually whining about 'statism', how about we start with your definition of just WHAT it is?
The belief that a government has the moral and logical right to exist and rule over individuals who do not consent.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I hear ya talkin' and complainin', how about telling us your comprehensive plan that's superior to what we have now?

To paraphrase a statement often attributed to Winston Churchill though he's likely noy th eoriginator:

What we have now is the worst system except for all the others.

Let's here some comprehensive solutions from those constantly bashing what we have now.
No.

I nor anyone else wasn't put on this earth to solve the problems of any man or the problem of natural scarcity of resources.

You are jumping to the ends when all us anarchists are asking for is an honest evaluation of the means. And here is that evaluation:

Man is born free without any contractual obligation to another man or involuntary group (a State aka government). Consent can only be given when two or more parties, free from duress and with the cognitive ability to do so, agree to terms. He owns his body, mind, and the fruits of his labor (when his mind and body work in conjunction to produce something). It is therefore an inherent right of man to be free to do this as long as he does not purposely infringe on the right of another man to do likewise.

Your evaluation involves a magical ride thru a birthing canal where upon exiting a man agrees not to buy cigarettes until he is 18 or 21 or whatever.

If I'm wrong on your evaluation go ahead and correct me but I don't think so. I once had that evaluation myself before I jettisoned mysticism from my understanding of the world.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:43 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
As another April 15th is upon us, let's all pay tribute to the money that was stolen from us by imagining what we could do with it if we were still in possession of it.

Personally I would use it to finish my basement renovation into a man-cave; instead I had to take out a home improvement loan for it. I could also use it for a nice couple weeks of fishing and camping around Alaska this summer.

What say, C-D posters? What would you do with the money the IRS and your respective states (if applicable) stole from you?

Not sure. It is so fun giving to all of the various takers and leeches in our society. Why would you want do to anything else with YOUR money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies